Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber

goodhelmet

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

complaining that this match wasn't a wild, violent brawl from the start when you knew going into it that it was a straight 1 fall no-gimmick match seems kind of silly to me.

It's valid to complain about the booking in this case because these two teams probably deserve a gimmick match, but the match itself given the constraints of the rules was absolutely perfect.

And lots of heated feuds in the history of wrestling have started as brawls from the beginning and stayed that way.

What are the chances they have a gimmicked rematch at Mania?

That's what I'm hoping so much. That would be the right way to go with all this, but I have a feeling they'll fuck it up and split the Shield before Mania.

complaining that this match wasn't a wild, violent brawl from the start when you knew going into it that it was a straight 1 fall no-gimmick match seems kind of silly to me.

It's valid to complain about the booking in this case because these two teams probably deserve a gimmick match, but the match itself given the constraints of the rules was absolutely perfect.

A match doesn't have to be billed as a brawl to be a brawl. Besides, I don't mean to harp on this. They delivered the best match of the year. It's not something that ruined the match for me. It was a flaw that stood out to me in an otherwise classic match.

A match doesn't have to be billed as a brawl to be a brawl. Besides, I don't mean to harp on this. They delivered the best match of the year. It's not something that ruined the match for me. It was a flaw that stood out to me in an otherwise classic match.

We are disagreeing with the idea it was flawed.

Let's play devil's advocate for a minute here. How much business do we think they lose by sticking with Orton/Batista as the title match at Mania rather than calling an audible. The gate will be the same. Will the buyrate be markedly different with Bryan or someone else in the title match? The crowd reactions and chants are likely going to make it an embarrassing night for a bunch of the performers. But what is the impact on dollars and cents?

Let's play devil's advocate for a minute here. How much business do we think they lose by sticking with Orton/Batista as the title match at Mania rather than calling an audible. The gate will be the same. Will the buyrate be markedly different with Bryan or someone else in the title match? The crowd reactions and chants are likely going to make it an embarrassing night for a bunch of the performers. But what is the impact on dollars and cents?

At Mania? None. Going forward after that... depends how they book him.

If Big Dave turned heel would it change anything?!

At least him getting shit on in that case would work to their advantage.

I never believed in X-Pac heat in the case of X-Pac, but Batista is getting complete X-Pac heat right now.

yeah definitely but at least if you let him act as the heel foil for Bryan, the heat would work for them instead of against them. When a guy is actually working heel, then X-pac heat is harder to distinguish from genuine heel heat.

At Mania? None. Going forward after that... depends how they book him.

That's what I figure. They can go with this and not see much difference in the short term, but I think they they don't remedy it soon then they'll be in for some bad news.