Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

What's actually ridiculous is a bunch of people having *zero* knowledge of what actually happened claiming "Oh, it surely didn't happen that way" because evilMeltz™ reported a favourite of them got verbally bitchslapped by a woman (Karen Jarrett of all people) after he acted like a rude mofo with an attitude. I guess it's still real to you, damnit.

But you know, it's not that hard to picture a green ass rookie in the business (which is what Braun is, essentially) shitting himself after realizing he just cussed out Kurt Angle's ex-wife, when Kurt Angle's back in the company and seen as a legend by everyone, including management. I guess you never witnessed a petite woman (yeah, Karen ain't petite, but whatever) put some big fucker in their right place before. I tend to mark out for these kind of stories, admitedly.

Well I feel I expressed clearly I don't think Dave made it up. I think he reported what he was told. He certainly had no maliciousness in reporting it.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where the Braun/Karen Jarrett story falls apart for me is that with the way wrestling fans follow and stalk wrestlers at airports, and bars and restaurants after shows, that there wouldn't have been a single eyewitness account from a fan who would have followed the wrestlers to the bar. Maybe not cell phone footage but at least a "I cant believe what i just saw after Raw" tweet.

It's possible it may have been a private party or a private room inside the bar, but I find it hard to believe that anyone that may have been a fan inside the bar that night wouldn't have reported at least a "strange altercation" between Braun Strowman and a random woman.

I doubt there were any fans around, I'd be certain a group of wrestlers would be in a private room situation away from the regular folk. I have no doubts the particulars were probably exaggerated to one degree or another, but no fan accounts wouldn't be particularly surprising.

Am I missing why it would be such a huge deal that Braun was rude to Karen Jarrett? Kurt Angle, only recently back in the company's good graces after a decade away and myriad public problems, and Braun was possibly rude to a woman he hasn't been married to in a decade....and Braun supposedly panics as if he's insulted Tommy DeVito's mother?

Because Braun being rude (apparently, extremely so) to a woman asking an autograph for her son is a big deal to begin with in term of image. And it makes Braun seem like a complete jerk too (seriously, who does he think he is ?).

Braun basically being rude to the son of Kurt Angle (who cares about how long him and Karen are divorced ?), well… if you are drunken Braun, yeah, you should freak the fuck out a bit (hell, if only if you consider Angle being kind of a crazy mofo with myriads of public problems… but really because he's Angle, he's back, he's an HOF and a legend respected by everyone etc…)

People just don't want to picture Braun begging Karen like a bitch after he acted like an asshole to a mother asking for an autograph. People are funny like that. Still real to them etc… (bis repetita)

It is definitely a human reaction if you feel that your job security isn't always secure. if Braun thinks that it is going to get heat with Kurt which is going to heat in the locker room then I can see it.

That is probably an unrealistic worry but given the ultra-paranoid nature of the business I don't know. Guys and girls in the WWE have been fucked over things 10 times as tame as this

If Kurt's son is such a huge Braun fan then why didn't Kurt already get his son an autograph considering how often they have been backstage around each other since Kurt came back?

Probably because Kurt has minimal contact considering Jarrett has adopted and raised him? Kody was 2 when they got divorced

The fact people are trying to find actual reasons to justify that it just COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED DAMNIT, NOT TO BRAUN, NOT WITH KAREN FUCKING JARRETT !!! is making this funnier and funnier each day.

What's so hard to understand ? Like Matt said, tons of much crazier shit happens regularly in pro-wrestling. What Alberto and Paige are doing these days ?

The fact people are trying to find actual reasons to justify that it just COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED DAMNIT, NOT TO BRAUN, NOT WITH KAREN FUCKING JARRETT !!! is making this funnier and funnier each day.

What's so hard to understand ? Like Matt said, tons of much crazier shit happens regularly in pro-wrestling. What Alberto and Paige are doing these days ?

I guess Meltzer has a 100% success rate on his stories now because you'd have to just be crazy to think maybe something didn't happen exactly the way he reported it.

Yeah pretty much my point.

The thing that makes it funny to me is the crowd of people in complete denial that something even close to that could have even happened, for some reason. Most probably because Braun = WWEhipstersdarling and Karen Jarrett = women (+ TNA & Jeff's wife at that). And the fact it was evilMeltz, who's always wrong about everything ever and HATES the WWE with a passion.

Yeah pretty much my point.

The thing that makes it funny to me is the crowd of people in complete denial that something even close to that could have even happened, for some reason. Most probably because Braun = WWEhipstersdarling and Karen Jarrett = women (+ TNA & Jeff's wife at that). And the fact it was evilMeltz, who's always wrong about everything ever and HATES the WWE with a passion.

Or you could just be a fucking jackass who is reading way too much into people questioning the story and thinking it sounds like bullshit because it doesn't sound anything like a normal human reaction

Hey, insults. It's been a while…

I have no idea how it's not a normal human reaction either. Like I said, you've probably never witnessed some big mofo being put in their place by a woman. I did. Funny stuff. Anyway, it's neither here nor there. WWE is not a normal workplace either. People are all fucked up over there. It's still pro-wrestling after all.

It is definitely a human reaction if you feel that your job security isn't always secure. if Braun thinks that it is going to get heat with Kurt which is going to heat in the locker room then I can see it.

That is probably an unrealistic worry but given the ultra-paranoid nature of the business I don't know. Guys and girls in the WWE have been fucked over things 10 times as tame as this

He supposedly got torn a new one by Vince McMahon backstage for saying "title shot" instead of "title match," so who knows.

It's not like anyone has come out to say "I was there, that didn't happen".

The only variation is PWI reporting that both Jarrett and Strowman were pretty hammered.

This seems to be a theme. We saw it from the TNA diehards when Dave was reporting all their business woes and their reaction was basically yelling FAKE NEWS before that became a meme, and then when other people started reporting the same thing there was silence.

On the other hand, you have people like Bruce Pritchard and Vinny Ru who are coming off like jilted teenagers with their constant Dave bashing. That leads to all the capes coming out from Dave supporters fighting against the people who parrot those two on Twitter and it all gets fucking old fast.

I think the story is pretty clearly exaggerated to the point where it's laughable, but I also don't care enough about it to keep having this boring conversation.

I would rather have a million more discussions on this story than have one more person arguing on Twitter over quarter stars.