Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

I didn't realize it was Knobbs' exit from the company, but Meng spearing a cardboard cutout of Goldberg is a favorite moments amongst me and my friends. It's amazing. They're brawling backstage and a bunch of fans are around, and one of them has the Goldberg cutout. Out of nowhere Meng just screams and spears the thing in half. Unreal.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize it was Knobbs' exit from the company, but Meng spearing a cardboard cutout of Goldberg is a favorite moments amongst me and my friends. It's amazing. They're brawling backstage and a bunch of fans are around, and one of them has the Goldberg cutout. Out of nowhere Meng just screams and spears the thing in half. Unreal.

It was no Lita spear either, he committed to it! Yeah I must admit I actually popped for that spot while watching that clip yesterday and got a good chuckle out of it. Not to mention Tony is going absolutely insane on commentary.

So, I have decided to get out of my viewing "comfort zone" and start watching territories I haven't seen much of.

First of is Portland (1980 onward) There is plenty for me to sink my teeth into via youtube currently. I am excited to see actually HOW good is Buddy Rose. If I have anything worthwhile to say after I have digested some footage I will be sure to post in the relevant Portland thread.

I used to love those crazy 'Gym War' shows he ran in that tiny unit that also housed Michael Modest (as seem on Beyond The Mat) -I remember getting them in about 1997 from someone or another. I also remember Vic Grimes getting clotheslined by a moving car door. RIP Roland.

APW still runs shows there every month, they anounced earlier today they're having a tribute show for Roland this Friday. It's funny, I probably attended in the range of 50 or so APW shows over the years and have wrestled on 4 or 5 shows for other promotions that Roland's attended but I never once spoke to the man. Ironically, the last thing he ever posted on his Facebook page was a msg promoting the DMW show this Saturday that i'll be wrestling on and he was going to attend as well.

When I was a young, aspiring professional wrestler I wrote to Roland asking about some specifics of wrestling training. He was kind enough to write a personal letter back and give me some recommendations. He was one of the few who didn't just send me back a flyer or an order form to buy a pamphlet.

Not the biggest fan of Bloodstained Memoirs but it's far better than the creepy haters make it out to be

It isn't.

Also has nothing to with haters either. A lot og the issue was the makers over promised and under delivered. Then acted like it was a historical event.

Not the biggest fan of Bloodstained Memoirs but it's far better than the creepy haters make it out to be

It isn't.

Also has nothing to with haters either. A lot og the issue was the makers over promised and under delivered. Then acted like it was a historical event.

Rovert I generally like your posts and you've always brought a fair share of interesting links my way, but I've watched you for years bad mouth this in various forums. Sounds like a hater to me bro...