Pro Wrestling Only

The interesting Dave Meltzer posts thread

Bix

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only somewhat on-topic, and this is admittedly a huge nitpick, but is anybody else bothered that Dave always refers to the practice of tweeting as "twittering"? Its usage has picked up with so much of the "trip from hell" business from this past week, and it always annoys me. Maybe that's just me.

Dave had a bad trip? Was that to the Strikeforce event?

I know other people that take a while to get use to twitter/tweet/twittering etc. I think some of it might come from using it, or not using it. I haven't used twitter, so it took be afew times of reading people say "tweet" to get it.

John

Dave had a bad trip? Was that to the Strikeforce event?

I know other people that take a while to get use to twitter/tweet/twittering etc. I think some of it might come from using it, or not using it. I haven't used twitter, so it took be afew times of reading people say "tweet" to get it.

He meant the WWE travel issues.

RE: CBS and Strikeforce:

dave

21 Apr 2010 00:57 GMT

I'm glad you read my post and listened to what I said.

I'll do it in capital letters.

A FRIEND OF MINE WHO I HAD BREAKFAST WITH THE NEXT MORNING WAS IN THE ROOM WITH THE PRODUCTION CREW MOST OF THE NIGHT. NOBODY WAS UPSET AT ANY TIME WITH THE SHOW GOING OVER. IT WAS A NON-ISSUE. AT THE PREVIOUS SHOW WITH FEDOR, IT WAS A BIG DEAL. EVERYONE WAS TOLD AHEAD OF TIME IT WAS A LIVE SPORTING EVENT. THERE WAS NO PRESSURE TO END ON TIME. THEY REPLAYED MILLER'S FIGHT EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE RUNNING LONG. THEY DID POST-FIGHT INTERVIEWS INSTEAD OF RUSHING OFF THE AIR. THEY SHOWED THE BRAWL THE SECOND TIME.

IF THEY WERE UPSET, THEY COULD HAVE EDITED THINGS OUT AND SHORTENED THE SHOW ON THE WEST COAST FEED SO AT LEAST THE WEST COAST STATIONS COULD GET THEIR NEWSCAST STARTED EARLY. THEY DID NO SUCH THING.

I think what Dave is saying, sek, was that neither was that big of a deal to the CBS executives and if Strikeforce gets cancelled on CBS, then it will be due to the poor rating for the show more than anything else.

Back in the beginning part of the decade (02-05 mainly) I would e-mail Dave regularly and ask him questions and he pretty much always responded and seemed like a real nice guy. He also used a lof the little news tidbits I sent him in his daily reports. I didn't (and still don't) agree with a lot of things he said and he annoyed me but yeah he always seemed to generally love talking wrestling and answering questions for anyone

don't know about now.

I don't like this new confrontational side of Dave Meltzer. He used to always give off the impression of a super nice guy who was far more patient than he needed to be. The Bryan Alvarez influence isn't a good color on him.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's really Bryan under Dave's name. At least some of the times.

I recently purchased a WO membership and it's not bad so far. Really like Observer radio and the back issues. The Board is bad as it seems like it's full of Hollywood Cibernetico's.

Back in the beginning part of the decade (02-05 mainly) I would e-mail Dave regularly and ask him questions and he pretty much always responded and seemed like a real nice guy. He also used a lof the little news tidbits I sent him in his daily reports. I didn't (and still don't) agree with a lot of things he said and he annoyed me but yeah he always seemed to generally love talking wrestling and answering questions for anyone

don't know about now.

I'm sure he'd be that way now too. We've never really seen him interact with complete morons on the level of the posters at F4W, the 4chan of wrestling boards, so of course we haven't seen this side of him before. He could deal with these things better, but when he reports that he was talking with production people at CBS after the StrikeForce show and they were NOT concerned about the show going too long, and the reaction is "I don't know Dave. No, I think they were concerned. Yeah, they probably were. It seems like they would be," I can see why he would become exasperated. He just said they weren't concerned! He, Dave Meltzer! But I agree that he is part of the problem, especially since Bryan created a special moderated section of the board so Dave could avoid the dummies and he rarely if ever goes in there.

TNA hilarity from Dave:

TNA just did focus group studies getting people to watch a series of Impact shows.

They could not follow the storylines. The vast majority could not answer a question as to whether a show was live or on tape, even with Mike Tenay and Taz every five minutes mentioning they are live.

And you are telling me that those people understand the stipulations of every match.

How could you possibly understand the stipulations of every match when I ask people in TNA before PPVs what the stipulations are and they say the reason they aren't explained on TV is because they haven't figured them out yet.

:lol:

To be fair, that board is enough to drive anyone mad.

Agreed, which is why they should either truly moderate the board, or Dave should just stay away from it.

Aren't Chikara Fan Dan and Allan4l moderators. I don't think that pair showing stronger control will help.