Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

I liked Francine because I was a teenager and she wore really short skirts with really small thongs and would gratuitously bend over when entering the ring. It worked for Dawn Marie too. If fact, in my infinite wisdom & judgment I bought an XPW VHS tape from the mall once because it had "Sunny" (Tammy Sytch) and some new girl I had never seen before named Lizzie Borden.

That was $20 I wish I could have back...

Apparently when I was much younger I was really into fake boobs & blondes. Which is pretty much the polar opposite of what I grew up to like as a full grown man.

ECW, to me, not just the women but all of ECW, was just a counter-culture that I felt like I "discovered" & even if I can look back on things now & say they sucked you couldn't have convinced me of that then. I thought New Jack was epic, I thought The Dudley Boys were the best team ever, of all-time...I was just a complete, 100% total mark. Up to & including saying the women of ECW were hotter than those from WCW or WWF. Miss Hancock? Pfft, amateur night!

I look back on all of that now & laugh though. Wearing ECW t-shirts to high school & loaning out VHS tapes that I recorded the PPVs on...

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm nearly 44 and I like sluts. They're the best people.

16 years later i still have the appreciation for a solid slut.

describing Francine as 'anal hot'

I know this is just your usual wrestling fan tesosterone fueled banter, and no harm is meant, and this is a predominantly male board...but the levels of misogyny are pretty surprising and could be construed as offensive. Probably stood out because I came here from Tumblr, where these kind of sentences would be flagged down and ripped apart and condemned and used mercilessly by the huge feminist contingent on that site to prove that treating women as objects and branding them 'sluts' is alive and well.

This board is better than that.

Lighten up, Francis. It's just jokes.

I'm guessing the joke I was trying to do stunk, as my point was to make fun of people using "slut" as a derogatory term. I blame myself, as apparently my delivery failed. It seemed rather obvious to me that I was going for an amazingly obvious joke on guys being dumb, but typing jokes is a crap shoot, no matter how fucking obvious they may be.

I'm guessing the joke I was trying to do stunk, as my point was to make fun of people using "slut" as a derogatory term. I blame myself, as apparently my delivery failed. It seemed rather obvious to me that I was going for an amazingly obvious joke on guys being dumb, but typing jokes is a crap shoot, no matter how fucking obvious they may be.

yea i feel ya, it's just that this is the sort of thing that comes off much much differently when women do it vs men. i have learned this the hard way myself not too long ago, context is everything...

What Francine had was the talent of being a damn good heel valet working along Shane Douglas. Her signaling to break the neck of that jobber was bitchy as hell. That's how she was hot.

She didn't work nearly as well as a face. And as ECW went on and became more and more tired clichés and they had women rely on obligatory cat fights in every match, she wasn't as fun either. Dawn Marie never served a purpose to me apart from taking the attention away from no-charisma Lance Storm.

And for the record, I got Johnny's intent too.

Was watching some clips of Rock's first snl gig and it's just a fantastic episode. Big Show was especially hilarious. Mick and Vince were also great. Even Hunter was funny in the monologue. Insane to believe wrestling was once this popular

This brings something up I haven't asked before. Wasn't Steve Austin supposed to do the show at some point a few years earlier? Why I heard it never happened had something to do with Jim Breuer being fired,

Was watching some clips of Rock's first snl gig and it's just a fantastic episode. Big Show was especially hilarious. Mick and Vince were also great. Even Hunter was funny in the monologue. Insane to believe wrestling was once this popular

This brings something up I haven't asked before. Wasn't Steve Austin supposed to do the show at some point a few years earlier? Why I heard it never happened had something to do with Jim Breuer being fired,

Jim Breuer left the show in 1998

"Insurance Policy" Rick Rude is one of my favorite things ever. I wish they'd done more with him besides hang with DX and then Hennig in WCW. Doing something like that now with a retired WWE guy would be great if they picked the right one.

Is there a specific reason why some WWF PPV events in 1997 took place 1-2 weeks earlier than usual? For example Summerslam took place on August, 3rd when it usually takes place somewhere between August, 15th and August, 25th or Survivor Series on November, 9th compared to November, 14th to November, 27th.

Was Tony Atlas born in 1944 or 1954? I was listening to a show last night and they had a long debate about it, since there is a lot of conflicting info out there. I'm leaning toward 1954, since he apparently won a teen bodybuilding title in the mid 70s. Does his book say anything about it?

What in the utter fuck was Keiji Mutoh thinking in 2000 when he was putting over (clean) the likes of Ernest Miller and Tank Abbott in crummy WCW matches?!

"What the fuck am I doing here working for this fucking idiot ? I'm not coming back in the US ever again, and as soon as my time here is over I'll change my look and have a brand new start in Japan and wash away that WCW stench from the Great Muta."

Or something to that effect.

Between the two I'd have to say 54. He looked quite young when he won the tag team belts with Rocky.

I just downloaded the sample of his bio on my kindle, didn't know it was out on e-books. He says toward the start of the book proper he was born on April 23, 1954, and a preceding chronology also confirms this. I guess someone was goofing on his wiki page and no one corrected it. A TMZ article from a few weeks ago where he talks about fighting in Korea also says he's 70. (http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/20/tony-atlas-wwe-north-korea-kim-jong-un-wrestling/)

My guess is that, during a period when they were losing the promotional war, they scheduled their PPV's so that they would take place before WCW's in a desperate attempt to sway the buyer who only purchased one show a month

Yeah, that makes sense. It sounds really desperate, but realistic.