Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV - 2/5-2/9 - #WeWantCody #FinishTheStory #RockySucks #VinceBelongsInPrison

C.S.

• C.S. changed the title to WWE TV - 2/5-2/9 - #WeWantCody #FinishTheStory #RockySucks #VinceBelongsInPrison
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new reports that they're trying to do a shitty booking in 2014 for Bryan thing to get Cody more over is lmao. Dude has far and away been the most over face since his return, and in about a decade. Shitty booking to get him more over when Cody and WWE is so hot right now is pure foot shooting nonsense.

23 minutes ago, strobogo said:

The new reports that they're trying to do a shitty booking in 2014 for Bryan thing to get Cody more over is lmao. Dude has far and away been the most over face since his return, and in about a decade. Shitty booking to get him more over when Cody and WWE is so hot right now is pure foot shooting nonsense.

I love how the only two options that make sense are either 1. WWE had no idea the fans would shit on them making the #1 babyface in the company look like a bitch or 2. they let the Rock just completely steamroll their yearlong booking plans in a manner that would even make the Hulkster go "that's pretty harsh, brother". Neither is a particularly good look for the company.

I'm also pretty :what at the idea that Rock would need a WM main event and ownership of The Rock to join the TKO board like he hasn't been a dude doing everything possible to climb the corporate ladder for a decade and also spent much of the past 15 years trying to avoid The Rock moniker. 

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Sarah Logan and Maxxine Dupri are legit two of the worst wrestlers I have seen. Holy shit.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I feel that's unfair to Sarah Logan....at this point I don't know if someone like Bryan Danielson could manage to have a watchable match with Maxxine, wtf is Sarah supposed to do?

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Brother @KawadaSmile mentioned he blew through a lot of his goodwill in Hollywood by trying to force Warner Brothers to make Black Adam a centerpiece of the DCEU.

I'm not sure how true that is.

Was it great for Rock? No.

But pretty much everyone acknowledges that the DCEU has been a disastrous shitshow for years and Warner Bros. is one now with the Discovery merger and David Zaslav at the helm.

Trying to push a studio to bend to your will like that will at least get you marked as a pain in the ass to deal with. I'm not saying he's been blacklisted from movies or anything but he's not their #1 darling anymore either.

The movie he is doing with Ben Safdie about the UFC fighter sounds promising enough a project that can show him tackling something that can show his dramatic chops, which I believe hes always had going back to his first real run as a face after the run with the Nation. When he could be vulnerable but still intimidating in interviews. 

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I feel that's unfair to Sarah Logan....at this point I don't know if someone like Bryan Danielson could manage to have a watchable match with Maxxine, wtf is Sarah supposed to do?

Oh, don't get me wrong - the fault lies on who booked that. Maxxine Dupri has the excuse of being a newbie, at least. Sarah Logan has been doing this for over a decade now.

I'm all for live crowds booing Rock, forcing him to react on the spot and not do the same old rutine and catchphrases. Him having to be real and improvise is what makes him a special performer. I'll be shocked if he doesn't pivot to a more "Hollywood Rock" type of persona when the boos start on Thursday's press conference.

It's quite ironic. When Cody promised to never again challenge for the world title in AEW, he evidently was counting on an outpouring of fan support that would allow him to renege on the stipulation. That obviously never materialized, which seemed to mark the beginning of his estrangement from AEW as a whole. In WWE, he's become the beneficiary of a groundswell of organic fan support that nobody saw coming. It's also uncanny how a grassroots fan revolt forces WWE to alter its Mania plans at every tenth iteration. Lex Luger was leapfrogged by Bret Hart at 10, as was Batista by Daniel Bryan at 30. Chris Benoit didn't really leapfrog anybody at 20, but like Bret and Bryan, he was a longtime hardcore fan favorite who hardly fit the mold of a typical WWE main eventer. And he was placed in the main event largely for the visual of him and Eddie Guerrero embracing at the end, which became possible after Eddie had gotten so organically over the company had no choice but to make him Smackdown champion. History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

I'm all for live crowds booing Rock, forcing him to react on the spot and not do the same old rutine and catchphrases. Him having to be real and improvise is what makes him a special performer. I'll be shocked if he doesn't pivot to a more "Hollywood Rock" type of persona when the boos start on Thursday's press conference.

THIS!!

The Rock has to own this. Cody shouldn’t have to do any explaining. It should be ALL ROCK!

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Lex Luger was leapfrogged by Bret Hart at 10, as was Batista by Daniel Bryan at 30. Chris Benoit didn't really leapfrog anybody at 20, but like Bret and Bryan, he was a longtime hardcore fan favorite who hardly fit the mold of a typical WWE main eventer. And he was placed in the main event largely for the visual of him and Eddie Guerrero embracing at the end, which became possible after Eddie had gotten so organically over the company had no choice but to make him Smackdown champion.

Yeah, seems like every ten year is the "Here's your organic champ getting on top, happy now ?", before they get back the chosen one  Diesel, Batista, Roma uuh Seth Rollins actually (talk about another case of backpedalling damage control).

But anywoo, Cody Rhodes doesn't exactly fit the mold either, because the company has been 100% behind making him the top babyface since the day he return, it did not just happened organically from nowhere. Which never was the case for Bret (totally incidental in a period where he got the belt back every time the plans just did not work), Benoit (transitional champ for Orton) or Danielson (how about feuding with Kane and running from him as he's assaulting your girlfriend ? Yeah, don't worry, we totally behind you).

3 hours ago, El-P said:

Yeah, seems like every ten year is the "Here's your organic champ getting on top, happy now ?", before they get back the chosen one  Diesel, Batista, Roma uuh Seth Rollins actually (talk about another case of backpedalling damage control).

Ehhhhhh Rollins is a weird case and in hindsight having him cash-in at WM and not give Roman the win was 100% the wrong decision. Certainly Roman winning then would have spared us from that other Mania match he had against Brock, which feels similar to Cody possibly losing twice at WM.