Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Heh, def gonna have to listen to that one first tomorow on my way to work

speaking of podcast, don't see this one talked about much so wanted to give a recomendation for ppl to check out the 3 way with Fire & Ice show with indy wrestlers Angel Orsini & Amber O'Neal at http://3w.pw247radio.com

It's kind of like a female version of Cabana's podcast. They've had some good interviews the past few weeks with Tracy Smothers (starts slow but picks up once he gets going) & Lance Hoyt among others and their latest one with they just put up with Joyce Grable is one of the best podcast i've heard in a long time as she has a lot of great/funny stories about her time in the business.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted... Ki is the same asshole he's always been in the ring.

It's amazing how long it took for most people to catch on that Ki is an unprofessional prick. Hell, even fuckin' Necro Butcher went on record saying that Ki stiffing him in the face is the absolute hardest that he's ever been hit in his life. (In the same match where Ki is putting his hands SO far up to block weapons shots that he still sells, that the crowd starts booing him for it.) He's always been one of those guys who picks his spots on when and where to be a bully, and of course is notorious for never wanting to job and various other shit.

speaking of podcast, don't see this one talked about much so wanted to give a recomendation for ppl to check out the 3 way with Fire & Ice show with indy wrestlers Angel Orsini & Amber O'Neal at http://3w.pw247radio.com

It's kind of like a female version of Cabana's podcast. They've had some good interviews the past few weeks with Tracy Smothers (starts slow but picks up once he gets going) & Lance Hoyt among others and their latest one with they just put up with Joyce Grable is one of the best podcast i've heard in a long time as she has a lot of great/funny stories about her time in the business.

Those gals are my "co-workers" of sorts as me and my pal Bryan also do our show at PW247radio.com. And yeah, the Grable show was really good.

Heh, def gonna have to listen to that one first tomorow on my way to work

For some reason I could never, ever find a download for the show. I'll give it a listen. Lots of people who dont usually do audio shows appear on it.

They fired Maxine as General Manager which sets up Summer Rae in the role. Leo Kruger and Mike Dalton did a long TV match, which is hard in that gym where nobody reacts. But it was technically a solid match. Neither did anything that stood out but both are better than most here and Dalton has a good look. Kruger looks like everyone else so I guess that’s a look they like. An interesting note in commentary is that Regal said that 80s and 90s South African wrestler Danie Brits was the greatest pro wrestler that he ever saw, which is quite the statement given how many places all over the world that Regal has worked and how long he’s been around the game. The connection is Kruger is a veteran of the South African wrestling scene and Brits helped break him in. Regal talked about what a shame it was Brits never got out of South Africa and he didn’t know why. Regal had worked with him in the 80s.

Any info on Brits?

Amazing story and photo from a thread talking about the Low-Ki interview:

It's refreshing to see that Low Ki hasn't changed AT ALL in the last 14 years and is still the dick head he's always been. I'll always remember Low Ki flipping out on a CZW show because he thought there was some kind of screw job happening when he injured someone and they weren't able to finish the match, resulting in one of the security guys just picking him up like he was a small child throwing a tantrum and carrying him to the back:

Posted Image

One of the funniest, bizarre things to have happened on the indies in the last 15 years, yet it isn't remembered too well because people were always intimidated by the guy.

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would be intimidated by Low-Ki. Just because he has a deep voice and is a sloppy worker? It's not like he's a physical giant or possesses any legit shooting skills that I'm aware of to make people think he could beat anyone's ass legit.

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would be intimidated by Low-Ki. Just because he has a deep voice and is a sloppy worker? It's not like he's a physical giant or possesses any legit shooting skills that I'm aware of to make people think he could beat anyone's ass legit.

Why did people think Taz was some kind of legit bad ass for years? Guess they were just good enough at getting over their characters that people believed.

In a period of tremondous economic, political, social and technological change it is heartening to know Low Ki is still Low Ki. Below is a recap of his interview on the F4W site

Came across like an asshole to me throughout the entire interview with Bryan. Threatening to shoot on people if they were green. Talking about how NOW it's easier to be a pro wrestler as anyone could just take a few classes, pretending like 1998 was a different world in regards to wrestling schools. ****ting on FCW guys apart from Sheamus. Calling Punk & Bryan NON-Champions because they're not headlining Wrestlemania (obviously not understanding that Rock is the draw this year).

We get it, you throw SHOOT kicks in a WORKED environment, GOOD FOR YOU.

Listened this mourning, didn't get that vibe off of Ki at all. He never threatened to shoot on green kids. Bryan asked him in regards to matwork how he would handle dealing with someone who wasn't as good at it and he more or less just said he wasn't worried about it, that he'd hold up his end and hope that the other guy could keep up. Most of the other stuff he talked about in refrence to how he was going to go against other guys he sounded like he was responding in atleast half "work" mode anyways which he does a lot. His other points I largely agree with too. It is really easy to become a wrestler these days compared to the past, most of the home grown FCW guys do suck ass and in an ideal world, your world champions should be the #1 guys in the company so it is a bit harder to take them serious when they're at best going to be working the #3 & 4 slots on your major show of the year.

Now, I do think Low Ki is batshit insane on a lot of things don't get me wrong but for this interview he came off fine to me.

In a period of tremondous economic, political, social and technological change it is heartening to know Low Ki is still Low Ki. Below is a recap of his interview on the F4W site

Came across like an asshole to me throughout the entire interview with Bryan. Threatening to shoot on people if they were green. Talking about how NOW it's easier to be a pro wrestler as anyone could just take a few classes, pretending like 1998 was a different world in regards to wrestling schools. ****ting on FCW guys apart from Sheamus. Calling Punk & Bryan NON-Champions because they're not headlining Wrestlemania (obviously not understanding that Rock is the draw this year).

We get it, you throw SHOOT kicks in a WORKED environment, GOOD FOR YOU.

Listened this mourning, didn't get that vibe off of Ki at all. He never threatened to shoot on green kids. Bryan asked him in regards to matwork how he would handle dealing with someone who wasn't as good at it and he more or less just said he wasn't worried about it, that he'd hold up his end and hope that the other guy could keep up. Most of the other stuff he talked about in refrence to how he was going to go against other guys he sounded like he was responding in atleast half "work" mode anyways which he does a lot. His other points I largely agree with too. It is really easy to become a wrestler these days compared to the past, most of the home grown FCW guys do suck ass and in an ideal world, your world champions should be the #1 guys in the company so it is a bit harder to take them serious when they're at best going to be working the #3 & 4 slots on your major show of the year.

Now, I do think Low Ki is batshit insane on a lot of things don't get me wrong but for this interview he came off fine to me.

I feel like this is a constant unfair criticism of WrestleMania. Essentially it boils down to you either think that Rock/Cena and HHH/Taker shouldn't be on the card because they overshadow the regular card, or you think that Cena/Rock and HHH/Taker should be for the titles because they are the biggest matches on the card and the titles should be the most important thing.

Comics and wrestling have often produced rather unsatisfying results when mixed, which is strange considering the crossover appeal, but this looks promising.

In about 31 or 32 Barney Google got out of the horse racing rackett and into pro wrestling management for about a year. the last time I read those strips I thought they were pretty succesful.

I like Charles Burns "El Borbah" stories as well.

And have no idea about the comic but this is a great panel:

Posted Image

I have no idea who these people are who "know their shit" ... even Cornette talked a good game and has shown himself to be pretty badly out of touch. It's pretty sad when I can't even think of someone in reserve who would be a great booker to bring in. TNA has learned to copy all of the worst aspects of WWE, one of those being adding unnecessary bureaucracy in management and firing people whose absence isn't going to turn anything around.

The obvious Hogan associate who knows his shit would be Jimmy Hart. TNA is essentially a fed full of Emory Hales with no one knowing how to present them.

Isn't Jason Harvey credited with booking the whole LWO angle, that was better than most of the stuff in history of TNA.

Chris Youngblood did a nice job booking Puerto Rico maybe five years ago. I actually think Invader 1 would be a spectacular booker for TNA and could really work with that talent pool and turn the stuff around. Puerto Rican bookers have to deal with both indulging and buttering up the owners as well as building up talent and structuring the cards to keep gates up. It shouldn't be hard to both indulge Hogan/Bischoff and build up hot angles for rest of card.

Reading a bunch through this thread:

MARTYEWR:

Just adding my two cents to the fart gimmick: The problem I do have (which the wife does agree with me) is that it's a gimmick/act that you can't do anything with.

I've seen alot of flatulists perform at modern side shows and I think there are a ton of spots you could do with it.

Lots of visual stuff, blow gun spots, mists, giant spit takes, baby powder being used to enhance the visual.

I don't know how the effect as accomplished. Don't know if flatulists are natural born talent, something that can be trained like sword swallowing or human blockheads, a surgical body modification or if it's a simple a smoke and mirrors stage effect.

I can't imagine the WWE doing anything interesting with it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

anarchristkkk:

You say that, but I don't think eleven year old me would dig John Cena in the way I dug Steve Austin at the time.

I imagine that's true.

Bix

QUOTE(rovert @ Mar 8 2012, 09:29 AM)

QUOTE(goodhelmet @ Mar 8 2012, 01:46 PM)

QUOTE(Jingus @ Mar 7 2012, 11:07 AM)

Wasn't there a report of a suicide attempt at some point as well, after she left TNA? Between that and this and occasional other stuff (beating up Bubba the Love Sponge backstage) it's looking like she's got some rather serious psychological issues which need a lot of treatment.

Beating up Bubba the Love Sponge was well-deserved and doesn't demonstrate mental instability.

Not being able to control your temper and lashing out violently in a work environment kinda does.

What he said.

This isn't a normal work enviroment. This is the completely backwards prowrestling work enviroment. She isn't going to go to HR when someone is offensive. When Mark Henry did the functional equivalent of going to HR when he was offended by a backstage guys behavior, it was criticized within the wrestling community. "Why did he complain instead of just punching him?"

It's wrestling. Lashing out violently is the normative behavior.

Al asked

Agreed. Has a pregnancy storyline ever actually resulted in a baby?

Didn't Akebono debut in Hustle as result of a pregnancy angle...emerging out of an egg Jonathan Winters on Mork and Mindy style?

sek69 said:

True, but Santo did it because he wants his kid to be the one to claim the third generation legacy. It would be like suing your nephew because you wanted your son (who's not even old enough to do drywall installation) to be the only one who could use the family name in the business. It's not like Axel was making false claims, Santo *is* his grandfather, it's not his fault his uncle is a douche. Didn't other family members have to step in before over things he's tried to do with the name?

1) Basing opinion of Santo on what his enemies leak to dirt sheets is a big mistake. and pretty much anything Konan says should be taken as entertaining stories from a amusing storyteller, nothing more.

2)I've never heard it as he was saving the gimmick for his son. He was protecting his own gimmick (Santo relative) from being watered down. He refused to work with promoters who would book his nephew who was using the relative of Santo gimmick. I doubt Konnan would work with Elizondo on a card with Konnan Big. Brusier Brody had to be King Kong when working in or near Dick the Bruiser's territory. This is standard stuff. There are stories of luchadors who've wanted to sell the hijo gimmick for payday and not let their kids take it. The more Mascara Sagradas the less original Mascara Sagrada can make. Gimmicks are valuable, guys who own their own gimmick are willing to protect it.

I doubt Konnan would work with Elizondo on a card with Konnan Big

Don't know who Elizondo is but Konnan & Konnan big have been on the same show a bunch of times and have wrestled against each other in 2 or 3 matches.

Also, I don't buy that ppl are stupid enough that if you have someone wrestling as The Grandson of Santo whether he was good or bad that fans would get that confused with/accept as a replacement for/think it lessens or have any negative effect on The Son of Santo in any way.

I can't blame Santo for wanting to protect his brand. Eddy didn't work as a Guerrero till he was ready, there's plenty of other examples in lucha where green sons of a legend work under another hood until they're ready. Some people are never ready though.

Dave wrote this in the Observer:

Another note regarding the story last week is that since the taping that is currently airing and now, Husky Harris has dropped from more than 300 pounds to about 285. He is on the radar and they have a new idea for a gimmick for him.

Live reports of last night's FCW has him playing the character of LEVI WYATT a religious Christian Heel. I jumped to the conclusion Husky was going to reprise the Reverend Devon character. But then I saw this picture:

Posted Image

I am praying to the wrestling gods that this is a Waylon Mercy character now.