Pro Wrestling Only

RAW 1000

Loss

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't hated the show as much as most. The Lesnar segment was not good but what I take is that Brock is winning at the PPV. Not that it really matters but with the way WWE books he's winning.

Is Bryan being buried? I'm sure that will be the cry but putting him against a pretty big celebrity probably isn't seen as a burial by the company

I've actually found this show to be perfectly fine. I don't tune into full shows often anymore, so what stands out to me is how impressive WWE's marketing machine is. Their use of social media is really smart, and they way they market their merchandise is pretty impressive as well.

This is the first time I've watched since the Punk/Cena stuff last year and there is a marked difference in the presentation. It really is, like you say, an incredibly polished marketing machine set to the backdrop of the pro wrestling.

The only thing that has struck me as really poor was the Brock/HHH segment; the wedding was kinda terribly executed but going with AJ as GM could be fun. What was the deal with Bryan and the dudes in white shirts though?

I've actually found this show to be perfectly fine. I don't tune into full shows often anymore, so what stands out to me is how impressive WWE's marketing machine is. Their use of social media is really smart, and they way they market their merchandise is pretty impressive as well.

That's a really good point. In essence, hasn't all wrestling television always been about promotion? Get people to the shows, get them to buy the ppv, etc. Now social media and toys and t-shirts are the big push. Not saying that I really enjoy the shows as much. But I'd say they're achieving what I'd guess Vince's goal is.

Anyway, I really dug the big angle at the end. The rest of the show was fun enough. I think I have such low expectations for what WWE puts out now, that as long as I'm not completely infuriated at the stupidity of what I'm seeing, then I'm at least satisfied. Heel Punk against the Rock is going to be interesting for sure.

The crowd wasn't booing when he stood back and let Big Show beat up Cena, the boos only started when he attacked the Rock. The commentary was clearly in full heel turn mode, saying Punk turned his back on the "WWE Universe" (ugh), which made it unintentionally funny saying it when half the crowd was still sort of cheering him.

I'm sure he'll come out next week and go all out heel in a promo to cement it. He's always come across as a guy not entirely comfortable as the Smilin' Babyface WWE Champion they wanted him to be after the big angle last summer. I think he'd be the first to admit he's kind of a dick and being a heel seems like a much more natural fit.

Kinda with Dylan on this one. I expected a lot more & thought the show kinda sucked. I guess my expectations were too high. I should know better than that by now. Loss was right too in that Dave Meltzer definitely over-hyped this shit. I was expecting everyone under the sun and we didn't even get Austin or Goldberg. It was Sean Mooney and then a bunch of people we've seen lately or see all the time.

Great ending to the show. By "fine", I mean nothing was offensive. Dave exaggerated how many people would be appearing in a huge way though. Lex Luger and Scott Hall are not employed by TNA, and I'm sure they have phones.

I don't think they would want those two guys out there.

Austin is shooting a movie.