Pro Wrestling Only

HHH taking over from Vince on RAW

Hollinger.

Like I said it wasn't over the line but it worries me because they have burned thru the safe shoot stuff.

The failed body builder dig made Punk look stupid. So Cena on a whim became more successful at something you have worked for your entire life? How does that make Cena look bad?

I feel the same way watching old territory footage where a guy gets called a washed up football player. It makes everyone look bad.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood what made Triple H the "Cerebral Assassin". The guy never hatched any intricate plots. He threw a lot of tantrums when he got outsmarted and his plans always involved waiting until someone's back was turned and then hitting them with a sledgehammer.

It makes sense to me. I do feel a little dumber after watching his promos.

This post should not be slept on. Nice work. I laughed.

I'll second that.

Like I said it wasn't over the line but it worries me because they have burned thru the safe shoot stuff.

The failed body builder dig made Punk look stupid. So Cena on a whim became more successful at something you have worked for your entire life? How does that make Cena look bad?

I feel the same way watching old territory footage where a guy gets called a washed up football player. It makes everyone look bad.

I'll blame Triple H. :P Bodybuilding is his "thing." He's a veritable Gordon Solie when he's doing commentary on the Mr. Olympia telecasts.

Punk mentioning that Cena's fans pee in their pajamas when he comes out got everyone involved in that segment to crack at least a smile. It also should be noted that Punk has pretty much turned face on his promos despite being matched up against Captain SuperBabyfaceMan. I guess you can argue how much of a percentage of fans watching every week are privvy to insider type stuff, but he's certainly tapped into a long ignored segment of the fanbase that is responding to what he's doing.

Punk mentioning that Cena's fans pee in their pajamas when he comes out got everyone involved in that segment to crack at least a smile. It also should be noted that Punk has pretty much turned face on his promos despite being matched up against Captain SuperBabyfaceMan. I guess you can argue how much of a percentage of fans watching every week are privvy to insider type stuff, but he's certainly tapped into a long ignored segment of the fanbase that is responding to what he's doing.

Is it really long ignored? The Rock has been murdering Cena over the past few months expressing similar sentiments. And even as far back as 2006, Kurt Angle and HHH used anti-Cena sentiment to fuel their face turns.

Triple H really made me laugh tonight during his opening promo. Something to the extent of he's the only man bigger than both world champions and the entire roster and that everyone is in his shadow or something. It was pretty surreal.

I don't recall him saying anything about being bigger than both WWE Champs. He did say that the special ref is a guy who lately has been casting a big shadow, ie: "throwing around his weight". And that would be him in his new role.

Gotta say, I marked out for Punk calling Johnny Ace "Funkman" tonight. I think only a very teeny tiny amount of people on the planet Earth will understand that Punk comparing Ace to Marty Funkhouser from Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I guarantee that teeny tiny amount of people loved him for it.

THIS

I think I heard about 9 people in the crowd pop :lol:

I thought the entire segment was great. It's not how I envisioned the Punk think going when this all started, but it felt like they at least have an idea where it's going now, unlike the last couple of weeks

Triple H really made me laugh tonight during his opening promo. Something to the extent of he's the only man bigger than both world champions and the entire roster and that everyone is in his shadow or something. It was pretty surreal.

I don't recall him saying anything about being bigger than both WWE Champs. He did say that the special ref is a guy who lately has been casting a big shadow, ie: "throwing around his weight". And that would be him in his new role.

Go back and watch it again....he said "this person" was bigger than both of them, but clearly in a tongue in cheek, "omg could it be HBK? OR TAKER??" "No, it's just me" kind of way." Going for the cheap laugh, also building up that he's an asshole who will turn heel sooner than later

At first I thought the finish of Summerslam would be Hunter helping Cena win and Cena turns heel and goes corporate. But they had Punk mention that in the closing seconds so I don't think that is happening. I still think Cena will win. Anyone else mark out for the Yahoo Serious reference?

Hey, who first invented the term "five moves of doom"? I know that SKeith was the one to popularize it the widest, but I shudder to think that a line he created was actually spoken on Raw, especially in freakin' 2011.

I believe Scott started using the term in 1997 so yes that is terrifying

Who says jean shorts are 20 years out of style?

I love post retirement Bret

I enjoyed the contract signing last night but the Punk/Cena/HHH segments are way.....too.....long.

I'm usually someone who ff's through a lot of promos (especially when HHH is involved), but I was glued to that last segment.

I do agree that they're laying it on pretty thick with the hinting of HHH/Cena screwing Punk over to get the title off of him. It's the most interesting way to continue this, to me, though. I hope they don't pull one of those swerve for the sake of a swerve things.

I never understood what made Triple H the "Cerebral Assassin". The guy never hatched any intricate plots. He threw a lot of tantrums when he got outsmarted and his plans always involved waiting until someone's back was turned and then hitting them with a sledgehammer.

It makes sense to me. I do feel a little dumber after watching his promos.

This post should not be slept on. Nice work. I laughed.

I'll second that.

Thanks. And I don't care if it's a body-building term, "skinny fat ass" is still stupid.

I thought it was going to be Taker as guest referee.

That would be horrible. He'd make them look tiny, he can't easily drop down to the mat, and it makes no sense for him to be involved in a shooty political angle.

I agree, but it's not like Hunter's going to be doing any Tommy Young style sliding three counts here.