Pro Wrestling Only

HHH taking over from Vince on RAW

Hollinger.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to go back and look at the thread, but I'm 99.99% certain that I said it was closer to Pat Patterson than Mel Phillips. The "firing" and Bryan going out to work indies was all bullshit and he'd be back. In fact, I probably even said that they were likely slipping him some cash to cover his downside to ensure that he wouldn't go hungry and end up in TNA. Just as Pat was sent away, taken care of, and slid back in when things chilled out.

It was a bullshit firing. I think we all knew it as soon as it happened. This isn't a "look at me, I'm smart" spot: it was obvious to the degree that we were all talking about it.

John

They wouldn't have to slip him cash under the table: It was all over within 90 days, so he was still getting his downside as severance in addition to working allowed indies. I'm sure he got a legit release and was then re-signed to make everything tidy. Standard procedure took care of the rest.

I'd have to go back and look at the thread, but I'm 99.99% certain that I said it was closer to Pat Patterson than Mel Phillips. The "firing" and Bryan going out to work indies was all bullshit and he'd be back. In fact, I probably even said that they were likely slipping him some cash to cover his downside to ensure that he wouldn't go hungry and end up in TNA. Just as Pat was sent away, taken care of, and slid back in when things chilled out.

It was a bullshit firing. I think we all knew it as soon as it happened. This isn't a "look at me, I'm smart" spot: it was obvious to the degree that we were all talking about it.

John

Me and you were two of the only ones to say that while most shit on it, we were proven right in the end. WWE talent including Cena tweeting about the "firing" was prove that it was a work.

How much credit does HHH get for Orton and Batista?

Some for Batista. He gets zero for Orton because he buried Orton at several key moments plus the fact that Orton has never really been over enough to justify his push. Where he gets zero credit for is that fact that Batista and Orton both have pulled shit backstage that people have been fired for less over.

Here's a crazy thought. You think maybe the WWE just stopped giving a crap because they figure no one will be watching with the NFL starting back up?

They don't dog it on purpose, with the exception of trying to save the best for the Rumble ---> Mania run.

Sure they do. I've lost count of all the storylines they've simply dropped because they didn't feel like coming up with a conclusion.

Sure they do. I've lost count of all the storylines they've simply dropped because they didn't feel like coming up with a conclusion.

You mean like the anonymous RAW GM? :blink:

Sometimes I think the best option is to just end it and hope no one notices. That shit ruined at least a year of programming.

You mean like the anonymous RAW GM? :blink:

Sometimes I think the best option is to just end it and hope no one notices. That shit ruined at least a year of programming.

Well, it's like I said earlier in this thread. The anonymous GM was stupid, but if you're going to keep it going for that long, you might as well get something out of it.