Timbo Slice

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

WWE having a commercial free half hour on FS1,  AEW booking dream matches on Youtube,  competition is a great thing for the biz friendos. 

My exacts thoughts.

I was picturing Dragon getting anxious with all these U.S wrestlers getting singles matches with MiSu except him. I remember him saying one of his favorite matches ever was facing Suzuki on a New Japan show (that sadly wasn't taped) so if they give them 12-15 minutes I expect something pretty special.

Tony has been very "Paul Heyman as the guru of ECW" on Twitter with this, and it's been great. One of the best parts of AEW is how the fans feel ownership like the ECW crowds did, and Tony deliberately (and he's an admitted ECW mark so no I have no doubts its 100% deliberate) invoking Head of the ECW Cult Paul E is brilliant. 

The sheer amount of fucking idiots on Twitter who are bitching that the match is on YouTube or bitching that it "doesn't have a storyline" is astonishing.

What the hell is wrong with wrestling fans today?

If we'd been given this level of match outside of a PPV 30 years ago, we'd have been high fiving each other in the hallways, not backseat accounting the potential lost revenue of what platform it's on.

As for a storyline, it's really amazing what 20 years of the WWE monopoly has done to people. Apparently wrestlers just can't wrestle to see who is the better wrestler anymore. They have to throw coffee at each other, steal each others girlfriends, or have supernatural stuffed animals in order to have a reason to fight. 

I suppose my opening sentence should have just been "The sheer amount of fucking idiots on Twitter is astonishing."

The issue with this "there's no story" nonsense is that there is history. Danielson got absolutely mauled by Suzuki in 2004 and can finally "avenge" himself now that the opportunity arises. It isn't rocket science, it's literally on his Twitter (with the match trending #4 in America when announced - which is crazy, btw).

27 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

I suppose my opening sentence should have just been "The sheer amount of fucking idiots on Twitter is astonishing."

I'd remove "Twitter" from that sentence, personally, but yours still rings true.

On 10/12/2021 at 9:25 PM, sek69 said:

Bryan must feel like a kid in a candy store right now, he can go to Tony and be like "Can I get a match with *literally anyone in the world not in WWE* and Tony's like "sure, how's next week sound?"

I’m just waiting to see who he will be working at Hammerstein.