Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 4/25-5/1 Hey Asuka's back

sek69

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Dude he was getting massive pops at the CWC that had everyone here puzzled each time it happened. I have no idea why, but he was over as fuck.  He's got loads of charisma, has a good body, and he's not a bad looking dude. He could be something in WWE since he's pretty much everything they look for but all they see is a 39 year old so he has to be a manager. 

9 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Nah, he was getting INSANE reactions. People were really loud for essentially everything he did, it made no damn sense.

Still a difference between that and "as over as The Rock." Come on now, Bubba.

Plus, reminder: Blue Pants got insane reactions from the NXT crowd. Let's not overthink it. Vince clearly doesn't respect their reactions or think it translates to the wider WWE, and he may not be wrong in some respects. 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

Still a difference between that and "as over as The Rock." Come on now, Bubba.

Plus, reminder: Blue Pants got insane reactions from the NXT crowd. Let's not overthink it. Vince clearly doesn't respect their reactions or think it translates to the wider WWE, and he may not be wrong in some respects. 

Bro, the reactions he was getting WERE huge. I'm not exaggerating one bit when I say he was THE most over person on that 2.0 roster by a fairly long margin. The crowd was on fire for every single segment he was involved, and when he cut a promo it did feel, judging by their reactions, he was the biggest professional wrestler ever.

Blue Pants was a meme, bubba. Lasted for three weeks and she was outta there. LA Knight was heavily featured and was favored against people like The Man Formerly Know as WALTER. Check out his feud against douchebag extraordinaire Grayson Waller and you'll see the crowd going mental.

11 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

The same 400 neckbeards every week vs the millions and millions? I don't think this is a fair fight. 

I get your point but there has to be some way to measure if the people in NXT are getting over or else  there's no reason to even do the show.

7 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I get your point but there has to be some way to measure if the people in NXT are getting over or else  there's no reason to even do the show.

You mean like ratings? By that measure, no one in NXT is over. Regardless, LA Knight is way too physically imposing to be a manager. That's just common sense.

Two hours meeting to tell the girls that they have to dress sexy. Yeah, sure. What did Becky Lynch said the other day about WWE representing women so well and shit ? 

And that clip of Kacy Catanzaro.... Everytime I see anything from NXT 2.0 popping up (the super soaker bit, the Joe Gacy angle with the Steiner family, this bit of promo gold), it's cringe as fuck. It's like the worst of TNA through a WWE lens or something.

I mean, was this an actual two-hour meeting about how to dress sexy, or a two-hour meeting where the possibility of doing so was brought up? After all, a worker is still a worker. 

Also, can you point me to anybody on the main roster or NXT who is actually dressing sexier than they did in NXT 1.0, to any large extent? Because the actual supposed "horny" characters either existed in basically the same way pre-NXT, wherever they were (Nikkita, Mandy) or aren't doing anything horny beyond making out with their in character boyfriends (the former InDex girls). 

Plus, if you've actually look at the various social media of the girls who are dressing sexy in NXT, it's not as if they're aren't in some ways, dressing even sexier on social media, than they do on-screen. If there was somebody who was obviously covered up OOC, but being forced to do so IC, this would be a problem, but it's not like they're pushing the former Rok-C dressed much differently than she was on the indies. 

Am I sure Athena feels like she's been left behind? Sure, but the last paragraph shows what the actual problem likely was beyond the usual WWE booking issues - typical locker room issues. 

I mean pretty much every woman on the roster is sporting booty shorts with the cheeks peeking out (unless there's a gimmick reason not to like Wendy Choo), and while certainly some always did, it wasn't across the board like it seems to be now. 

Plus it's WWE we're talking about, there's zero reason to give them any benefit of the doubt since it seems in most cases what goes on behind the scenes involving their women ends up being worse than what trickles out. 

6 hours ago, Al said:

I mean, the only shock is they said it out loud.

That's the thing among many things.

I know there were a lot of "why is Wendy Choo no longer Mei Ying" and "why is Wendy Choo wearing a onesie" comments by fans. But Vince et al. visited NXT last year and looked the women there up and down and Mei Ying didn't get a main roster tryout like most and Xia Li did (a great main roster so far, huh?). A general rollback and to the 00s Vince regime that didn't see Gail Kim and Asian Women as "fuckable".

Throwing two pies in Toni Storm's face on Smackdown AFTER achieving losing weight for her main roster run was a modern Piggie James "ribbing on the square" type deal. She obviously quit soon after.

Nick Bockwinkel is the only guy I can recall grabbing the middle rope with his left hand as his right side hits the ropes, in case of top-rope breakage. He doesn't do it every match, most likely only when he doesn't trust the ropes. I didn't receive much wrestling tuition but it was from an old-timer (George Julio) and he insisted we grab the middle-rope when we ran the ropes.