Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2014

goodhelmet

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Outsiders were just Hall and Nash though I thought, that was the tag name they used?

If Hall is going in surely they'd put him in the same year as Nash?

You could induct "the nWo" but the problem there is that everyone on WCW's roster was nWo at one time or another plus one of those race car drivers.

Inducting the 1988 Horsemen I think opened the door for a "classic" lineup, as oppossed to the whole damn thing.

The Rock and Roll Hall also does this with bands featuring various lineup changes.

After Lita was announced, I wondered about other females WWE would consider for the HoF. Since no one was announced last night, I wanted to put out a tiered listing of potential candidates. Keep in mind, this isn't necessarily who "deserves" to get in, it's more the chances (IMO) of WWE considering an induction.

I didn't include those on the active roster. Also didn't want to factor every possible name. Didn't consider Japan names or vintage names for the most part.

To save space, TWD = "Typical Wrestler Death", as Meltzer often puts it.

Likely (50+%)

• Sable (figure it's a matter of time, but maybe it's tricky for WWE to put a PG-rated video package for her)
  • Lillian Garcia (been there 15 years, gotta figure it will happen)
  • Stacy Keibler (talks were rumbling for a return, her sorta-celeb status helps)

Possible (26-50%)

• Victoria (long WWE run, but do her years in TNA after getting a retirement match in '09 hurt from a political standpoint?)
  • Ivory (veteran, good life after wrestling, but is she remembered fondly?)
  • Torrie Wilson (long run, a quasi-celeb, but usually not a "top" name within the divas)
  • Michelle McCool (have a feeling that WWE revisionist history will turn McTaker into one of the all time greats, plus being the first Divas champ)

Maybe Pile (11-25%)

• Molly Holly (clean as a whistle after 'E, but is still young, and is sorta seen as a joke character (wig, "fat ass", Mighty Molly)
  • Jacqueline (maybe they could put her in as a "pioneering" African-American diva, but she had a long TNA run and hasn't been in the 'E in 10 years)
  • Mickie James (political issues plus a TNA run, could still come back, was a prolific women's champ)
  • Melina (backstage politics issues, but she had a lot of title runs and was usually positioned higher among divas)
  • Beth Phoenix (she's tricky, depends if she comes back, but may have done enough with her long title runs)
  • Eve Torres (she was positioned fairly high her last few years, depends if she comes back or becomes known outside of wrestling)

Slight Chance (1-10%)

• Terri Runnels/Marlena (only for having a near 10 year run with 'E)
  • Leilani Kai (former champ, her shoot trailer isn't going to help, and no one remembers her)
  • Rockin Robin (long forgotten, but a former champ)
  • Luna Vachon (TWD, scattered runs, never all that high-profile)
  • Candice Michelle (has/had the quasi-celeb status, but there's plenty of names to go before considering her, plus the foot fetish stuff)
  • Gail Kim (obviously not soon, 2 so-so WWE runs won't help either)
  • Maryse (maybe if she's still pretty 10 years from now)
  • Kelly Kelly (could be a notch higher for being notable, she's still young)

Only if they bring about world peace (0%, but alive)

• Missy Hyatt (long run in wrestling, but nothing (that aired) with WWF, amongst other obvious reasons)
  • Debra (while prominent for awhile, the Austin stuff and Fox News appearances post-Benoit did her chances in)

Celebs

• Maria Menounos (did several matches, including at WM, big fan, probably will get in soon, after some older names are burned off)
  • Cyndi Lauper (appeared on RAW recently, figure it will happen)
  • Snooki (for doing an athletic spot during her WM match, but is she going to be relevant to the mainstream much longer? I don't think Marla Maples will get inducted, for instance)

Unknown

• Miss Elizabeth (she's often seen as a huge oversight, but I think she's a tricky case. First, the TWD/downer factor. It's also tough to induct her before Savage, and who knows when/if that's gonna happen. The montage might be tricky, since she almost never spoke, just stood around, unless they want to use slo-mo wedding footage. And I don't think there's an obvious choice of who could induct her and who would accept. Maybe Steph inducting with a family member no one knows accepting.)
  • Chyna (probably should go in the 0% category, but she was such a big name. At this point, not only does she need to declare world peace, but also needs to at least save Cena from a burning building.)
  • Madusa/Alundra Blayze (it appears the wounds have healed from the belt/trash can spot. But it's tricky since she was never known as Madusa in the WWF. It would be silly to induct her as Alundra, but you'd have to acknowledge her run there, as that experience is weighted more than other promotions.)
  • Mildred Burke (maybe put her in like Gorgeous George was a few years back. Not sure how much footage of her is around tho.)

I'd put Sable in the Possible or Maybe pile. She left/was fired/quit (forget which) in a rather controversial fashion at the time, and it's tough to say if they still forgive her for that. Garcia and Keibler are the only real locks I see there. I really don't see Liz getting in, and I'm okay with that. Just too many intangible messy things that would be dredged up.

I'd put Sable in the Possible or Maybe pile. She left/was fired/quit (forget which) in a rather controversial fashion at the time, and it's tough to say if they still forgive her for that. Garcia and Keibler are the only real locks I see there. I really don't see Liz getting in, and I'm okay with that. Just too many intangible messy things that would be dredged up.

They brought Sable back and she's married to a top star now.

With them bringing her back 10 years ago, I figure its a good sign that most wounds have been healed. Her main obstacle could be how sexual and revealing she was during her time there. The Playboy shoots (despite being WWE-sanctioned) could also hurt her. But she hasn't been an embarrassment like Sunny in the last few years.

With Hogan, Warrior, Bret and Bruno all mending fences within the last few years, there don't seem to be very many big stars left that have irreconcilably burned bridges. Even Luger talked to developmental guys about health and fitness a few years back. Maybe Savage would resemble that remark if he was still alive.

Which does make me wonder why she hasn't been brought into any of the storylines with Brock as of yet. Presumably, she doesn't want to do anything, but I can't help thinking she could have created an interesting dynamic versus Stephanie during Brock's feud with Triple H in 2012/2013.

On 2/23/2014 at 7:14 PM, Loss said:

With Hogan, Warrior, Bret and Bruno all mending fences within the last few years, there don't seem to be very many big stars left that have irreconcilably burned bridges. Even Luger talked to developmental guys about health and fitness a few years back. Maybe Savage would resemble that remark if he was still alive.

Savage did those spots for his action figure and a video game not too long before he passed. For the figure, he said "2011 is gonna be the year of the Macho Man".

I think if Sable wants to go in she'll go in. She may not want to. Or she might want to wait a while. She has kept a very low profile in recent years since marrying Brock and having a child with him. She doesn't seem to have any interest in the spotlight now. Vince would put her on tv in a second if she wanted to do so. They seem to be on great terms with Brock and Heyman, so yeah, Sable can go back on their TV any time she wants

I think Lauper is probably going in this year and they're holding off for her to be the big celeb nomination

It would be cool if Luna Vachon went in, but I think if they were going to do that they would have nominated the entire Vachon family at the same time. I believe Mad Dog is in, but I don't think Vivvian is

I could see Michelle McCool going in just because

to be fair to her, I thought she was a way better performer than a lot of internet fans wanted to give her credit for. LayCool was a great pairing. I know people would claim it was the WWE ripoff of "The Beautiful People" in TNA, but out of the 4 of those girls Michelle was the best wrestler, and I'd put Layla and Velvet neck and neck in the hotness department

I always thought Michelle was a very hard worker, and naturally athletic, and the "she's sleeping her way to the top" comments were very unwarranted. That girl would take DDT bumps right on her head, sell like crazy.....do hilarious things in the ring......do lucha dives.....she was good

Who gonna induct Bearer? While some will say "Undertaker should", I don't see it. Bearer has the lowest star power of the announced inductees and will probably be the first induction. Undertaker is not gonna jerk the curtain and break character to induct him, especially with a main event match the next night. I suppose Kane could. Or someone from his World Class days (Hayes?).

This is a unique inductee, since (if this makes sense) it seems they are inducting a character rather than the person. They didn't show any clips in his montage as Percy Pringle and he was never (or couldn't be) Paul Bearer outside of WWE. Will be interesting to see how this is handled.