Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

https://www.facebook.com/events/1387369861480752/

Hey SUNNY FANS!! This is YOUR CHANCE to get UNDER THE COVERS WITH ME!! At the Legends of the Ring Convention, 10/5/13, I will be offering special photo ops! Your choice: for $50 you get to have your photo taken laying next to me in bed, and for $75 you can have your photo taken 'spooning' or with me lying my head on your chest! Was I your TEENAGE CRUSH?? Now is your chance to make that dream a REALITY!!!

Posted Image

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny how wrestlers and comic book characters are the only people in signings that are willing to do gimmicks like this for money. I don't see Joe Montana offering an extra $200 to pretend you are a center about to snap the ball or Cal Ripken offering an extra $200 to pretend to tag you out of a stolen base attempt

I'd say I feel sorry for her doing it because you really know how this day is going to go in terms of creepy moments, but there's like a 50% chance it was her idea in the first place.

I'll also not lie. I've probably burned $75 on worse in my life. One has to have a sense of humor about that sort of thing.

It is funny how wrestlers and comic book characters are the only people in signings that are willing to do gimmicks like this for money. I don't see Joe Montana offering an extra $200 to pretend you are a center about to snap the ball or Cal Ripken offering an extra $200 to pretend to tag you out of a stolen base attempt

I bet Joe Montana could make a lot of money by offering to throw a pass to you.

People who are thought of as A-list celebs (or even strong B-list, of which I'd say retired athletes on Montana's level often fall into) could make crazy money with this sort of gimmickery, but it's thought of as much too carny and in bad taste in general. Plus if you're really an A-lister and you are hard up for cash, which happens, who cares when you are going to get paid $10 million for your next movie or whatever.

None the less I am betting there are A-listers you could charge five grand a pop and still find enough people willing to do business that it could be a thing. Never underestimate the number of people willing to spend money foolishly. It will never happen in a million years, of course.

Pete Rose signs any object you want, with whatever you want it to say, for $75. There are numerous accounts of people having him sign betting stubs and magazines featuring his "scandal" with things like "I illegally bet on baseball" or "I cheated the game".

Robert Blake has also signed menus from the restaurant where he (likely) had his wife murdered.

The History of the WWE at MSG dvd match list is out. To say it is disappointing is an understatement...especially when they only needed one true "rarity" to make it a must-see set for someone like myself.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-madiso...-listing/46252/

Wow, I had high hopes for this set but the selections blow. Mild VQ upgrades on a couple of matches and that's about it.

The History of the WWE at MSG dvd match list is out. To say it is disappointing is an understatement...especially when they only needed one true "rarity" to make it a must-see set for someone like myself.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-madiso...-listing/46252/

Wow, I had high hopes for this set but the selections blow. Mild VQ upgrades on a couple of matches and that's about it.

I was hoping for the Backlund/Muraco 1981 Texas Death myself--never seen that one before.

And do they really need to put the fuckin Hogan/Sheik title change on yet another DVD?

Dot Net WWE News: NXT investigation regarding claims made against Bill DeMott, statement issued by WWE

WWE conducted an investigation stemming from claims made by former developmental workers regarding NXT head trainer Bill DeMott. Chase Donovan and Chad Baxter appeared on a recent "Two And A Half Wrestlers" podcast hosted by Kevin Matthews, and the trio told a secondhand story about DeMott pulling out a gun in front of trainees, a firsthand accounts of DeMott using a homophobic slur during training sessions, and made other accusations.

"There have been no sexual harassment complaints filed against any employee at the WWE's training facility in Orlando," reads a statement issued to Prowrestling.net by WWE. "Instead there have been baseless allegations made by disgruntled talent recently released by WWE. Regardless, WWE takes these issues seriously and investigated this matter, concluding that there was no wrongdoing."

Matthews is claiming on Twitter that Audrey Marie was fired for complaining about sexual harassment by Demott and it sounds like he's got another ex-NXT trainee lined up to dish the dirt.