Pro Wrestling Only

The Jim Ross Is A Grouchy Hateful Vile Human Being thread

Loss

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody would doubt that Christian getting a haircut was one of the best things for his career. He looked like so much more of a job guy with long hair than he does with short hair.

He looks like a job guy now, so...

I've never bought into Christian as a main eventer and I doubt that I ever will. Unless he's being a goofy comedy act, or falling off a ladder, I don't care about him at all, honestly. His Edge & Christian tag team run was the only time I could ever stand him. I know some of his ECW stuff was praised, some his recent solo stuff with Randy Orton, even maybe some TNA stuff, but to me he just screams jobber.

• 4 months later...

apparently on the new legends roundtable discussing celebrities in wrestling JR claims that Cyndi Lauper had no place being in the wrestling business. Well that's certainly debatable. She gave the WWF a bunch of mainstream exposure that helped usher in the boom. But I can understand someone who learned wrestling from Bill Watts feeling that way

I don't know why they didn't have Jerry Lawler instead of Michael Hayes on that episode. Especially because they had an entire segment devoted solely to Andy Kaufman. DDP sort of made sense, because they talked about Rodman, Malone & Jay Leno. Roddy Piper, of course, could talk about Mr. T. Michael Hayes didn't really provide too much to this episode.

My impression is that Michael's there more or less to agree with JR to make him seem less like a grouchy hateful human being. If you notice, at least on prior episodes (I haven't watched the new ones yet), every time JR says something that comes off even somewhat dickish Michael will jump in with a related story.

I don't know why they didn't have Jerry Lawler instead of Michael Hayes on that episode. Especially because they had an entire segment devoted solely to Andy Kaufman. DDP sort of made sense, because they talked about Rodman, Malone & Jay Leno. Roddy Piper, of course, could talk about Mr. T. Michael Hayes didn't really provide too much to this episode.

DDP said a few weeks back on his F4W interview that they taped a couple episodes in one sitting. Mentioned that the previous one was about more historical content so he didn't say much since he wasn't around back then but he was more at home talking about the celeb stuff for sure.

• 3 months later...

I don't care if he is saying this is a fabrication, it sounds close enough to reality for me:

I'm from Westville, OK, a town of about 1,000 people whose only claim to fame is being the birthplace of Jim Ross, also known as Good Ol' JR. It's a very rare thing for him to actually come back to town, and when he does, he's usually visiting family and keeps his visit private. However, the year after I graduated from high school, the school superintendent got in touch with his family and asked if he would come speak to the students. Because of the size of our school auditorium, and it being a K-12 school, every assembly is basically conducted twice, once for elementary and then again for high school. I was working as a substitute at the time, so I was at the assembly for the elementary students.

JR comes out to huge cheers from the crowd, of course, and starts his canned "believe in yourself" speech. Our school didn't exactly have the best AV equipment, and during the speech, the audio started to cut out. He immediately began cursing, loudly enough that everyone could hear (the students are seated so that the youngest are up front), about how the "goddamn school" and it's "piece of shit" equipment were "wasting my goddamn time," pretending to do it under his breath. They got the mic working and he spoke for about another minute or so before leaving the stage, and we could still hear him backstage, telling the administration the one assembly was enough and that "I'm getting the hell out of here right now."

Ed note: Jim Ross calls this story a "total fabrication."

However, the year after I graduated from high school, the school superintendent got in touch with his family and asked if he would come speak to the students. Because of the size of our school auditorium, and it being a K-12 school, every assembly is basically conducted twice, once for elementary and then again for high school. I was working as a substitute at the time, so I was at the assembly for the elementary students.

I did not know that you could graduate from college and get your teaching credentials in OK in less than a year. Mighty impressive for a 19 year old.

Or perhaps:

"Mrs. Thompson called in suck today. Why don't you go down to the Exxon station and see if Old Man Richards can spare CP from the lube bay today so the boy can come in to teach the 6th graders."

Yeah... that's about as far fetched.

John

However, the year after I graduated from high school, the school superintendent got in touch with his family and asked if he would come speak to the students. Because of the size of our school auditorium, and it being a K-12 school, every assembly is basically conducted twice, once for elementary and then again for high school. I was working as a substitute at the time, so I was at the assembly for the elementary students.

I did not know that you could graduate from college and get your teaching credentials in OK in less than a year. Mighty impressive for a 19 year old.

Or perhaps:

"Mrs. Thompson called in suck today. Why don't you go down to the Exxon station and see if Old Man Richards can spare CP from the lube bay today so the boy can come in to teach the 6th graders."

Yeah... that's about as far fetched.

John

Different states have different rules on this. In SC you only need a high school diploma to sub, though they pay more for those with college degrees.

Yeah, in Texas I had substitute teachers that were 18-19 years old. You need a HS diploma, just take a course that last a couple of weeks, sit in on a few classes, and you're allowed to be a substitute here. Like Dylan said, different states have different rules.

The alleged JR quotes from that story sound like how he talks on those raw satellite feeds of WWE TV that show up on YouTube. It's funny to see him switch from his smarmy, sarcastic "shoot voice" to the working "Good Ol JR" voice in a snap.

Lordy... a 19 year old kid with a high school degree with no credentials being a teacher, even as a sub, as being acceptable in states? What a fucking embarrassment.

Welcome to our modern education system. And yet some politicians have the nerve to complain that the reason our classrooms suck is because we pay our qualified and competent teachers too much money.

Lordy... a 19 year old kid with a high school degree with no credentials being a teacher, even as a sub, as being acceptable in states? What a fucking embarrassment.

Welcome to our modern education system. And yet some politicians have the nerve to complain that the reason our classrooms suck is because we pay our qualified and competent teachers too much money.

While the pro-teacher and anti-teacher crowds are busy fighting with each other, school administrators sit back and laugh while collecting fat paychecks and sucking more and more resources from school districts that should go to teachers.

While the pro-teacher and anti-teacher crowds are busy fighting with each other, school administrators sit back and laugh while collecting fat paychecks and sucking more and more resources from school districts that should go to teachers.

Don't forget the teacher's union.

John

As someone who has been getting the run around from the state of Pennsylvania for the better part of two months now as they keep finding reasons to delay my teaching certification (and in some cases not even telling me what those reasons are!), knowing this happens makes my brain hurt.

Don't forget the teacher's union.

Their power has always been overstated. If they actually had the irresistible Rasputin-like influence over the government which their opponents claim, then teachers would be paid and treated a hell of a lot better, and not constantly under the thumb of admins and school boards like they always are.

John

As someone who has been getting the run around from the state of Pennsylvania for the better part of two months now as they keep finding reasons to delay my teaching certification (and in some cases not even telling me what those reasons are!), knowing this happens makes my brain hurt.

Yeah. My mother is a teacher with excellent academic credentials and an impeccable employment record, and currently she's working a part-time gig as a tutor in between her shifts at fucking Walmart. Nobody will hire her, partly because she's too old and experienced and every school just wants the cheapest teachers they can hire. And she's also been repeatedly fucked over by the background tests; I can't begin to count the number of times she's been fingerprinted for these jobs, it's literally dozens if not hundreds of times. Meanwhile, not a week goes by where you don't seem to hear of some scandal about a teacher molesting his students and it turns out that they just forgot to do the background check or otherwise missed the fact that he's a proven sexual predator.