Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WCW definitely piped it in on the lower syndicated shows, to a distracting degree. Most of the time it wasn't even timed to cheer when something big happened, they would just turn on a white noise machine that only vaguely sounded like humans cheering. It sounded like a Tony Conrad or Rhys Chatham composition being played over the matches.

WCW definitely piped it in on the lower syndicated shows, to a distracting degree. Most of the time it wasn't even timed to cheer when something big happened, they would just turn on a white noise machine that only vaguely sounded like humans cheering. It sounded like a Tony Conrad or Rhys Chatham composition being played over the matches.

Worldwide had noticeable, bad crowd sweetening for a while in the 90's

Heck, even on the live show Nitro they would pipe in Goldberg chants and do other odd things with the crowd noise

in the mid 00's when WWE business was down and they had to tarp the arenas for SD tapings because they'd be like half full the fake crowd noise was really noticeable. It would be hilarious when there'd be a huge canned pop for a guy's entrance and you can see the crowd and nobody is popping for the guy

Wow, that is terribly unflattering to both of their noses.

Not sure what could you do to make Hunter's nose flattering. But, yeah, Steph looks terrible here.

Hunter actually looks much better in a suit now than before. When he had long hair and was bigger he looked ridiculous, like a gorilla in an expensive suit.

She usually just carried an unplugged electronic typewriter, not even a laptop. That's what made it so awesome.

Sometimes she carried one of those old 80s laptops that look like a giant calculator. I saw her definitely carrying a proper laptop a few times too because I recently saw a clip of hers with it and the first thing that I thought about is "damn that laptop looks like shit". A few days later I went to my new work assignment and they gave me an old Thinkpad that was exactly like hers.

Weird how some companies operate. I have a 250 dollar executive style chair but the work laptop they gave me is this giant block that is almost a decade old and has been used by six different people before it was given to me.

just looked at the rest of the pics of the Scooby Do premiere and obviously others have said this numerous times over the years but Steph still has puppy dog love for Hunter. That's after nearly 15 years of going out and 10 and a half years of marriage. I have to give that guy credit he's beyond smooth

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjXXO0LIEAAq6k9.jpg

BjX2zWaCcAAcF_d.jpg

What is the deal with wrestling shows and monday nights? You got Raw every week. Nitro countered that for years. Memphis Coliseum had their weekly shows too. WWF MSG shows were on mondays. For a few years Summerslam was held on a Monday. Building availability? Good night for ticket sales?

There really wasn't any deal until WCW decided to launch Nitro.

Monday was considered just another night. Although some areas, like Memphis placed a higher priority on it because that was the day of their biggest show.

Prior to the Monday night wars, Saturday was probably the wrestling day, for most of the country.

Raw wasn't considered the flagship show for the WWF when it debuted through when Nitro debuted?