Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

My memory if differ from Dave's, though not a 180. My recollection is that both of us didn't think she deserved to be in. I mean... folks who have the WON's in the 80s can read what he had to say about Moolah back then, and none of it was positive or would give much indication that he thought she was an all-time great.

John

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My memory if differ from Dave's, though not a 180. My recollection is that both of us didn't think she deserved to be in. I mean... folks who have the WON's in the 80s can read what he had to say about Moolah back then, and none of it was positive or would give much indication that he thought she was an all-time great.

I don't think that contradicts what Dave says. By the sounds of things Dave just needed someone to have him stop and think for a second that she didn't deserve to go in by fiat in the first year. He didn't need convincing, just needed someone to jog his brain cells a bit. :)

It's repeatedly proven to be useless to challenge Dave on his retarded "MMA=rasslin" belief. He's practically a conspiracy theorist by this point. No matter what kind of logic or facts you bring to show his error, he'll only redouble his belief in the face of contradicting evidence.

Guest Slickster

From today's update:

--Jon Horton, the former Global Wrestling TV announcer in the early 90s, is doing a one-man improv show on Saturday night at the Phoenix Theater in Edmonds, WA, just north of Seattle. The Dark Patriot has been banned from the building (thanks to Steven Prazak)

On Pardon the Interruption on Monday, they wished happy trails to Randy Couture. Michael Wilbon noted that Couture was a UFC Hall of Famer. Tony Kornheiser said, "UFC has been around five minutes, how can they have a Hall of Fame?"

That cracked me up.

And this is just hilarious.

--Who is the biggest star in combat sports entertainment

The Rock 34.6%

Manny Pacquiao 24.0%

Brock Lesnar 15.7%

Floyd Mayweather Jr. 8.2%

Georges St. Pierre 6.2%

Hulk Hogan 5.2%

John Cena 3.4%

Anderson Silva 1.9%

Randy Orton 0.7%

Combat sports entertainment? Really? I love that either Dave or Alverez actually came up with their own term for the insane "it's all the same" deal. :lol:

Does it really matter who formatted the table? Plenty of good writers don't know how to properly format a table. At least Dave is finally making attempts to improve the look of the Observer. That should be commended, even if it's something as small as adding a table.

It's worldwide. But I mean, the biggest UFC ever did 1.6 million worldwide buys, so if we go generously large and say there were 10 people watching at every one of those buys that is only 16 million people knowing who GSP is. Double that as some kind of generous "awareness measure" and you have 32 million people...the population of Canada. And every single Canadian knows who Gretzky is. I'm sure many (most?) Americans can name Gretzky at least as "the hockey guy". Add in people from other countries at least being aware of the name or even countries in Europe that know and play hockey knowing him.

I mean, this really doesn't seem to be a real argument you can make.