The Jim Ross Is A Grouchy Hateful Vile Human Being thread

Loss

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ventura

Kharma seems to have problems anywhere she works, though. TNA mistreated her, and now the WWE, albeit a much shorter time, has also mistreated her. Maybe she needs to become a writer.

She's a black, fat, woman. I'm not saying anything, but still, I can't help of thinking about things, since her issues with TNA had to do with Bubba's racist remarks toward haitians.

WWE have made fun of Molly Holly and Mickie James supposed "weight" and "shape". They've fired Dawn Marie while she was pregnant...

That doesn't make sense, it's obvious both WWE and TNA weren't waiting for her to drop a few pounds to start doing bikini contests, she was hired to be the monster heel who destroys the thin and cute blondes, and that's it. She's still over so the change of the angle doesn't matter, although it would be fun to see a match while she was in the killing process angle. She just got pregnant. And TNA is TNA, anyone sane will have problems there.

but isn't the TV mindset that wrestling fans are all poor and stupid so there's no point advertising your product on WWE tv?

Doesn't mean its right. Just shows Ad people are shit bags who have always looked down on the working class.

That doesn't make sense, it's obvious both WWE and TNA weren't waiting for her to drop a few pounds to start doing bikini contests, she was hired to be the monster heel who destroys the thin and cute blondes, and that's it. She's still over so the change of the angle doesn't matter, although it would be fun to see a match while she was in the killing process angle. She just got pregnant. And TNA is TNA, anyone sane will have problems there.

It doesn't make sense to want a skinny giant. But WWE harped on Big Show for years about his weight.

It doesn't make sense to want a skinny giant. But WWE harped on Big Show for years about his weight.

Nothing new.

"I'm a piece of shit. I'm just a fat piece of shit". 1998.

Because you see, you can't have fat guys, it's not rassling anymore, we need guys who all look like Randy Orton.

According to Show, being sent to OVW was less about his weight than it was his attitude and cardio. Or something like that. It was in his DVD. And Vader saying "I'm a fat peice of shit.", while really weird, was more about some sort of "he needs his killer instinct back" than it was his weight. Wasn't that supposed to be part of that aborted deal where he and Ron Simmons were being approached by Callis?

Guest kowking

but isn't the TV mindset that wrestling fans are all poor and stupid so there's no point advertising your product on WWE tv?

Doesn't mean its right. Just shows Ad people are shit bags who have always looked down on the working class.

Well, no, ad people understand, quite correctly, that wrestling fans are a low-income demographic.

And WWE harped on Show for his weight and cardio because he was destroying himself.

Guest kowking

Don't really get what you are disputing.

Well, for one, ad people aren't necessarily looking down on wrestling fans -- they just get that it isn't a demographic with money to burn.

Don't really get what you are disputing.

Well, for one, ad people aren't necessarily looking down on wrestling fans -- they just get that it isn't a demographic with money to burn.

Recent or current WWE advertisers include Mattel, ConAgra , Twix/Mars, Burger King, Army National Guard, Proctor & Gamble, 7-Eleven, Pepsi and Castrol.

Now, I realize that these companies generally aren't selling expensive items...but what companies are looking down their nose or "not wanting the demographic" re: advertising on WWE because of the money spending potential of wrestling fans? DeBeer's Diamonds? Porsche? Grey Poupon?

Now, I realize that these companies generally aren't selling expensive items...but what companies are looking down their nose or "not wanting the demographic" re: advertising on WWE because of the money spending potential of wrestling fans? DeBeer's Diamonds? Porsche? Grey Poupon?

It's more in tune that the head honcho of Grey Poupon issued a directive that says that they're only able to spend x amount of dollars on advertisements. And they don't feel that advertising on WWE television programs are the best ways to use those dollars, compared to an ad during the World Series, Super Bowl, American Idol, etc.

It's more in tune that the head honcho of Grey Poupon issued a directive that says that they're only able to spend x amount of dollars on advertisements. And they don't feel that advertising on WWE television programs are the best ways to use those dollars, compared to an ad during the World Series, Super Bowl, American Idol, etc.

I was joking, man. :lol:

Nothing new.

Because you see, you can't have fat guys, it's not rassling anymore, we need guys who all look like Randy Orton.

This might reopen a can of worms, but is it really all that surprising that the WWE prefers their entertainers to look like Orton? Professional wrestling has a history of using that particular model for success just like every other form of major entertainment. Not always the case, no, but more often than not, yes. A standard that is of questionable moral significance, but nevertheless far more profitable than the alternative.

As far as weight loss. There is a limit to your monster heels to the point where you want them to be in good enough shape to work rather than just being as big as possible. Adrian Adonis was better at 280 lbs than at 380. Yokozuna was better at 505 than 650, etc.

Nothing new.

This might reopen a can of worms, but is it really all that surprising that the WWE prefers their entertainers to look like Orton? Professional wrestling has a history of using that particular model for success

Yeah since about 2002.

Actually, one of those "HHH takeover" aspects that I can see is more guys growing their hair out. You know he's of the mindset that it's significantly more visual (hence better) when they snap their head back on strikes/etc... but, yeah, Randy Orton is not "the classical pro wrestling star's look" by any means. Hell, Randy's not even a star/draw himself if recent Smackdown touring is your guide.

Actually, one of those "HHH takeover" aspects that I can see is more guys growing their hair out. You know he's of the mindset that it's significantly more visual (hence better) when they snap their head back on strikes/etc...

Wasn't he the one behind all the haircuts in 02/03 because he wanted to be the only guy on the roster with long blonde hair?

Actually, one of those "HHH takeover" aspects that I can see is more guys growing their hair out. You know he's of the mindset that it's significantly more visual (hence better) when they snap their head back on strikes/etc...

Wasn't he the one behind all the haircuts in 02/03 because he wanted to be the only guy on the roster with long blonde hair?

Yep. Test, Christian, you name it.

• 1 month later...

Yep. Test, Christian, you name it.

Also, Mike "Nova" Bucci, from what I recall. If I'm not mistaken the story went that Stephanie thought with his hair he looked too much like Triple-H so it had to go?

• 3 months later...

Cageside Quote: Jim Ross is 'treated wonderfully in WWE'

I'm told by some fans that I'm a gutless sellout for continuing to work for WWE after "how you've been treated." These critiques, eye rollers to say the least, must be coming from bottom feeding adults or kids who have never had a job and are still living with mommy and daddy.

Other than by a handful of individuals, I am treated wonderfully in WWE so please don't base what you see on a TV and confuse it with day to day life.

Anyone can quit and one can argue that is one of the things that is wrong with our country, people quitting on their goals, quitting on committments, and quitting on doing all they can to make positive contributions in their professional and personal lives. I am not a quitter.