Pro Wrestling Only

Who is winning the Royal Rumble?

Blehschmidt

From a build-up standpoint, I can see how people would hate the card. As a Daniel Bryan fan, I can see how people would hate the card. Putting the matches in a tunnel and watching them individually, I could see 4 of the 5 delivering pretty good results.

Exactly. If you gave me any of those matches on TV with ample time, I'd be pretty stoked. I expect more than a good match with sufficient time at Mania, whether it be a fresh match up or compelling angles setting the stakes and table. Last year's show didn't meet expectations in the ring, but if this is the lineup, I was a hell of a lot more stoked heading into that show than this one.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a build-up standpoint, I can see how people would hate the card. As a Daniel Bryan fan, I can see how people would hate the card. Putting the matches in a tunnel and watching them individually, I could see 4 of the 5 delivering pretty good results.

Which is the shit match, Punk/HHH? I don't know if a motivated Punk can make HHH good or even interesting, and we're pretty fuckin' far from having a motivated Punk these days.

Which is the shit match, Punk/HHH? I don't know if a motivated Punk can make HHH good or even interesting, and we're pretty fuckin' far from having a motivated Punk these days.

No, I think Batista-Orton has a chance to shit the bed because he hasn't wrestled in 5 years and isn't in ring shape. Plus, once the welcome back shine wears off, how long before this DB crowd turns on him?

For Punk-HHH, I know Trips likes stipulation matches so if they throw a stip on it, it could be interesting.

Are there more than 10 people on this Earth who say to themselves on Monday afternoon, "Gee, I really need to tune into RAW tonight so I can watch Randy Orton."

If I died and went to heaven and Jesus allowed me to create my own personal dream wrestling card that I could enjoy while sitting on a nice puffy cloud, but said the card must include one Randy Orton match, I'd tell Jesus no thanks and go down to hell instead.

Also, am I crazy to think that even a Cena/Bryan rematch without the title would mean more to the show from a business standpoint than the current plan? You can book that to go longer than either Bray or Sheamus match, find a few extra minutes for other deserving matches (Taker, Shield) and improve the show's bottom line and in-ring product.

WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan was interviewed by StraitsTimes.com and spoke about a number of topics, including the fact that he is not currently scheduled to participate in Sunday's 30-man Royal Rumble match. Here are some highlights of what he said about:

His Yes Chant:

"It's happening all over the world and it's really cool. I think this is the biggest reason for my success. The coolest thing is how the fans have gotten behind me. How they've joined the 'Yes' movement. It's just been crazy. People will just break out in chants at any given time during a show and they do it all around the world. I love what I do and what I do is fun. I'm very confident in my ability to go out there and perform."

Not Being Booked For The Royal Rumble Match:

"As of now, I'm not in the 30-man Royal Rumble match, I'm trying to get involved in it. (WWE) COO Triple H doesn't want me anywhere in the Royal Rumble match."

Getting Over Without WWE's Full Support:

"The company doesn't necessarily want somebody like me at the top. I'm not what they think a WWE superstar should look like, but because the WWE fans have been so loud and vocal in their support of me, they kind of had to put me at the top of the card because people want to see it," he noted proudly. I'm just thankful every day for how awesome my fans have been."

Bryan saying he's "trying to get in" the Rumble in a pretty kayfabe interview (name dropping Trips as COO and all) gives me some hope.

I think the main reason they haven't done that match again is that they don't want to give anyone two wins over Cena, and know what the reaction will be if Cena beats him.

Fair point. I know it would never, ever happen in WWE, but I'd be kind of interested to see them book a time limit draw in that kind of match. Cena's "protected", Bryan loses nothing and you build for a 3rd match when one of them (likely Bryan because Cena needs to get his win back) has title.

Or you let Cena get the win at Mania with plans to put the title on Bryan shortly thereafter or over the summer.

All fun to think and talk about.

WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan was interviewed by StraitsTimes.com and spoke about a number of topics, including the fact that he is not currently scheduled to participate in Sunday's 30-man Royal Rumble match. Here are some highlights of what he said about:

His Yes Chant:

"It's happening all over the world and it's really cool. I think this is the biggest reason for my success. The coolest thing is how the fans have gotten behind me. How they've joined the 'Yes' movement. It's just been crazy. People will just break out in chants at any given time during a show and they do it all around the world. I love what I do and what I do is fun. I'm very confident in my ability to go out there and perform."

"As of now, I'm not in the 30-man Royal Rumble match, I'm trying to get involved in it. (WWE) COO Triple H doesn't want me anywhere in the Royal Rumble match."

"The company doesn't necessarily want somebody like me at the top. I'm not what they think a WWE superstar should look like, but because the WWE fans have been so loud and vocal in their support of me, they kind of had to put me at the top of the card because people want to see it," he noted proudly. I'm just thankful every day for how awesome my fans have been."

Bryan saying he's "trying to get in" the Rumble in a pretty kayfabe interview (name dropping Trips as COO and all) gives me some hope.

Yes, this gives me hope that we're all being worked.

His Yes Chant:

Yes, this gives me hope that we're all being worked.

I so hope so. Let me reiterate that I've never been this depressed following wrestling. Not even in 1995. Well I didn't know any better back then

The funny thing about Sheamus v. Bryan is that I think it would likely be the best MATCH if given time of any (viable) potential Bryan opponent. Still, I am a huge Sheamus fan (as a worker, fuck him as a character), and even I can't defend the idea of that match, at least not on paper.

I will say that I think it is obvious that they are long term building to Brock v. Batista at some point. If that point is not Mania, it will have to be sometime very soon after, unless the WWE is fairly certain Brock is staying on for longer (I THINK his deal is up right around Mania no?). It would honestly not shock me if that was the Mania match.

I also think there is a very good chance either Brock, or more likely Taker, will be in the Rumble Sunday to set things up for their match if the WWE is actually going that route

The thing is, if Daniel Bryan isn't in the Royal Rumble, I don't want to order it. But I'll be really pissed if he's a surprise entrant and wins and I didn't.

Do I sound like a spoiled brat pro wrestling fan? Oh I'm sure of that, but whatever. The three ppvs following Summerslam were the first non big four ppvs I ordered in years. And when Big Show/Orton headlined without Daniel Bryan at the Survivor Series, I saved my money.

Now I've been holding out for them saving the Daniel Bryan (real) title reign for Wrestlemania, but if he's not even in the Rumble the hope is pretty much over prematurely.

The thing is, if Daniel Bryan isn't in the Royal Rumble, I don't want to order it. But I'll be really pissed if he's a surprise entrant and wins and I didn't.

My plan is to not purchase the show (*unless* my school calls the night before and closes school Monday - I'm a teacher), BUT as a cold/snow day is pretty much guaranteed for Tuesday in northeast Ohio, I'm contemplating buying the replay in lieu of watching Raw IF Daniel Bryan does win the Rumble and the rest of the card is well-reviewed.

My hope is that Bryan is given the #2 spot as a double f-u to both Punk and Bryan (plus, this would play on the fact that the Rumble is all about friends taking out friends), they both last until close to the end, and then we end up with Batista, Sheamus, Wyatt, and Reigns all still in it towards the end. From there, things can go a myriad of ways with or without interference from Lesnar/HHH/Taker, but the last man standing will be Bryan, who will lead the crowd in another big Yes chant (which should also be the end of WMXXX).

Honestly, its really silly, but this is Daniel Bryan's year and anything short of him winning the Rumble and title at WrestleMania seems underwhelming to me. Its what the story set up months ago and fairy tales need fairy tale endings. Bryan/Sheamus might be a great match, but I could only compare that sort of booking to Shawn Michaels in 96' wrestling Bret Hart at the Rumble, losing, then facing Ahmed Johnson at WrestleMania 12.

There was probably at 25% chance I would order Royal Rumble if Bryan was in it. That is huge for someone like me who has not ordered a PPV since 2006. His health issues and being put in a singles match on show has probably burst my bubble of ordering show now. But damn will I completely second guess myself if he ends up being a surprise entrant.

Since WWE has always been in love with angles where the heels are actually right, I can see them doing an angle where Bryan jumps someone at the rumble and "steals" their spot, then he wins it, only to have HHH and friends tell him no, no, no.

I just have a hard time believing he won't be involved somehow.