Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

It's a shame that there's no chance of Austin vs. CM Punk ever happening. Seems like such a perfect feud, character-wise.

Austin vs. Daniel Bryan would be great in the ring though...or so we think/hope anyway.

I have zero interest in another Austin vs. Rock, or Rock vs. Triple H. Been there, done that, won't be as good now. If they get Austin or HBK to come back, they need fresh "dream match" opponents, not the same old shit. Think of how magical Rock vs. Hogan was for that reason.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since the Sting stuff is bound to get even goofier as Mania approaches, is it too much to ask for Hunter to bring in Nash, Hall, and Waltman as expert Sting hunters and have an entire Raw composed of vignettes of them searching for him Scooby Doo style?

I would love that! Definitely beats 20 minute HHH promos every week

Austin vs. Daniel Bryan would be great in the ring though...or so we think/hope anyway.

We're probably talking at best, something similar to Punk vs. Taker at Wrestlemania XXIX. Bryan (the Punk in this scenario) would be doing all the hard physical work, taking the big bumps, wheras Austin (the Taker in this scenario) would hit his high spots, work a mostly mat based style with minimal bumps centred around his danger spots (the neck in Austin's case) and rely on crowd reaction and match heat to enhance his shortcomings.

Haven't been able to find anyone else to watch this yet, but it's from a few days ago and I really dug it. Double FIP, with Ambrose an absolute beast on the apron and with a really strong hot tag and with Rusev and Harper working very well together. The finish is probably a LITTLE too simplistic for it to be a MOTYC for WWE but in some ways that's actually a strength. It was the right finishing stretch for the crowd. Watch it and provide thoughts.

Hasn't Austin claimed lately that he's in good ring shape?

In 2011, Steve Austin was quoted as saying "I could still wrestle for two years at about 90-95 percent of what I used to give."
I should have included Steve meant "90-95%" on the full time schedule as well, which helped add fuel to the "Austin's coming back for Mania" fire that's been burning for quite a few years now.

If money is right they're all in-ring shape. Every aspect of a money match today is so canned that Andre The Giant could work Jolly The Green Giant.

Agreed and with the right opponent and story I wouldn't rule WM 32 in Dallas at all (not that Steve would admit it).

So what are you guys' thoughts on the Goldust/Stardust break up? I thought they kind of dropped the ball on Cody becoming Stardust because they never really did anything with it but I'm actually kind of interested to see how things are going to play out with the Rhodes family reunion on Raw. Goldust taking off the paint to try and bring his brother back from insanity would be a pretty cool way to finish up his career.

Haven't been able to find anyone else to watch this yet, but it's from a few days ago and I really dug it. Double FIP, with Ambrose an absolute beast on the apron and with a really strong hot tag and with Rusev and Harper working very well together. The finish is probably a LITTLE too simplistic for it to be a MOTYC for WWE but in some ways that's actually a strength. It was the right finishing stretch for the crowd. Watch it and provide thoughts.

complete

If Shawn comes back it must be to put over a talent that needs it

No just no. If Shawn comes back it needs to be for the right reasons alough hes had a great career and doesnt need to return. He had his retirement match. If he did come back to wrestle the one guy id pick is Rock.

Dude do you understand how the wrestling business works. Older talent puts over new talent to create stars. You should lose your Dr. title for being so wrong .

Id rather older talent not put new ones over and just sting to new vs new.

Sorry if you dont like it but I just hate the idea of a fav of mine jobbing out to someone who cant lace his boots. We dont need another legacy being tarnished like Slaughters.

If new guys are that talented they dont need a old star to make them good. HBK vs Rock is a dream match, I cant say the same thing for Sting vs HHH.

No just no. If Shawn comes back it needs to be for the right reasons alough hes had a great career and doesnt need to return. He had his retirement match. If he did come back to wrestle the one guy id pick is Rock.

Dude do you understand how the wrestling business works. Older talent puts over new talent to create stars. You should lose your Dr. title for being so wrong .

Sorry if you dont like it but I just hate the idea of a fav of mine jobbing out to someone who cant lace his boots. We dont need another legacy being tarnished like Slaughters.

If new guys are that talented they dont need a old star to make them good. HBK vs Rock is a dream match, I cant say the same thing for Sting vs HHH.

I don't think you get it. Historically, older talent has put over young talent for obvious reasons.

We're probably talking at best, something similar to Punk vs. Taker at Wrestlemania XXIX. Bryan (the Punk in this scenario) would be doing all the hard physical work, taking the big bumps, wheras Austin (the Taker in this scenario) would hit his high spots, work a mostly mat based style with minimal bumps centred around his danger spots (the neck in Austin's case) and rely on crowd reaction and match heat to enhance his shortcomings.

My head is going to explode.

Your wrestling business acumen is definitely worthy of you getting your license revoked

For as easy as it is to slag on WWE, they'll give us a week with Sin Cara/Cesaro, Owens/Zayn, the NXT four way, the Tag Team Turmoil, and Cena/Ambrose vs Harper/Rusev.

That's all in one week over four different shows.

I don't think the in-ring has been the issue though, overall. It's been more the general direction of the product.

Iamthedoctor, what benefit would be provided from old vs. old facing each other besides some warmed over nostalgia that doesn't fill the void of the wrestling business being a continuous cycle? I also would be intrigued to know who from this era can't lace the boots of the legends you are projecting up.

Hasn't Austin claimed lately that he's in good ring shape?

In 2011, Steve Austin was quoted as saying "I could still wrestle for two years at about 90-95 percent of what I used to give."

So why didn't he? This is what bothers me...

Austin could easily command a Lesnar style contract (huge salary, perks that break with the norm, a limited schedule, guaranteed PPV main events and a possible title run, etc, etc) to return to WWE in a wrestling capacity. We have to assume that either he doesn't need the money (which is probably not the reason, given the likes of Sting, Taker, Lesnar, etc are all financially set for life, have enormous property portfolios and extensive royalties), isn't actually anywhere near the physical condition necessary to wrestle even one more match, or fears compromising his physical wellbeing should any more in ring activities lead to injuries.