Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2014

goodhelmet

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was some hilarious moments tonight. The Arn-Rey toast to Lita, Mr T.'s entire speech, Kane interrupting him with his music, Bad News Barrett's babyface interruption, Carlito making fun of himself, and Warrior referencing Jerry McDevitt. It was a pretty entertaining four hours.

Want to know what Warrior was talking about with his letter? Read my article in the new issue of Fighting Spirit Magazine, available in a variety of app stores as well as PocketMags on most platforms!

Seriously, what a night that was. Not sure if I can even verbalize any additional thoughts at this point. Go read my Twitter or something.

I don't know what it is but seemingly everyone in this company, full timers, part timers, old guys, authority types, have been killing it on the mic lately. That's if you consider HOF speeches to be "promos". I can't think of a time in recent history where everyone seems so "on" on the mic. As I mentioned before the frustration backstage is probably leading to a lot of cathartic, passionate performances on air. That's the only thing I can really think of

Their is no way Warrior can follow T.

Boy you called that wrong.

I don't know about that. Mr. T going on about his mom, and non-rapist brothers for 30+ tops Warrior's speech where he was all over the place on his agenda for craziest speech of the night.

"I think Mr. T is inducting his mother into the Hall of Fame" - My Brother, absolutely lost my shit and spit out my soda and started crying. I have not laughed so hard in a long, long time. When he was running through the Holidays and ended with fuckin Father's Day that was glorious. Austin and I had the same reaction.

Lita's was interesting, but she has a kinda dry presentation so it was not too engaging. DDP was fuckin awesome as usual, I love that snake story. He tells it even better on the Steve Austin Show. Jake's was a tough reminder of the pitfalls of a pro wrestling lifestyle, but he brought us up at the end. Mr. T was bitchin' as all hell. The drawback was that it sucked that it cut into others times. I love Scott Hall and the Kliq in this type of atmosphere. So I have seen like hours and hours of shoots so it was not the end of the world they did not get to talk plus they will be inducted as the nWo so I'll let it slide. I am glad Hall looks as good as he does. Carlito was good, but I thought Primo was pretty damn good on the mic get this boy talking, Vince. Who is this Linda and what did she do with the potted plant I am used to.

The Warrior had some real shining moments putting over the enhancement and trainers who helped and pushing for a Crew Wing of the Hall and spotlighting Jimmy Miranda. Then he would get dragged down into the DVD and would repeat himself. It was too long, but better than expected.

I've always felt that way about Lita. She has a kind of dull sounding voice making everything she says kind of uninteresting even if it isn't. She doesn't have a pro wrestling type voice. Like her speech tonight. Breaking kayfabe and name dropping like crazy but the presentation was off

Their is no way Warrior can follow T.

Boy you called that wrong.

I don't know about that. Mr. T going on about his mom, and non-rapist brothers for 30+ tops Warrior's speech where he was all over the place on his agenda for craziest speech of the night.

Not really. Mr. T had a great speech, don't get me wrong, Christ and your mother are probably the two most important people in your life so I think dedicating your entire speech to them is great, but I think Warrior handled himself well, said everything he wanted to say, set the record straight on a lot of things, and showed a sense of humor (the humor in T's speech was all the unintentional variety). I can't argue he wasn't all over the place because every acceptance speech is, but I have no clue how you can possibly say he had an agenda for craziest speech of the night. He was the exact opposite of that. People expected him to come out and shoot on everyone, but beyond a few jabs he was pretty professional. If I didn't know better, I'd say you didn't watch Warrior's acceptance speech and posted that response based on what you figured he'd do. Now I know that's not true, but that's how far off your account of it seems to me.

I was honestly expecting Warrior to throw people under the bus. Slaughter's pre-show comments kind of proved I wasn't the only one thinking that way. I'm glad that not only he didn't, but that he gave air time to people who don't get as much credit for Vince's success but that are just as valuable. His suggestion of making a wing dedicated to those people is something I'd like to see. That said it hasn't changed my opinion of him much, and the idea of him being any kind of ambassador for the company does make me cringe a little but maybe not as much after seeing how eloquent he managed to be. I'm sure they'll keep him on a short leash though.