Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlers you really dislike

goodhelmet

Its wrestling. Everyone likes, dislikes, loves, hates, identifies or dis-identifies for random and weird reasons. I don't really hate the guy, except for in the spirit of the thread. I don't actually think "fuck Sydal" in any meaningful way; its fan bullshit. I was just never really drawn to him as a character or his work. Seeing him on a lineup doesn't get me excited about it.

As a man who has been blessed with amazing good looks, great athletic ability, and general awesomeness, I'm tired of being judged by haters like you. It isn't my fault that women throw themselves at me. It isn't my fault even homeless people offer me money for the privilege of looking upon my face. It isn't my fault that I have adoring fans despite the fact that I don't really do anything but wake up in the morning and piss greatness. You can't justifiably hate me for it any more than you can hate Matt Sydal for it.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its wrestling. Everyone likes, dislikes, loves, hates, identifies or dis-identifies for random and weird reasons. I don't really hate the guy, except for in the spirit of the thread. I don't actually think "fuck Sydal" in any meaningful way; its fan bullshit. I was just never really drawn to him as a character or his work. Seeing him on a lineup doesn't get me excited about it.

As a man who has been blessed with amazing good looks, great athletic ability, and general awesomeness, I'm tired of being judged by haters like you. It isn't my fault that women throw themselves at me. It isn't my fault even homeless people offer me money for the privilege of looking upon my face. It isn't my fault that I have adoring fans despite the fact that I don't really do anything but wake up in the morning and piss greatness. You can't justifiably hate me for it any more than you can hate Matt Sydal for it.

Ahhhh.... and this is where you are mistaken, my friend. I can hate whoever I want for whatever reason I want. The wrestling world - and the world more generally - is built on arbitrary hatred. Why don't you, Sydal, and Ryan Gosling have a little summit about how great you are. I don't even want women to throw themselves at me. I don't even want to be rich and good looking. That doesn't even appeal to me; it sounds miserable. Being a good looking athletic man who is generally satisfied with life is for the birds.

Gorgeous Jimmy, is that you?

Dolph Ziggler moved from "hey this guy seems like a good wrestler" in the first two weeks I was back watching WWE to "Oh Jesus Christ he's going to do the shoulder to the ringpost, and the 10 nearfall rollup sequence again" real fast. He's a prime example of a guy who is still working matches as if he's on the 80's house show circuit and not a guy on national TV where we can SEE YOU DO THAT EVERY MATCH. Ambrose's rebound lariat spot is in that category too but with Ziggler it's, like, his entire act that I am feeling that way about already.

Gorgeous Jimmy, is that you?

tumblr_inline_nz4sff2NKx1thftl8_400.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Rotten. Have no clue why some people around here hype him. I have a hard time suspending disbelief when the wrestler is this out of shape and unathletic. It becomes even harder when the wrestler tries to work a BattlArts type match.

I also dislike Ian, but it has nothing to do with him being out of shape or unathletic. I've seen a ton of his matches, but I honestly don't get the appeal.

A guy I really dislike is Tommy Dreamer. Sure he fit his roll perfectly in ECW and all, but he just never appealed to me. His matches were pretty meh and very repetitive. His post ECW stuff was even more unappealing to me than his ECW stuff.

I can honestly say this is something I felt with a ton of ECW guys like Sandman, Balls Mahoney, etc. Guys I felt were very limited, but based mostly around the characters Paul E. created for them. I guess you can highly credit Heyman for making something out of a bunch of very limited guys.

I completely understand why they were appealing to the Philly crowd and why they got over, but they were just never appealing to me and it has nothing to do with disliking garbage wrestling as I'm a big fan of FMW, IWA Japan, BJW, etc. but I honestly prefer watching someone like Onita or Hayabusa than Dreamer or Sandman.

Ian Rotten. Have no clue why some people around here hype him. I have a hard time suspending disbelief when the wrestler is this out of shape and unathletic. It becomes even harder when the wrestler tries to work a BattlArts type match.

I also dislike Ian, but it has nothing to do with him being out of shape or unathletic. I've seen a ton of his matches, but I honestly don't get the appeal.

A guy I really dislike is Tommy Dreamer. Sure he fit his roll perfectly in ECW and all, but he just never appealed to me. His matches were pretty meh and very repetitive. His post ECW stuff was even more unappealing to me than his ECW stuff.

I can honestly say this is something I felt with a ton of ECW guys like Sandman, Balls Mahoney, etc. Guys I felt were very limited, but based mostly around the characters Paul E. created for them. I guess you can highly credit Heyman for making something out of a bunch of very limited guys.

I completely understand why they were appealing to the Philly crowd and why they got over, but they were just never appealing to me and it has nothing to do with disliking garbage wrestling as I'm a big fan of FMW, IWA Japan, BJW, etc. but I honestly prefer watching someone like Onita or Hayabusa than Dreamer or Sandman.

I'll cosign Dreamer, because I've never understood his appeal. I get Sandman and Balls was a guy who wasn't good, but I always found myself surprised that he wasn't that bad if that makes sense. He very well could have went to the ring every time and hit people dangerously hard with a chair, but occasionally he'd have a competent wrestling match. For a guy who wasn't ever really pushed as a serious contender, I had no problem with him. Dreamer was just a generic looking, pedestrian, uninteresting character and worker, but was pushed as the face of the company. You could have literally put any decent babyface worker in his role, and been better off.

I am going to defend Sandman, Dreamer and Balls. All 3 of them were pretty good promos. That went a long way. In fact Sandman was a hell of a promo. Also all 3 had awesome gimmicks. And Balls was surprising agile for a guy his size. All 3 had something to offer somewhere on a card, especially in a company like ECW.

I am going to defend Sandman, Dreamer and Balls. All 3 of them were pretty good promos. That went a long way. In fact Sandman was a hell of a promo. Also all 3 had awesome gimmicks. And Balls was surprising agile for a guy his size. All 3 had something to offer somewhere on a card, especially in a company like ECW.

Yeah I agree with this and that's why I said:

"Sure he fit his roll perfectly in ECW and all..."

No denying them of that, but take those guys and put them elsewhere and they are pretty limited. Alas put pretty much any decent guy willing to take unprotected chairshots in their roles in ECW and they could've more than likely excelled.

I'm not trying to discredit them or put down their work, but they just never particularly appealed to me.

Modern guys who I say I really dislike are the Young Bucks. I've seen some of their work in New Japan as I try to avoid it whenever they're on and I've seen some of their matches in the US and all of their matches just feel the same. Spot motion to the crowd looking for approval, spot motion to the crowd looking for a approval, spot motion to the crowd looking for approval, over again, repeat.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to hate Jimmy Valiant as well based on how awful his feud was with Paul Jones' Army and how much I despised it when I was a kid. To me, it was the one very bad spot on Saturday Nights.

However, I have since seen his footage from Memphis, and it made me completely re-evaluate him. He was unbelievably great as a character and on the mic there.

Personally, I despise the Hardys. Big Show is up there as well. I also really, really dislike Bugsy McGraw.

• 2 months later...

John Cena. I didn't like him in 2005 and I don't like him now. I've tried but I can't seem to get past the sloppy execution, cartoonish facial expressions, the stfu, the five knuckle shuffle, the spinning belt, the juvenile one liners and ring attire that makes him look like an overgrown 10 year old. People talk about his many great matches but I struggle to enjoy them, because the of various things about him that annoy me.

I'm fairly new here and seeing people argue so passionately and eloquently for him, convinced me to watch more, but I still really struggle with him. I guess he deserves credit for working hard and being on top for so long, but he's one guy I just don't get. I'll admit that I haven't seen much of his work post 2011 yet, so maybe i'll turn a corner on him at some point. seems unlikely though

well, people normally point to 2007 as Cena's best year, with stuff like the Umaga match at the Rumble. if you don't dig that, there may not be much hope.

can totally understand that though, i still say that some of Cena's "great" selling reminds me of Reb Brown in Space Mutiny

well, people normally point to 2007 as Cena's best year, with stuff like the Umaga match at the Rumble. if you don't dig that, there may not be much hope.

can totally understand that though, i still say that some of Cena's "great" selling reminds me of Reb Brown in Space Mutiny

Thanks. When I was going through some Cena matches, the Umaga match was one I missed for some reason. I don't think I even watched it at the time. I'll check it out.

I'd never seen Reb Brown in Space Mutiny but I just had a look on youtube and I definitely see the similarities! :D

I watched the Cena vs Umaga match and liked it quite a bit. I definitely enjoyed it more than the JBL match at Judgment Day 05, which I found relatively disappointing. I didn’t have my usual issues with Cena’s selling here. One minor nitpick is that I wish it looked like he was applying a bit more pressure when he was chocking Umaga with the ropes and screaming his lungs out but I guess you can’t have everything. I thought his look to the crowd post match was pretty cool actually. Maybe there’s hope!

also Umaga running across the tables/splash = Awesome!