Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber

goodhelmet

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually does fit because neither the Shield or the Wyatts have ever been guys who didn't prove they couldn't go in the ring. Then when that segment is done, shit heats up. Hell, I was more upset with the way that Titus-Young turned out because that actually had bad blood. It wasn't like anybody bled or was laid out leading to the six man.

I loved how that fell apart every so often to get the crowd hot and then would go back to a heat segment. It made the eventual fight so much more awesome. I thought Rollins had a real coming out party tonight, Ambrose running around like a lunatic jumping on people, breaking things up and brawling into the crowd was great, Rowan and Harper brought their best stuff, especially the latter's awesome dive. Those last ten minutes felt like two teams throwing increasingly crazy shit at the wall in desperation and it built perfectly.

They were trading punches at the end of RAW. It looked like if they were in the same vicinity, fists would immediately fly and no one would be able to control them. And they did at the beginning, but then it settled down. It's a small gripe. It was a great match. But I was hoping for Cactus/Sullivan vs Nastys at Slamboree '94-type layout from the beginning.

I completely disagree with Loss on this, and think Wyatts v. Shield was a MOTY level match and completely in keeping with the match that was built. Rollins looked like a star on the order of every one else, Ambrose was great as the reckless pitbull, Bray was the violent nutcase, Reigns was awesome as always, Rowan served his role, and Harper continues to look like one of the best over all workers in wrestling. The psychology of the match was outstanding to, with The Shield eventually falling to their own tactics.

Ok, that definitely turned out awesome. I'll never complain about a match that great. It's probably the best thing I've seen in 2014. I loved it. I just think all the "traditional" stuff at the beginning didn't fit.

I thought they had it just right with Ambrose being unleashed, but then it was a bit weird, though still sort of fitting for the setting. WWE matches never work like lucha rudos brawls. They just don't. That doesn't exist in this universe.

I don't have a ton to say. I like how Ambrose and Rollins both got FIPs and then the odds were against Reigns the most of all. I've never liked Ambrose more than when he was doing those crazy flurries charging at Bray. I thought they didn't get the Superman punches looking quite as good as usual here, but it's fine. I thought Rollins' burst of offense was really good. It was to the point where they could have shown the entire thing on the reply and it would have made sense.

And that moment of Reigns powering out. They can reshow that for years.

I completely disagree with Loss on this, and think Wyatts v. Shield was a MOTY level match and completely in keeping with the match that was built. Rollins looked like a star on the order of every one else, Ambrose was great as the reckless pitbull, Bray was the violent nutcase, Reigns was awesome as always, Rowan served his role, and Harper continues to look like one of the best over all workers in wrestling. The psychology of the match was outstanding to, with The Shield eventually falling to their own tactics.

I don't disagree with any of that and don't want it to come across like I'm dogging the match. I called it my MOTY too by the way. But I didn't like the part of the match they worked like a traditional tag. It was worked really really well, but I thought it was so orderly that it was out of character for everyone involved.

I don't disagree with any of that and don't want it to come across like I'm dogging the match. I called it my MOTY too by the way. But I didn't like the part of the match they worked like a traditional tag. It was worked really really well, but I thought it was so orderly that it was out of character for everyone involved.

Shield and Wyatts have been involved in far more normal tags than brawls. This reminded me of one of those Choshu's Army multi-man matches