Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/23 - 01/29 Fist of the North Star turns 40 this year

KawadaSmile

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In kayfabe, it's kinda dumb to book one person to face the tag champs straight up as opposed to a "tag partner got taken out and the remaining person goes it alone" situation. It also seems a little bit early to be putting Sol Ruca in main events, but I guess they're striking while the iron is hot since her finisher went viral so I can't fault that.

Also I want to see Sol and Tiffany have a flippy contest and see who can come up with the most ridiculous shit. 

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

It also seems a little bit early to be putting Sol Ruca in main events, but I guess they're striking while the iron is hot since her finisher went viral so I can't fault that.

Which is precisely the problem with a show like Level Up. You run the risk of trying to take advantage of a viral moment by putting someone in a position they're nowhere near ready for. No one needs to be on TV until they have the fundamentals down. Finding the hard camera and coming up with cool movez should be the last things they work on, not the first.

Are there any realistic winners of the women's Rumble?  It doesn't seem like anyone other than Bianca, Charlotte & Becky have gotten any kind of a push of late and I don't see them having Becky win again or pairing off the two champions.  Ripley could be given a rocket pack but she's hardly been pushed against the women at all of late.   Very odd situation.

I forgot if I posted it here or at DVDVR - and I hate to repeat myself in either/both forums - but as lame as it sounds, Rhea is almost too good right now to give the Rumble win to.

My fear is that Rhea has been killing it as a heel, but winning the Rumble is almost a de facto babyface thing. I can see Rhea getting cheered by a large portion of the fans who would view her as representing (a) someone new after relatively 2 years of Bianca Belair at the top of the RAW brand and (b) because her actual story of putting in hard work for years and years and climbing the roster and getting herself over is organic and undeniable. And, again, she's been the MVP of Judgment Day by a country mile. Put her in the Rumble, she's arguably the most over character in the thing with the most recognition from the audience as "deserving." I don't see how her winning would result in anything but cheers.

In this scenario too, Belair, who has also done nothing but good work, is kinda forced to play the role that Chris Benoit played in the build-up to SummerSlam 04' (or, and I know its more of a stretch, Bret Hart in the build to WrestleMania XII). Belair has done nothing wrong, she's been a fighting champion, she's 100% the babyface, but in the world of fickle fanbases, she's also headlined the last two Manias and could now be seen as the "establishment" choice (as ridiculous as it sounds). Meanwhile, Rhea Ripley winning the Rumble gives her the momentum, gives her the status of being the "newer" star, and also cements her as a bad-ass who outlasted 29 other women and is now gunning for the top spot. 

To me, it'd be short-sighted to sacrifice one of the best heels on your roster - male or female - when there is still money on the table for her to have a huge tag match at Mania involving Edge & Beth Phoenix or Rey Mysterio & (insert female babyface) or even just as Dom's 2nd in a Mysterio vs. Mysterio match. Ripley is good enough that her eventual climb to the top of the division can happen any time they want it to. 

So who is winning the men's Royal Rumble match? Cody? Sami?

Hell, for that matter, what's the main event of Wrestlemania? Cody Vs. Roman? Sami Vs. Roman?

I feel like after all the build-up it kind of has to be Sami Vs. Roman. I don't think Sami/Ko Vs. The Usos really works anymore because I think Sami is now above that, elevation wise.

You also have to find things for Kevin Owens, The Usos, Solo Sikoa, Seth Rollins & Cody Rhodes to do if you go with Sami. I don't think you want to bring back Cody & immediately put him into a tag team, so maybe KO/Seth Vs. The Usos & Cody Vs. Solo?

7 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

42 and looking not a day under 50. 

As far as the Rumble goes, well of course Cody wins. Anything else would be ridiculous, unless it's Sami. Which won't happen.

The women's Rumble, well, who cares ? They obviously don't. Rhea sounds like a sure bet. I mean, who the fuck else at this point ?

I fully expect Matt Cardona & Chelsea Green to be "surprise" entrants. I enjoyed Green in IMPACT as a heel. I fully expect her to end up like Emma (whom I also enjoyed in IMPACT as a heel) aka "totally lost in the shuffle after one week". Hopefully there aren't too many of them that I really care about. 

1 hour ago, Dav'oh said:

Sami's first program after the split will be with Jey, not Roman. Jey will be the most aggrieved.

I’m honestly unsure at this point, the Usos are more connected to Sami than they are to Roman at this point. I can almost see an Usos face turn easier than I can see a Sami v Usos feud.

Brock on SD tonight is the first time I’ve ever noticed him showing some age.

Charlotte was in last year's Rumble as the champion,  but I think Rhea wins for sure. Rhea/Bianca was the plan for MITB last year before Rhea got concussed and they never went back to it, but did a little 'walk by each other and make eye contact' backstage scene a few months back to tease it.

Otherwise, I would be cool with Raquel winning, being in her hometown. I loved her match with Ronda last month. Her vs Charlotte would be fresh, but I don't imagine they want to do anything to turn Charlotte again quite that quick. 

I get they probably didn't want to book Drew and Sheamus to lose, but them just choosing to give up their spot because they got attacked by the Insurrection Raiders was kinda lame.

I don't think I've ever seen Miz just brainfart mid promo like he did tonight, but props to him for handling it like a pro. 

Main event was solid, Solo is so good for his time in the biz it's crazy. It's going to be interesting how KO is booked at the Rumble. Clearly he's not winning but he's been built up so many times I wonder if he's in danger of being in Lex Luger territory as the guy who always challenges for the title but loses.