Pro Wrestling Only

Who is winning the Royal Rumble?

Blehschmidt

The Authority should suspend him for some outlandish reason. It's easy heat, a logical storyline explanation and gets him even more over. They can go all Austin and have him do a quick run-in spot where he takes no bumps if they want to do that. So many ways around it if they want.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Authority should suspend him for some outlandish reason. It's easy heat, a logical storyline explanation and gets him even more over. They can go all Austin and have him do a quick run-in spot where he takes no bumps if they want to do that. So many ways around it if they want.

Agreed, lots of ways around it, but will they chose a creative, angle building way around it without dropping the ball somehow? That's the worry.

I understand that concussions are a serious thing. I know all about the post-Benoit world & the NFL taking injuries more seriously & Junior Seau & all of that stuff. I'm just saying, it will have been about two weeks. If you think Bryan is missing the Rumble in a business that is still a carny business for a concussion, regardless of our more health conscientious society nowadays, you're being naive. Just like the Wellness Policy isn't stopping guys from taking steroids. That can just give Bryan a really high number, like 29.

You could have The Undertaker return & win, maybe? Set-up Cena Vs. The Undertaker if Cena beats Orton for the title. That could work.

I understand that concussions are a serious thing. I know all about the post-Benoit world & the NFL taking injuries more seriously & Junior Seau & all of that stuff. I'm just saying, it will have been about two weeks. If you think Bryan is missing the Rumble in a business that is still a carny business for a concussion, regardless of our more health conscientious society nowadays, you're being naive. Just like the Wellness Policy isn't stopping guys from taking steroids. That can just give Bryan a really high number, like 29.

Well, I could be being naive, but I do believe the WWE, at least on this instance. It's not Cena and it's not Wrestlemania. They have Batista coming back for the Rumble. They probably don't see it as the end of the world.

I just can't see them risking anything now that they are trying to up the brand to double their rights fees and launch the network. Last thing they need now is a round of bad publicity.

Even if Bryan doesn't win, I am glad he is cleared. I am going to the show, and I really look forward to seeing him. Though, I totally hope he wins!

You guys highjacking the show if Bryan is not one of the last 2 guys would be kinda dope and the ultimate "fuck your plans Vince, just push the bearded guy!" :P

The WWE Universe hasn't been this clear on what they want to see in quite a long time.

I think the idea is that the WWE Universe is already tuned in regardless and pushing Batista might draw in some lapsed fans or people who aren't Cornette's hardcore fans or whatever he called them.

http://pwchronicle.blogspot.com/2006/01/an...our-groups.html

I can see Batista pointing to the sign with the whole crowd just chanting No No No No...

This is why it's smart to keep Bryan out of the match completely. If he was in and didn't win it would kill and/or royally piss off the crowd. Batista is super over, the crowd won't shit on him winning.

I could actually see Bray beating him, which would be really dumb. Bray beats him in all the house show cage matches, but Bryan ends up standing tall. If they're really serious about putting The Wyatts in a big Mania match he has to win. And Bryan is basically bulletproof. I'm not totally ruling out the Cena/Bryan/Hogan vs. Wyatts possibility, with Hogan doing nothing in the match basically. If Hogan can't go I could see Warrior in that spot too.

Batista is super over, the crowd won't shit on him winning.

The silence of the crowd tonight when Batista said "I came back to win the Royal Rumble" was pretty noticeable.

When Loss said " The WWE Universe hasn't been this clear on what they want to see in quite a long time" I think he hit the nail on the head.

If Punk runs the gauntlet from number 1 to win the whole thing, that will probably get over just fine, but at this point if anyone else take's the thing, I can see Goodhelmet being right. A whole arena chanting "No, No, No" at the winner.

EDIT: I saw someone post on another board, that with all these MLK promo's tonight, they think he might be a surprise entrant in the Rumble. It made me laugh, so I thought I would share it.

Well, I totally agree that he should be in it, win it, and end WM with the title. But if that's not in the cards keeping him out completely is smart I think. At first I didn't like him challenging Bray and ignoring the Rumble Match, but after thinking about it it makes sense. Since the night after HIAC he's been distracted by and focused on the Wyatts, to the point of obsession now. He stopped chasing the title a while ago and has said as much in his promos where he said the Authority would never let him be champion fair and square and it was a game he couldn't win.