AEW TV - 10/4 - 10/7 - Spooky Seazon Begins

Timbo Slice

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

When has he ever done this?

Regal is the only exception I can recall Tony ever making. Not counting the 1-2 people he fired or let go for outside issues (Jimmy Havoc, etc.) who never popped up in the E after.

So wait, people actually thought FTR was leaving based on the way they lost the titles? It seemed clear Cash was hurt after the Aussie Open match and they were just doing the deal when the Bulldogs dropped the titles and he was playing the role of Dynamite Kid. 

I like Tony going into desperation mode but I'd hope Twitter wasn't his only tool for promoting.

The advances for every single show besides Full Gear are all below 3,000 (there's a Dynamite in Montreal that barely passes it too), I know that when a company is cold there's not gonna be an overnight change unless something huge happens, but more local promoting would probably benefit them.

7 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

And in Montreal's case, it's not like they don't have some talents to promote it with Evil Uno and 2point0.

PCO is done with IMPACT after this month. If anything, they should get him for the Montreal date (I mean, PCO vs Darby or Mox) and have him promote the hell out of it locally.

On 10/7/2023 at 9:47 PM, C.S. said:

But because it's a good 'rassler who's good at the rasslin', he must be innocent.

I would argue that Cash is holding Dax back. I certainly think he's the lesser talented of the two, even before the outside the ring personal shit. His constant injuries held back FTR as well. I could see Dax having a strong midcard run like Arn Anderson did in WCW when he was finishing with the DDT.

On 10/11/2023 at 5:40 PM, KawadaSmile said:

Dynamite got trounced in the ratings, but there was one segment which did better in Da Demo than NXT. Chris Jericho still got it!

Maybe he should be champion after all.

Trounced is a little much. Dynamite always loses a significant viewership when moved to a different night, much like SD loses 50% of its audience when it gets bumped to FSN. NXT didn't do much better than their normal or recent numbers even with Cena/Taker/Cody/Asuka/LA Knight popping in. The number Dynamite did on a different night is around the same NXT has done for the past 2 years. It should have been a much more significant blow out.

Tony could probably stand to chill out about considering he made WWE/USA move NXT to a different night to begin with.