Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

Cass is Test minus the good looks. He'll get pushed. He'll suck (well he does already). Where the fuck is Lance Hoyt when you need him ?

Hey, Test wasn't half bad.

You're right. He was all bad!

StatlerandWaldorf.Jpeg

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm starting to buy into the .narrative that Dave might have lost any valuable wwe sources. He was wrong on the SS main event and has missed more than hit for the last while. ( he missed on the Angle reveal thinking it was Stephanie) Can we make a correlation between Dave not getting stories and .Jericho taking another hiatus in the last 4 months?

I'm starting to buy into the .narrative that Dave might have lost any valuable wwe sources. He was wrong on the SS main event and has missed more than hit for the last while. ( he missed on the Angle reveal thinking it was Stephanie) Can we make a correlation between Dave not getting stories and .Jericho taking another hiatus in the last 4 months?

Yes. Nobody is going to miss Vince when he's gone more than Dave Meltzer because when Dave is wrong about something he'll no longer be able to just hand wave it away as "Vince changed his mind"

The only thing I can see making sense there is that they are parodying themselves in terms of hyperconcern over their image the past few years. But if a lesser albeit more contemporary star faces no repercussions for a sex tape that was a lot more recent, then I don't think he has to worry.

Whoa Mr.69, calm down. I'm not mad or bent out of shape. I just think that anyone who watched that show and came out thinking those were the top two matches has horrible horrible taste in wrestling and I needed to point that out. That's all

Yeah I wasn't directing that at you, my bad. Your post just reminded me of people who seem distraught at the next generation of wrestling fan not liking what they do and vice versa.

I had that experience as I live-tweeted Battleground the other weekend. I couldn't believe that some of these kids were loving the show and praising matches I thought were crap.

Still, it's nice to see the enthusiasm.

Considering Dave's dad went from being a relatively healthy old man to on death's door in a few weeks time, I think it's possible that both WWE changed some ideas and maybe Dave wasn't on his A game.

I'm not sure why it's apparently becoming hard to believe that Vince changes direction, since that's been his MO on practically everything not Roman Reigns for the last 10-15 years.

The only thing I can see making sense there is that they are parodying themselves in terms of hyperconcern over their image the past few years. But if a lesser albeit more contemporary star faces no repercussions for a sex tape that was a lot more recent, then I don't think he has to worry.

I said a few weeks ago, what could be worse for Kurt than things he did publicly.

I'm not even sure having an affair with Dixie Carter or Stephanie would be enough. I was joking it turns out he is having an affair with Hunter and Steph.

I understand Vince changing plans and Dave's dad but Dave kept thinking the Angle reveal was going to be an affair with Stephanie while @chillhartman from prowrestling sheet called the illegitimate son angle basically from the get go. And Dave kept insisting Lesnar v Roman was the main event at SS even when tv was leaning towards the 4 way. Dave is still at the top of the heap but maybe others just have better wwe sources than he does now.

The thing about Angle-Steph is that he'd be a lot more discreet than talking about it at a WWE show with cameras in front of him, you would think. I stand by my prediction:

• HHH attacks Jason Jordan and he doesn't have to explain why because he's The Game. *Maybe* he does some convoluted promo about how Angle wasn't hired as GM to use Raw as a platform to fix his personal problems, this is a business, etc.
  • Angle wants revenge and sets up a match at Summerslam.
  • Jason Jordan turns on his dad because reasons, which is being foreshadowed with his hints of aggression in matches. *Maybe* he cuts a promo that his dad was never there for him, he's a self-made man, etc.
  • Father vs Son months from now at Wrestlemania without the heat one would expect because they will veer off course.

The thing about Angle-Steph is that he'd be a lot more discreet than talking about it at a WWE show with cameras in front of him, you would think. I stand by my prediction:

• HHH attacks Jason Jordan and he doesn't have to explain why because he's The Game. *Maybe* he does some convoluted promo about how Angle wasn't hired as GM to use Raw as a platform to fix his personal problems, this is a business, etc.
  • Angle wants revenge and sets up a match at Summerslam.
  • Jason Jordan turns on his dad because reasons, which is being foreshadowed with his hints of aggression in matches. *Maybe* he cuts a promo that his dad was never there for him, he's a self-made man, etc.
  • Father vs Son months from now at Wrestlemania without the heat one would expect because they will veer off course.

I was hoping for HHH/Angle, but it seems too late now for them to try to rush HHH back for SummerSlam. Starting to wonder if they're going to put Kurt back in the ring after all. Maybe for Mania.

Having a minor dust up with Meltzer on Twitter in regards to the Braun story. Now I don't think Dave just made it up. But he seems to not get how ridiculous it sounds on paper. His go to is people only see Braun as his character. Admittedly there is a visual component to this disbelief. But the idea any grown man would get on his knees and publicly beg for forgiveness sounds cartoonishly made up. I personally think the two guys who told him are making this up. Or greatly exaggerating elements.

​​​​​​​And then his sycophants ride in.

Having a minor dust up with Meltzer on Twitter in regards to the Braun story. Now I don't think Dave just made it up. But he seems to not get how ridiculous it sounds on paper. His go to is people only see Braun as his character. Admittedly there is a visual component to this disbelief. But the idea any grown man would get on his knees and publicly beg for forgiveness sounds cartoonishly made up. I personally think the two guys who told him are making this up. Or greatly exaggerating elements.

​​​​​​​And then his sycophants ride in.

Either Braun was begging sarcastically or Jeff (assuming he might be a source because he wasn't mentioned in the story) or whoever told the story has really overblown it.

It doesn't have to be a scene from a movie.

If Braun is drinking it stands to reason his apology would be over the top. I don't believe he sincerely begged Karen on his knees, but I have no trouble imagining him trying to make a big show of it.

Of all the stories to be hung up on.

What's actually ridiculous is a bunch of people having *zero* knowledge of what actually happened claiming "Oh, it surely didn't happen that way" because evilMeltz™ reported a favourite of them got verbally bitchslapped by a woman (Karen Jarrett of all people) after he acted like a rude mofo with an attitude. I guess it's still real to you, damnit.

But you know, it's not that hard to picture a green ass rookie in the business (which is what Braun is, essentially) shitting himself after realizing he just cussed out Kurt Angle's ex-wife, when Kurt Angle's back in the company and seen as a legend by everyone, including management. I guess you never witnessed a petite woman (yeah, Karen ain't petite, but whatever) put some big fucker in their right place before. I tend to mark out for these kind of stories, admitedly.

What's actually ridiculous is a bunch of people having *zero* knowledge of what actually happened claiming "Oh, it surely didn't happen that way" because evilMeltz™ reported a favourite of them got verbally bitchslapped by a woman (Karen Jarrett of all people) after he acted like a rude mofo with an attitude. I guess it's still real to you, damnit.

But you know, it's not that hard to picture a green ass rookie in the business (which is what Braun is, essentially) shitting himself after realizing he just cussed out Kurt Angle's ex-wife, when Kurt Angle's back in the company and seen as a legend by everyone, including management. I guess you never witnessed a petite woman (yeah, Karen ain't petite, but whatever) put some big fucker in their right place before. I tend to mark out for these kind of stories, admitedly.

Everyone else is a stereotype but you man

You just gave me an idea for that paper I have to write, which actually deals with stereotypes and stuff. Couldn't find the right way to begin, been searching for hours. "Everyone is a stereotype" will do quite well. Thanks for the help (even if it wasn't intended).