Pro Wrestling Only

HHH taking over from Vince on RAW

Hollinger.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite the tin foil hat guy to think that Triple H still, afte all these years, wants to bury Punk. Instead, I tend to think he knows of no other way to play it... and Creative knows of no other way to write for Trip (setting aside the impact of Creative wanting to kiss Trip's ass by making him look good).

I think the problem is Creative's primary goal is to get Hunter over in his new authority role and getting Punk over is their secondary one. Hunter still wants to be the big dog in town, which is problematic when they need to create new stars.

It's amazing how quickly interest in this angle is fizzled. A couple of months back, it seemed like everyone was talking about CM Punk. Not just wrestling people, real people. Sportsnet's (Canadian sports network) website was covering the angle around the time on MITB, people in my social circle were talking about, it was a buzz that I hadn't heard near wrestling since Rock/Austin. Now, 2 months later it's completely fizzled out and people are back to not caring.

Wade Keller without saying saying it has repeatedly said it is Nash's blood pressure.

An explanation that jives with interviews Kevin did last year about discovering red wine and how much his blood pressure was. He was also known last year to go on twitter and make angry drunk tweets which he would apologise for in the morning.

If it were Staph, does anyone else think they would have said something? Davey Richards missed a PWG show and in the days before it was tweeting about being in the hospital with Staph. It's not a taboo thing.

I'm kind of wondering why Dave went read-between-the-lines on it. It wasn't clear whether he knew, didn't know, didn't want to say, wanted us to guess, or... just a strange thing.

John

I'm kind of wondering why Dave went read-between-the-lines on it. It wasn't clear whether he knew, didn't know, didn't want to say, wanted us to guess, or... just a strange thing.

The HIPAA Privacy Rule? A thing that only ever popped into the wrestling world with Nigel McGuinness didnt it?

Jerry McDevitt cited it when omitting names from the drug testing information WWE sent to Congress a few years back, but yeah pretty much.

As someone who works in healthcare and has had to nearly memorize HIPAA over the years, I can say that a company can't reveal employee's medical conditions.

The question that popped into my head was can McDevitt hide behind that when WWF's guys aren't "employees" but independent contractors?

Jerry McDevitt cited it when omitting names from the drug testing information WWE sent to Congress a few years back, but yeah pretty much.

As someone who works in healthcare and has had to nearly memorize HIPAA over the years, I can say that a company can't reveal employee's medical conditions.

The question that popped into my head was can McDevitt hide behind that when WWF's guys aren't "employees" but independent contractors?

I would imagine so since HIPAA isn't there for the company, it's for the individual. For instance, a hospital can't make your condition public and you don't work for the hospital. It's gotten so serious that at one Nursing Home I worked at wouldn't let us post our patient's Birthdays on the bulletin board, in fear of violating HIPAA.

Anyone still optimistic about the Punk/HHH feud?

Only if the following happens at the end of RAW:

- Punk calls out HHH, says that due to all the shenigans, there wasn't a real decisive winner and that HHH didn't actually "kick his ass". HHH comes out, says the hell with an actual match, let's just fight now.

- They come face-to-face, about to fight...

...only to both get destroyed by Mark Henry.

:)

(Kidding! I don't want HHH anywhere near Henry right now or ever.)

Punk beating Cena two months in a row, then losing to Del Rio and Cena, then Punk losing to HHH and Cena beating Del Rio. Yikes. They have no clue of how they want to position people or where they want to go long-term. None. There needs to be room for reactive thinking in booking plans without a doubt, but WWE would improve so much if someone would put together something that says where they want to be in 3, 6 and 12 months and book backwards from each of those points. Vince used to always do that. I do think politics played a part in all of this getting so bad, but I think the bigger issue is incompetence and that the system itself is broken. This is the consequence of not thinking past the next Raw. Had they played their cards right, Punk could just be returning right about now and they'd have something really hot to carry them until Rock comes in to start building the Cena match.

Punk beating Cena two months in a row, then losing to Del Rio and Cena, then Punk losing to HHH and Cena beating Del Rio. Yikes.

Del Rio already lost to Cena ? Yikes indeed. I'm not following closely, but it seems like Del Rio's potential as a top guy is damaged already...

Punk losing to HHH, well... Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Was Nash involved ?

Main event started out as a really good brawl and ended up a total clusterfuck. Miz and Truth came out and attacked both guys, then Johnny Ace came out and sent a text message, then Nash came out and attacked both guys. He jackknifed Punk and tried to do the same to HHH, but HHH hit him with a sledgehammer. Then he Pedigreed Punk for the pin.

I don't think we can complain too much about Hunter beating Punk in their first match together when the stips made it obvious that Hunter was going to win and Hunter is *hopefully* going to put over Punk before the end of the feud, but reading about Trips thwarting the interference of Nash with his trusty sledgehammer and basically defeating two birds with one stone brought a wry smile to my face. :)

Main event started out as a really good brawl and ended up a total clusterfuck. Miz and Truth came out and attacked both guys, then Johnny Ace came out and sent a text message, then Nash came out and attacked both guys. He jackknifed Punk and tried to do the same to HHH, but HHH hit him with a sledgehammer. Then he Pedigreed Punk for the pin.

Yikes indeed.

I guess it's the first time a text message has been directly involved in a screwy pro-wrestling finish. The fact that Johnny Ace probably didn't use an Ipad still proves WWE is behind the times.;)