Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/08 - 04/14 A new story starts now

KawadaSmile

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

With Tonga very clearly joining Bloodline Wolfpac, does that mean Jacob Fatu dons the black & white to balance things a bit?

Pretty much what I was thinking when I red the results. This is Walking Dead level of overstaying its welcome. As long as the audience gobbles it up, it's fine I guess, but really now. 

Based on teases it seems like they are going to bring back the Wyattverse with Bo Dallas as Uncle Howdy. I suppose they could bring back Braun along with Rowan, and I'd assume Alexa would want to be a part of this too (plus news came out she's hitting the gym to get ready to return).

I'm not sure how to feel about it to be honest. Clearly there's a brother's desire to keep his idol's legacy going, and there's no longer  endless meddling in creative.....but it's going to be tough to not come off as a TV show trying to keep going after the most popular character left.  It seems Hunter was a big fan of Bray as a person and a creative mind so he's probably going to all he can to make it work, and I really hope it does.

16 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Erick Rowan pulled out of an indy booking due to what the promotion described as "new contractual obligations." Looks like he's going back to the E.

Good. I'm happy for him. He's not awful & he has a great look & size. If WWE are going to do the Uncle Howdy stuff with Bo, getting Rowan back is smart. I like Sek's suggestions of Braun & Alexa too. They might not be able to do The Wyatt 6 anymore but it's more intriguing to me without The Fiend. I mean, maybe the idea was to do like the movie Split with The Fiend being The Beast?

It would be interesting if WWE were to bring in someone like Raven for creative for it. He had some pretty off-the-wall albeit similar storyline ideas in the past. I remember him talking about that Seven storyline that was on Sunday Night Heat forever.

Getting the band back together would be alright, but I hope they do something different. Like, the Uncle Kracker gimmick itself sucks ass, and now it would remind us of a well-liked wrestler who passed away too soon. It is a very professional wrestling thing to do, though.

Bo is more than capable of doing other things - his NXT title run proves that.

Death is a strange thing. So people are gonna pretend that the Bray Wyatt "creative genius" wasn't actually dogshit now that Windham Rotunda sadly passed away ?

Because it was actually dogshit. His "genius" ideas would not pass the test for B-level straight to video (back then, before streaming, ya know) horror exploitation movies. The Fiend was a legit worker killer. And even before that, although the production of the Wyatt family was always awesome, once the bell rang, Bray Wyatt was mid as it comes. And then you had the infamous Mania match with Orton and worms on the rampway or something, the terrible Broken Matt erzatz videos, and of course Alexa Bliss doing creepy lolicon inspired gimmick, which peaked with her vomiting some black (thankfully) gooey substance. All of this is WrestleCrap material, as they said back in the 00's.

And yeah :

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Like, the Uncle Kracker gimmick itself sucks ass, and now it would remind us of a well-liked wrestler who passed away too soon. It is a very professional wrestling thing to do, though.

Think about that one, Bray Wyatt vs LA Knight won WON (see what I did ?) Worst Match of the Year Award, THE SAME YEAR THE GUY DIED. And it wasn't even close to the worst shit he did (although everything about the Uncle angle was amazingly cringe and stupid). 

I know the new cliché to praise wrestling stuff is THIS IS CINEMA, except that makes me wonder what movies pro-wrestling fans are actually watching. (not to mention I always find that very ironic that the highest praise you'd give to a pro-wrestling angle or match would be to qualify it as something other than pro-wrestling, oh, the level of insecurity).

And yeah, although I understand the feeling of the brother, this very much comes off as kinda exploitative, when you think that Bray Wyatt was, indeed, a huge merch seller. Which, call me cynical, may play into why WWE would even consider booking something like this.

3 hours ago, El-P said:

Think about that one, Bray Wyatt vs LA Knight won WON (see what I did ?) Worst Match of the Year Award, THE SAME YEAR THE GUY DIED. And it wasn't even close to the worst shit he did (although everything about the Uncle angle was amazingly cringe and stupid). 

That one infuriates me. I didn't even like Bray Wyatt as an in-ring performer but that match was just... fine? It had club lights and a nice build to it (LA Knight carried it so damn hard). To even nominate that was such bullshit.

@El-P is absolutely correct here. I will admit to liking the Wyatt Family when it was portrayed as a Southern swamp cult, but as soon as the supernatural shit got plugged in, it was all down hill. The Fiend was terrible, the burnt Fiend even more so.

Uncle Howdy was stupid when it was happening, and I don't see how bringing it back after the fact is going to make it any better.

Having seen that documentary they just did about Wyatt (which was a heartbreaker, by the way) I can totally understand why they might try and form a new stable with Uncle Howdy, Alexa Bliss, Rowan and even Stroman.

It was obvious from that documentary that they had big plans to advance this whole thing into a major angle that was only scrapped due to the death of Bray Wyatt. And Bo Dallas was clearly already planned to be a big part of it. I don’t view this as them trying to make something out of nothing, just to exploit Wyatt. I look at it more as them trying to salvage what was ruined with his untimely death.

I would hope that (as odd as it sounds) they intend to make this group babyfaces because I can’t see the fans not cheering it, out of sentimentality if not anything else. That documentary also reminded me how crazy over Wyatt was at the time of his death.

I am also not sure it’s a good idea either, but I’m willing to see where it goes before automatically deciding that I don’t like it.

6 hours ago, Alucard said:

new free agent Matt Hardy is another linked to Bray guy that could now potentially be involved. He tweeted the QR code thing last night and today posted some old videos of him and Bray. 

:lol:

People around here are already frolicking in expectation, I can feel it.

Matt Hardy showing back up in WWE, after spending the past couple of years verbally fellating the Young Bucks every chance he got, would be hysterical. It’s pretty obvious that Tony Khan sees little to no value in him, so they lowballed him on his contract offer. So now he has to go groveling back to WWE trying to get a job. Sad.

On 4/18/2024 at 7:23 PM, KawadaSmile said:

He's become the Doc Hendrix to the new generation of Hardy Boyz. Hell no.

Michael Hayes was 40 when has was managing the Hardys (he was 35 when he first appeared on WWF TV as Dok Hendrix), Matt is turning 50 this year.

"That Indian Guy" being released sucks, especially after he held his own (and IMO surpassed) The Rock a few months ago on the mic.

Hopefully there are no other releases besides those three.

Interesting that basically 4 of the released people are "localisation" workers. Jinder Mahal received one of the most ridiculously forced push in the company ever only because they wanted to conquer the India market (with a Canadian, mind you), Veer & Sanga were part of the Indian crew too. Xia Li was really pushed as a way to get into the Chinese market (what did she ever do ?). They also got rid of Mansoor a few years back. I wonder if they have just reached the point of giving up with this kind of approach, which really did not had any effect at all apparently. And really, unless you're pushed as a star, having an undercard guy from a specific country is not gonna change anything in the grand scheme of things. Well, Jinder was pushed as a star. He also fucking sucked. Also, remember the exchange with Coach TK a few months back ? Not that he had any chance landing a spot over there anyway based on talent, but yeah, karma is a bitch, uh. I could see him headlining against EC3 though in a "syringe on a pole" match.

EDIT : I did not even realize the fifth guy was Australian. And that he's Harley Cameron's husband. And that they are married, so they basically have the SAME NAME (Daniel & Danielle, which in French is pronounced exactly the same). Crazy, that.