Pro Wrestling Only

Who is winning the Royal Rumble?

Blehschmidt

I've asked this question a couple of times previously, but now that we are a week out, and things keep changing, I will ask it again.

Who do you think is winning the Royal Rumble?

Batista, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Roman Reigns, the loser of Orton/Cena, someone else entirely?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Bryan. There's no fucking way a pro-wrestler is missing the Royal Rumble because of a concussion. Some bullshit Wellness Policy or not.

Then Cena will beat Orton & Brock will beat Cena. Punk will get screwed by The Authority & 'Taker will come back.

Wrestlemania 30:

Brock Lesnar Vs. Daniel Bryan

Triple H Vs. C.M. Punk

John Cena Vs. The Undertaker

Then the other guys, Batista, Orton, Del Rio, whomever they can mess around with Hogan & Big Show or whatever. No one really cares. :P

I guess I should answer the question posed in my own thread.

I am starting to think the Daniel Bryan concussion thing is a work, put out to make people believe that he won't even be in the Rumble, let alone winning it.

I also think the "Batista is coming back and entering the Royal Rumble" stuff is meant to make everyone think he will win. Therefore he probably won't.

So, I am saying Daniel Bryan.

If he is not medically cleared to wrestle, Brock Lesnar wins the Rumble, says he is not waiting and demands his title shot at Elimination Chamber, then Bryan wins the Chamber to get the shot at 'mania.

No matter what they really think of Bryan, I can't see them failing to capitalize on this while it is hot. Even if he ends up the Benoit route (winning the belt at Mania for the mega pop, then being demoted again a month later) if Wrestlemania doesn't end with Bryan holding the World Title and the crowd in attendance doing the YES chant, they are fools.

I definitely see Bryan winning the title at Mania so that the entire Superdome is chanting with him. I'm not nearly as confident he's winning the Rumble yet. I'd want to see some kind of angle tomorrow teasing him in a title program to get that ball rolling to be super confident in a Bryan win, but regardless of the Rumble I fully expect him to be in that scenario come Mania.

Agreed. If he isn't standing at the end of Mania with SIXTY THOUSAND PLUS doing the yes chants just to put in their fucking video packages then fuck this company.

Wasn't there a news bit saying that's exactly what Vince wants? Whether that remains true over the next 3 months is another matter all together, I'll admit. It should be Bryan though. If Batista is staying for 12 months, there's plenty opportunity to get the belt on him in the future. Lesnar doesn't need it to have a hot match at Mania. The best way they could go with it is Cena/Bryan II IMO but there's bound to be a million shitty twists and turns from now to Mania.

Is Batista returning full time? The Royal Rumble is special still so it does not make sense to have him as the winner is he is not going to stick around full time. You need to elevate other people on full time roster instead. Sucks if Bryan is legit injured to miss out in at least wrestling in Rumble. Should have kept Lesnar/Show in the Rumble to add big names to it.

I would like to see a Brock/Batista match, but at the same time I wouldn't be upset if WWE continues to build toward the future. Brock, Taker, HHH, and Batista will all be apart of WM. Jericho has mentioned he would like to be apart as well and RVD is within WWE contract but considers himself part of the WWE family. In that case I wouldn't mind seeing the top 4 matches of WM:

Brock vs. Danielson

Taker vs. Cena

HHH vs. Punk

Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio

toss in Mysterio, Orton, Jericho, RVD , and Hogan and it will be a pretty star-studded show.

Daniel Bryan. There's no fucking way a pro-wrestler is missing the Royal Rumble because of a concussion. Some bullshit Wellness Policy or not.

Then Cena will beat Orton & Brock will beat Cena. Punk will get screwed by The Authority & 'Taker will come back.

Wrestlemania 30:

Brock Lesnar Vs. Daniel Bryan

Triple H Vs. C.M. Punk

John Cena Vs. The Undertaker

Then the other guys, Batista, Orton, Del Rio, whomever they can mess around with Hogan & Big Show or whatever. No one really cares. :P

This is exactly what I've been telling people that I want. Will it happen? Who knows, but Lesnar/Bryan is the best match that hasn't happened yet, and from a story point standpoint, Bryan overcoming a Lesnar asswhooping would be Lesnar/Eddie or Sting/Vader levels of epic star making/feel good moment shit. Cena/Taker I've been wanting for years.

Besides that, I don't want to see HHH in any sort of in-ring capacity and prefer something better for Punk, but there's that match, and you can very easily start up a Batista/Orton program for Mania. I'm curious how Sheamus plugs into all of this. I'd love to see him cross Lesnar at some point (preferably during Lesnars potential title reign). It may or may not make any difference, but I'm thrilled that there's one title again. It's for the best long-term.

Any guesses what the Shield does at Mania? Have a feeling Reigns gets a profile match.

I agree with everybody that Daniel Bryan should win but I don't see it happening.

I think Batista wins the Rumble only because Undertaker eliminates Brock somehow. Batista vs Del Rio is probably gonna be at Elimination Chamber for the Wrestlemania spot.

With Bryan, I could see him doing a 6 man tag with Cena and Hogan (if WWE brings him in) against the Wyatts at Mania.

Cashed in some frequent flier miles and am making the trip to Pittsburg this weekend -- anyone else going?

Really pumped to see Dave, as he is a huge favorite of mine. I quit watching wrestling after the last Nitro, and one of the first RAWs I watched coming back was when Batista collected the bounty on Goldberg which for some stupid reason really pulled me back in. My buddies and I treated Dave like he was our own personal cult figure from then on, and were glad when the rest of the crowd jumped on board. So I'll be jacked to see him live, and will love it if he wins just so I can cheer for my guy.

That being said, if Bryan can go, they'd be crazy not to have him win and go on to Mania. My father insisted on coming down for a visit the weekend of SummerSlam, so I wasn't able to go, but I was in Anaheim the next night and that crowd seemed hotter for Bryan than Staples was for the Punk vs. Cena match in 2011. If he ends up winning the Rumble, you'd have to figure the place will come unglued and I'd love to experience something like that live (it seems like every big show I go to has a screwy finish or a heel going over -- No Way Out 2008, SummerSlam 2011, SummerSlam 2012, etc.).

I think the winning spot carries a little more weight this year than it has in a long time because there is once again only one world championship. They can still get screwy between now and Mania, but I think the likelihood of the guy who will headline the show winning the Rumble is higher than it has been in a long time.

Well if Daniel Bryan is not cleared to wrestle, he's not doing the Rumble. Pretty simple

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. Just like Mysterio pissed hot two months later, right?

There's a difference between a concussion and a piss test

Yeah, absolutely no way they are going to risk Bryan working concussed nowadays with all the stuff going on with NFL's settlements. Bryan's alleged concussion history has already been discussed here lately. If he were to have problems later in life this could be an incident that 10 or 15 or 20 years down the line him or his family could point out and cash in a huge settlement. If they want to have Bryan winning the main event at Mania they will find a way to do so even if he's not in the Rumble.