Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

Rusev is way too good to be dead in the water after one loss. Big Show, Mark Henry & Kane are all in the twilight of their careers and WWE is going to need a big intimidating dude to fill that gatekeeper type role. It doesn't hurt that he's pretty damn good and already better than Kane.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rusev is way too good to be dead in the water after one loss. Big Show, Mark Henry & Kane are all in the twilight of their careers and WWE is going to need a big intimidating dude to fill that gatekeeper type role. It doesn't hurt that he's pretty damn good and already better than Kane.

Umaga wasn't dead in the water either, but he certainly was never in a position to face a guy like The Rock after not winning the title. Rusev will be the same.

If Cena isn't main eventing Mania this year, and WWE is ballsy enough to execute a monster push on Rusev...

Why not book Cena vs. Rusev for the United States (or European if they bring it back) title and have Rusev retain via referee stoppage? Basically, Cena refuses to tap or submit to The Accolade because "Cena never gives up", but the idea here is to continue to get the move over as much as Rusev, so Cena passes out in the hold and the ref stops the match.

When Rusev's undefeated streak eventually ends, it needs to be to somebody who needs the rub, and not just an incidental loss so they can get the loss out of the way and get the title off Rusev at the same time, in order to transition him to main event feuds. Really, the opportunity exists to continue rebuilding the US title or get the new/old European title over (if it returns), and give somebody a boost. My initial gut instinct would be a face Cesaro.

That also lays the seeds for a recurring feud down the line between the two.

At this point, I'm speculating Seth cashing in at the Rumble, thereby inserting himself into the Cena/Lesnar match and pinning Cena to take the title. I'd like this to have happened at Mania - with Seth cashing in and defeating Roman, but I think that ship has sailed.

If Cena defeats Lesnar for the title, then who faces Cena at Mania? Reigns, in a face vs. face match, where Cena doesn't go over?

They need to get the title of Brock, but they don't want anybody going over him....Yet. So, therefore, either:

- Have to do some kind of screwy angle where the title is vacated, Brock and Cena cover each other, both men shoulders down, etc.

- Randomly insert somebody else into the match unannounced at the last minute making it a triple threat (a'la Edge @ Suvivor Series 2008).

- Have Rollins cash in during the match (thereby making it triple threat rules), where he pins Cena to take the title.

They shouldnt have put the title on him in the first place. What was the point in booking it if we arent going to get another Championship match till january.

If Cena isn't main eventing Mania this year, and WWE is ballsy enough to execute a monster push on Rusev...

Why not book Cena vs. Rusev for the United States (or European if they bring it back) title and have Rusev retain via referee stoppage? Basically, Cena refuses to tap or submit to The Accolade because "Cena never gives up", but the idea here is to continue to get the move over as much as Rusev, so Cena passes out in the hold and the ref stops the match.

When Rusev's undefeated streak eventually ends, it needs to be to somebody who needs the rub, and not just an incidental loss so they can get the loss out of the way and get the title off Rusev at the same time, in order to transition him to main event feuds. Really, the opportunity exists to continue rebuilding the US title or get the new/old European title over (if it returns), and give somebody a boost. My initial gut instinct would be a face Cesaro.

That also lays the seeds for a recurring feud down the line between the two.

I really think Rusev-Cena US Title with Rusev getting a decisive win is a great way to go. Keep Rusev as US Champ and have him start claiming its the most important title leading to him getting a WWE Title match at SummerSlam.

I said before that I only want them to bring the European title back if it's in tandem with the US title, and Rusev just has them both. Maybe you do a match with Jericho (as a former champion) where Rusev goes over to make it official.

And then... he pursues my ultimate gimmick idea: a guy who has just decided to assemble his own version of the J-Crown. Even if you're building him towards a World title match, the idea of him squashing legends to claim their titles is awesome to me as just pure cheap heat, and nobody can deny the glorious image of Rusev carrying around every spare retired title belt that they have.

Between not having access to internet reliable enough for streaming video and a gap in knowledge of devices to stream with, there's plenty of valid reasons for someone to order on PPV rather than the network.

It's not even just people out in the boonies either in terms of reliable internet. Here in the Pittsburgh area if you don't have Fios or Comcast you're stuck with speeds that are barely fast enough for YouTube videos let alone watching a nearly 3 hour show.

Survivor Series did 103,000 buys. People must have been interested in the Authority stip and the Sting rumors. Pretty shitty news for the Network though I guess

I did enjoy the Survivor Series Main Event and it was pretty interesting however I do feel they should have kept the Sting angle going instead of just not mentioning it after the show. As a fan they missed the boat as they havent furthered the storyline at all.

Survivor Series did 103,000 buys. People must have been interested in the Authority stip and the Sting rumors. Pretty shitty news for the Network though I guess

I did enjoy the Survivor Series Main Event and it was pretty interesting however I do feel they should have kept the Sting angle going instead of just not mentioning it after the show. As a fan they missed the boat as they havent furthered the storyline at all.

They've mentioned it, haven't you been listening to Michael Cole yell at us about THE VIGILANTE Sting? But yea it's kind of stupid that they haven't had him on TV since HHH & Steph couldn't continue the angle on their end either. But I think his contract was only for like 5 appearances? I forget exactly how many but it was between 3-6 and he's already used 1 for Survivor Series so they are just saving all his dates for the Mania build.

Yeah, this whole "How dumb are these people?" narrative I'm seeing is so fucking indicative of dudes online not having any grasp of the big picture.

Amongst everyone I know in real life, no one has "cut the cable/ satellite " besides my household.

Conversely the majority of people I work with and interact with have cut the Cable/Satellite cord and none of them are what I would consider people with an online presence. The truth is somewhere in the middle as there are lots of people who have cut the cord but aren't interested in WWE's product, but there is still a decent sized chunk who is either wary of cutting the cord, doesn't want to, or has no idea they can.

I think there's also a point to be made about the people that tried jumping onto the "cut the cord" bandwagon before it was as viable or easily accessible as it is today. Can't speak for everyone, but I knew a good portion of older folks that are a bit discouraged about moving away from satellite again - after previously trying to switch totally over to Netflix or Hulu only in the past few years or so.

I've been running strictly from wireless Internet and streaming devices for years now. No complaints on my end, but I can certainly see why some would be disinterested in the idea after running into roadblocks with it before.

People want convenience and relaxation when it comes to watching their shows & stuff - ESPECIALLY in this day of binge-watching obsessions & such. Can't exactly fault 'em for spending more funds or whatever to get that and not run the risk of buffering or anything.

They've mentioned it, haven't you been listening to Michael Cole yell at us about THE VIGILANTE Sting? But yea it's kind of stupid that they haven't had him on TV since HHH & Steph couldn't continue the angle on their end either. But I think his contract was only for like 5 appearances? I forget exactly how many but it was between 3-6 and he's already used 1 for Survivor Series so they are just saving all his dates for the Mania build.

Probably not no. Its a shame that his appearances are limited instead of getting paid a deal to work a few dates more for the buildup.

The next night Hunter should have come out cut a promo on Sting how he cost him his power and money and really bash Sting and the following weeks on Raw leads up to Sting tormenting Hunter & the Authority until they finally square off at mania.

Something like how Sting tormented the NWO in WCW for weeks before the big match. A couple of appearances before mania isnt enough build for me as id love it to be done properly.

Yeah, this whole "How dumb are these people?" narrative I'm seeing is so fucking indicative of dudes online not having any grasp of the big picture.

Amongst everyone I know in real life, no one has "cut the cable/ satellite " besides my household.

so do people who still subscribe to a television service not have the ability to stream things over the internet? I'm really confused by this notion that people had to drop their cable provider in order to stream a free PPV.

On the Sting thing, I know its hokey as all shit, but couldn't they have run some segments/angles where there was (a) no Sting, but "technicality difficulties" that would lead one to believe Sting was the culprit or (B) impostor/fake Stings that are shown to be fake. Y'know, "mind games."

I just think, thematically, these are things that would keep the storyline going and be within Sting's character, but don't require Steve Borden to be anywhere near a WWE show.

so do people who still subscribe to a television service not have the ability to stream things over the internet? I'm really confused by this notion that people had to drop their cable provider in order to stream a free PPV.

Lots of people have great cable/ satellite and shitty internet. I was one for a long time.

Meltz says they have a "major angle" planned for the Jan. 5 Raw that will set off Wrestlemania season. I assume that means Hunter and Stephanie are returning that night setting up the Sting match

I hope not. WWE needs to let it breathe. If WWE brings them back around SummerSlam 2015 (I have an entire angle in my head involving Cena/Bryan/and The Authority that plays off of SummerSlam 2013, Survivor Series 2014, 'Doing what's best for business', and a ton of other shit that would make Cena a heel without him actually being a heel. There will be a WM17 element), that is one thing. But why so soon. What I also don't understand is the rumour about WWE bringing them back to boost ratings. When did Stephanie/HHH become rating draws?

Meltz says they have a "major angle" planned for the Jan. 5 Raw that will set off Wrestlemania season. I assume that means Hunter and Stephanie are returning that night setting up the Sting match

I hope not. WWE needs to let it breathe. If WWE brings them back around SummerSlam 2015 (I have an entire angle in my head involving Cena/Bryan/and The Authority that plays off of SummerSlam 2013, Survivor Series 2014, 'Doing what's best for business', and a ton of other shit that would make Cena a heel without him actually being a heel. There will be a WM17 element), that is one thing. But why so soon. What I also don't understand is the rumour about WWE bringing them back to boost ratings. When did Stephanie/HHH become rating draws?

Since the ratings have gone down since they've been off t.v. I mean they're not going to admit they're writing a show that a lot of viewers don't think they need to watch.

I realize this is a small thing, but I'm wondering if theatres up here in Canada play much into those numbers. Business for PPVs in movie theatres up here is down so much that after SummerSlam, they didn't do the next few shows, until Survivor Series, which they did do. Otherwise, it has to be a case of people interested in the show, but have no access to the Network/limited internet/bandwidth, etc. as others mentioned. Canada would have to figure a bit into the domestic numbers, if but for a small percentage. ;)

I realize this is a small thing, but I'm wondering if theatres up here in Canada play much into those numbers. Business for PPVs in movie theatres up here is down so much that after SummerSlam, they didn't do the next few shows, until Survivor Series, which they did do. Otherwise, it has to be a case of people interested in the show, but have no access to the Network/limited internet/bandwidth, etc. as others mentioned. Canada would have to figure a bit into the domestic numbers, if but for a small percentage. ;)

Since the Network launched I have not been to the theater to see a ppv, but damn is that a fun experience.

Well it's really fun if you are near kids and not near douche bags who are constantly talking about rumours that I have never heard before and that are truly incorrect.

I said before that I only want them to bring the European title back if it's in tandem with the US title, and Rusev just has them both. Maybe you do a match with Jericho (as a former champion) where Rusev goes over to make it official.

And then... he pursues my ultimate gimmick idea: a guy who has just decided to assemble his own version of the J-Crown. Even if you're building him towards a World title match, the idea of him squashing legends to claim their titles is awesome to me as just pure cheap heat, and nobody can deny the glorious image of Rusev carrying around every spare retired title belt that they have.

I honestly think that sounds tremendous. This sort of angle could be used to pile on the heat for his first World Championship shot. Even if he fails, I think he comes away with enough momentum to keep marching forward for awhile.

For anyone concerned that Rusev would drift aimlessly after being beaten, I think there'd actually be a built-in extension of this gimmick for him to work beyond that. Just have him turn into a type of "trophy hunter" instead of a title collector. As he'd maul & mow down opponents, he could rip away a piece of their character or costume as a trophy. Of course it'd have a shelf life also, but at least it'd keep him progressing towards something & FEEL like he's consistently achieving something.