Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

Also, to be fair to Cesaro, despite what Vince stated, and despite this never hitting the dirt sheets as a possibility, I wonder if Brock's limited schedule fucked up the whole idea that Cesaro would be the pawn/gatekeeper in terms of someone a Cena/Reigns/whomever would have to go through to get to Brock, and then turn once realizing he was being used as a patsy.

I know we are dealing with ADD booking, but I wonder if that ever was an actual plan, but got scrapped due to how little both Heyman and Brock would be factoring into the main event storylines after defeating Cena at SummerSlam?

I actually thought the plan was going to be Brock beating Bryan for the belt at SummerSlam, and aligning Cesaro with Heyman was to make him the "gatekeeper" feud for Bryan after the Kane stuff until SummerSlam. It makes perfect sense. Bryan going out screwed up their longterm plans, and they waited as long as possible to take the belt off him. And when they did they went back to Orton/Cena again and put the belt on Cena because they had the Lesnar plan set in stone and Cena was the only other credible face for him to beat for the title. Which was all fine, I would have done the same thing in that situation

Where they went off the rails was bringing Cena back immediately after Brock destroyed him, rematching it the next month, then rematching it again for the Rumble. Complete lack of creativity and they killed any chance of the rematch mattering or Brock as champ being special right out of the gate

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's really baffling (well, not really) that Cena had the rematch at NOC. It got crushed at SummerSlam and they should had built to the Rumble rematch. Brock destroying anyone else in September would had been more interesting and less stale feeling.

The follow up to the Summerslam match has made the Summerslam match COMPLETELY meaningless. I don't even know why they chose to work it like that now. John Cena's immediate booking the very next night he was on RAW made it so that the feud is now totally indistinguishable from how it would be if Summerslam were worked just like a regular match.

They were desperate to get the renewals of the initial Network subscribers and felt that was the biggest match they could put on.

was a rematch from the previous month?

Heck, run anyone vs Lesnar with Cena in their corner if that helps. Dolph w/ Cena vs Brock or Mark Henry w/ Cena vs Brock or Sheamus w/ Cena vs Brock all would had drew just as well and not ruined the SummerSlam story and made the Rumble match better.

The Rumble match is now not a big deal, because of NOC.

they blew so many opportunities with Lesnar. The Summerslam booking was so brilliant and really set the table for them to capitalize by having new guys step up and challenge him after that. Guys like Wyatt, Ambrose, Ziggler, etc. could have gotten a huge rub by having a competitive loss against Brock in the wake of Cena being absolutely destroyed by him. You could have kept Brock undefeated all the way to Mania while still making several guys look strong just by being able to hang with him. Then it would have meant so much more when someone finally beats Brock and given them a much stronger booking platform following WM.

Their willingness to take even the smallest of risks (like putting someone "unproven" in a match with Brock) is just totally killing them.

I mean think about a guy like Wyatt. A match in which he takes everything Brock can dish out and keeps on coming because he's so nuts could have made him in the same way that the HBK/Mankind match made Mankind in many fans' eyes. Same could apply to Ambrose.

At this point, I'm speculating Seth cashing in at the Rumble, thereby inserting himself into the Cena/Lesnar match and pinning Cena to take the title. I'd like this to have happened at Mania - with Seth cashing in and defeating Roman, but I think that ship has sailed.

If Cena defeats Lesnar for the title, then who faces Cena at Mania? Reigns, in a face vs. face match, where Cena doesn't go over?

They need to get the title of Brock, but they don't want anybody going over him....Yet. So, therefore, either:

- Have to do some kind of screwy angle where the title is vacated, Brock and Cena cover each other, both men shoulders down, etc.

- Randomly insert somebody else into the match unannounced at the last minute making it a triple threat (a'la Edge @ Suvivor Series 2008).

- Have Rollins cash in during the match (thereby making it triple threat rules), where he pins Cena to take the title.

Don't see why they have to get the title of Lesnar before Wrestlemania. Brock is the top heel. The top heel generally jobs to the top face at Wrestlemania. Go figure.

Makes zero sense running Cena vs Reigns now. If Reigns is the guy they want to coronate, it makes 100% sense that he would defeat the biggest monster in the company.

I know I am asking this question about a company that seems to be oblivious to SO many things.....

But they have to realize that if Daniel Bryan comes back before Wrestlemania, and they don't go with him, the crowd is going to shit on absolutely anything else they attempt to sell them......right?

I know I am asking this question about a company that seems to be oblivious to SO many things.....

But they have to realize that if Daniel Bryan comes back before Wrestlemania, and they don't go with him, the crowd is going to shit on absolutely anything else they attempt to sell them......right?

I don't know, are we going to through this every year?

Not sure if it's the writing or just guys not being guided right or taking bad cues from Foley or HBK but watching Neville's opening promo on NXT...

I would love for their to be a moratorium on wrestlers referring to their "performances" and "great matches." At least while on the show. He should be calling what they had a fight at the least. A battle, we went to war etc. No gravity behind it.

So, after TTTT I want to see Bryan vs Rusev way more than Cena vs Rusev or Rock vs Rusev.

Who the heck wants to see Rock-Rusev? I only want to see that if it is a 6 minute squash, ala Vader-Inoki.

I do. With Rusev going over & getting revenge for Rock clowning him & Lana in New York. Beating the Rock makes Rusev look better than beating anyone else does. Including Cena or Bryan.

To clarify, I don't think they're doing Rock/Rusev at Mania. I just thought the American Underdog story they were hinting at with Bryan vs Rusev at TTTT was compelling in ways I hadn't quite been expecting. Bryan in that more patriotic role felt very out of place on the show, but at the same time, it added to my enjoyment of the segment.

THAT said, I don't think we're seeing Bryan back in a ring anytime soon. The news is a little all over the place there, but my impression is that he's held off on surgery he probably should have had months ago in the hopes that he'd recover without it (be it due to holistic wonkery or mere hope) and that maybe that hasn't been going quite as well as it could have.

I could certainly see Rock vs Rusev happening sometime in the next year or two.

I could certainly see Rock vs Rusev happening sometime in the next year or two.

No way! Rusev is dead the moment he challenges for the title and loses. He is the new Umaga, etc...

Not what I would do, but this is their pattern. Build him up, challenge the champion, and lose. He may get a title shot at SummerSlam with Reigns or something, then slowly move down the card.