Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlers you really dislike

goodhelmet

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolph Ziggler. How in the world he became an internet favourite I do not know. When you sell a chop and a Tombstone Piledriver on steel steps that have been put on fire the same way, you are not a great wrestler.*

*Some parts of it may or may not have been embellished.

I feel like my eyes are about to roll out of my head every time I see someone call Dolph a "great seller" like WHAT? He takes goofy ass cartoon bumps and then his "selling" is laying there like he's dead until it's time for him to comeback at which point he just pops back up looking completely fresh.

The only good selling performance I've ever seen from him is that double turn match with Del Rio.

Of modern wrestlers I hate Finn Balor/Prince Devitt and Okada, they both feel too robotic to me. Okada is an overall better talent to me because I can see he is technically very good but his look and expressions hardly change so it really bothers me and takes me out of his matches. Balor is an ultimate "playing pro wrestler" type that I cant stand.

I feel like my eyes are about to roll out of my head every time I see someone call Dolph a "great seller" like WHAT? He takes goofy ass cartoon bumps and then his "selling" is laying there like he's dead until it's time for him to comeback at which point he just pops back up looking completely fresh.

The only good selling performance I've ever seen from him is that double turn match with Del Rio.

Not to mention his offense which is some of the worst around today. His punches, swinging DDT, & ZIg Zag finisher are all terrible. Plus, he now does the superkick at least a half dozen times in his matches. The Usos do it a lot too but at least they can sell & have great dives.

I really liked Dolph for quite some time, even comparing him to Shawn Michaels quite often. voer time, I found reasons not to see his flaws, that's how much I liked him and wished he would become a huge success.

Now, I can only agree with your points. There's good in him, but not nearly enough so that it would justify my love for him. This, beeing a man of extremes, I get annoyed everytime I see him.

Not to mention his offense which is some of the worst around today. His punches, swinging DDT, & ZIg Zag finisher are all terrible. Plus, he now does the superkick at least a half dozen times in his matches. The Usos do it a lot too but at least they can sell & have great dives.

The worst thing about his swinging DDT is watching his opponents having to hold Ziggler in the air until he slaps their back to let them know it's time to go down. It's so transparently awful

Of modern wrestlers I hate Finn Balor/Prince Devitt and Okada, they both feel too robotic to me. Okada is an overall better talent to me because I can see he is technically very good but his look and expressions hardly change so it really bothers me and takes me out of his matches.

This is one of the more baffling things I've ever read - Okada has some of the best facials in wrestling today. Not sure what you're watching.

AJ Lee. A con artist of sorts. WWE tricked the fans into making her seem talented by doing a storyline with the hottest talents in the company and having passable mic skills (which got graded on a curve). Also was made out to be a great wrestler b/c she knew a submission hold and didn't look like a "typical WWE female". Her character got stale quick, her work ethic dropped over the last year or so with all the vacations.

AJ Lee. A con artist of sorts. WWE tricked the fans into making her seem talented by doing a storyline with the hottest talents in the company and having passable mic skills (which got graded on a curve). Also was made out to be a great wrestler b/c she knew a submission hold and didn't look like a "typical WWE female". Her character got stale quick, her work ethic dropped over the last year or so with all the vacations.

Agreed 100%. When she got put with Bryan and then became GM, I was beyond sick of her - and that was before she even won the title and had people pretending she was a great wrestler. Terrible acting with the forced psycho gimmick as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to pile on here, but I NEVER 'got' AJ Lee. She was annoying as a character and nothing more than passable in the ring. She was light years ahead of the women in the promo department, but when that consistent of Natalie Neidhart, The Bellas, Eva Marie, Summer Rae, etc. then that's not saying much. The worse of AJ is when she ran her 'Too Cool For School' gimmick and essentially acted as the female CM Punk with even less sincerity. If you are into fake revolutionists and people who only pretend to speak his/her mind, then AJ Lee is the wrestler for you. Nothing she did in the last year or so came off as authentic. CM Punk and others had a shoot gimmick because at some point-in-time, they were actually shooting. AJ Lee had a shoot gimmick that was written by the writers and cribbed note from real shooters and yet was trying to be passed off as the real deal. A big NO THANK YOU to AJ Lee and everything she did in her career. The wrestling, the promos, the character, the skipping. All just terrible and easily one of the most overrated 'good' female wrestlers in WWE since Katie Lea Burchill walked into an area of crickets and failed to get over for 3-5 years before being released.

Watching some old C-shows from 2014, it's really interesting to see just how average AJ was compared to a lot of the roster, especially when you watch people like Layla or Alicia Fox managing to get watchable stuff out of the Funkadactyls. It came to the point when I was watching tiny AJ barrel over Natalya with clotheslines that I realised she was having a worse match with Nattie than Aksana did a month earlier.

Booking her as the ace of the womens division probably wasn't a good idea. She had talent, although the "proud gamer" stick was cringe worthy. I remember fun stuff with Kaetlyn, but the match dynamic with a bigger girl is always easier because the storytelling aspect is implicit in the match.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Randy Orton 2010 onward. I really dug Orton when he was the Legend Killer into the Age of Orton through 2008. They really dropped the ball with him in 2009 after the whole McMahon feud in early 2009. Anyway ever since 2010 I haven't been able to stand the guy at all. Sure he has been in some good and great matches in the last 6 years but my god he is so boring and even when he tries to show some personality he just comes off as a huge try hard. Anyway my biggest gripe with Orton was the whole fact they never had him put over any upcoming talent in 2011 and 2012 I specifically remember one such instance being the Cody Rhodes feud in 2011 and numerous matches with the likes of Cesaro and the like in 2012.

Stephanie McMahon is probably my most hated character. The McMahons are frequently the worst part about their own company & I find her the worst.

Always hated Alex Wright. Captain New Japan is...I don't get the joke. Can't stand Kevin Owens. Loathe the Young Bucks. Rich Swann is pretty bad. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka are excruciatingly bad. I really hated Sonjay Dutt. Remember him?

Trying to think of older guys that never interested me when watching shows: Dory Funk Jr, Carlos Colón, Junkyard Dog, Dino Bravo, Bruno Sammartino, any of the Von Erich family but especially Kevin, Baron Von Raschke, Dick the Bruiser, Mike Graham, Killer Kowalski, George "The Animal" Steele - holy shit, Abdullah the Butcher, The Sheik, The Boogie Woogie Man lol...

I have disliked a lot of wrestlers over the years.

The wrestler I dislike the most at this point, over even guys like Rollins, Owens and Goto, is Bray Wyatt, which is a bit interesting considering his role post-brand split.

He truly wasn't making it for me in-ring, nor outside it. I don't think he's a particularly good wrestler nor promo, but the worst part about his act is that he used to drag down people like Luke Harper - which to me is a better wrestler in every conceivable way possible - but now, he is actually improving.

Him being in a partnership with Orton is working so damn well - he doesn't have promos that are as long, he isn't that much of a singles wrestler anymore, and most important - he looks like a proper menace instead of a fucking loser.

He might surpass the other guys in a scale of love-hate by Rumble, at this rate.

Been watching through mid 90s WCW shows and holy shit do I hate Jim Duggan. Dude makes a joke out of Austin, won't sell for Vader worth shit, won't sell for Meng, just runs over anybody and doesn't seem to want to do any work worth a damn. Not sure if he or Beefcake is worse in this era but Hogan brought some real stinkers in with him.

I know that's not news or anything, just something I am dealing with in my personal viewing right now.

Right now, as I'm going through 2005 TNA : Jeff Hardy. Easily one of the worst all-around worker I've ever seen. Not one redeeming quality about him at that point. Awful looking offense, shit selling, sloppy on all level, zero "character work", dull promo, dumb as fuck garbage work, terrible pseudo "artistic" look, idiotic nickname.