Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Brickhouse Brown is an honorable man how dare you sully his name.......

Zbyszko has always carried a grudge on how his WWF run ended so he is definitely bitter towards Backlund & Vince and running opposition wasn't the best idea since he was blackballed for over 2 years

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a post about the situation for Cageside Seats. I think the fact that all the wrestlers who are supposed to be leaving lost on the Sumo Hall show and Kobashi is going to promote his Budokan Hall retirement show by himself suggest that all the rumours were true and they're just playing nice together for the good of the company.

The amount of crazed lying in that clip alone, rivals the totality of Brickhouse Brown's shoot.

Don't get the facts in the way of a good story I guess. I'm not an expert at all on WWF 1980, but, man, hearing that Backkund couldn't draw a dime and nobody cared about Bob... Hum, what ? Zbyszko is a great storyteller though.

Off the charts fantasy work by Larry. On the other hand, he's probably been telling these lies for so long that he actually believes them and doesn't remember reality.

John

Yeah, Flair corroborated that in his first DVD set. Herd went from having Flair drop the belt to Luger at the Bash to Flair dropping the belt to Windham at a house show (or TV taping, I forget) to just firing him outright.

Really ? Well, you learn everyday. Mea culpa. The Timeline was still way boring.

Flair was supposed to finally drop the title to Luger at the Great American Bash. His contract was up in 1992, so he tried to play hardball and refuse to job without a contract extension and more money. They ended up deciding to part ways, and Flair agreed to drop the title to Barry Windham on a house show two weeks before the Bash. Then, they decided instead to negotiate a new contract, and Herd ended up getting mad and firing him in the middle of negotiations. Windham was only going to drop the title to Luger in two weeks anyway. But Herd was using him as a pawn, thinking Flair wouldn't dare try to get out of doing a job for Windham. But Windham was sort of manipulated for years into thinking that Flair quit the company so he wouldn't have to job for him. Not that Flair is innocent in all of this, either.

I don't know that Luger would have sat the world on fire as champ anyway at this point, considering how many times he had been turned or failed to win the big one, but getting it without beating Flair was the kiss of death.

Windham was only going to drop the title to Luger in two weeks anyway. But Herd was using him as a pawn, thinking Flair wouldn't dare try to get out of doing a job for Windham. But Windham was sort of manipulated for years into thinking that Flair quit the company so he wouldn't have to job for him. Not that Flair is innocent in all of this, either.

It would have been four years too late, but I think Barry finally getting the big win over Flair would have been a great moment.

Flair was supposed to finally drop the title to Luger at the Great American Bash. His contract was up in 1992, so he tried to play hardball and refuse to job without a contract extension and more money. They ended up deciding to part ways, and Flair agreed to drop the title to Barry Windham on a house show two weeks before the Bash. Then, they decided instead to negotiate a new contract, and Herd ended up getting mad and firing him in the middle of negotiations. Windham was only going to drop the title to Luger in two weeks anyway. But Herd was using him as a pawn, thinking Flair wouldn't dare try to get out of doing a job for Windham. But Windham was sort of manipulated for years into thinking that Flair quit the company so he wouldn't have to job for him. Not that Flair is innocent in all of this, either.

I don't know that Luger would have sat the world on fire as champ anyway at this point, considering how many times he had been turned or failed to win the big one, but getting it without beating Flair was the kiss of death.

Now that you're giving me the details, yeah, I remember reading about it. But *my* memory is shot apparently, and Windham's pretty good after all since he mentionned how Flair didn't had an issue with doing the job.

Is he still shooting that bodybuilding movie or is this wrestling shape for him now? Well, it took him like 3 weeks after WrestleMania to get into scary Incredible Hulk only much bigger than Lou Ferrigno shape, hopefully he get back to resembling a normal human being by the Rumble in 6 weeks.

Still, Jesus.