Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I am more upset that they promised every Hall of Fame show and yet no 1994, 1995, and 1996 full show which has never been seen in full.

They have what they can from those years now (weren't meant for full airing I suppose)

From another forum:

They added a clipped / Best Of version of the 1995 HOF, which in the description sounds like an episode Vintage Collection... but it's not, it's a 25 minute version of the show with Gene and Renee hosting it and an apology on screen saying this is all that's left due to technical problems with the original video.

Edit: 44 minute version of 1994 and 48 minute version of 1996 are up now.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...an apology on screen saying this is all that's left due to technical problems with the original video.

Amazingly sloppy by WWE's normally very high standards. Usually they've always been top-notch about preserving their footage...even dating back to the '70s and '80s. I wonder what the hell happened here.

I can't even watch anything right now and it's been this way for a couple days. Just keeps skipping and jumping in and out of HD. Watching on Amazon Fire TV. Netflix and everything else works fine. WWE's website is useless when it comes to troubleshooting. Is there a way to notify them of problems without twitter?

Given that this is a couple of weeks old I'm not sure if you're still having issues, but I got a super quick response from their support account on Twitter (@AskWWENetwork) by making a series of post complaining about the Network not working on 2 different devices and tagging the main Network account (@WWENetwork) in them. They seem to be motivated pretty quickly by potential negative publicity.

...an apology on screen saying this is all that's left due to technical problems with the original video.

Amazingly sloppy by WWE's normally very high standards. Usually they've always been top-notch about preserving their footage...even dating back to the '70s and '80s. I wonder what the hell happened here.

Pretty sure they weren't preserved since I don't think they were meant to be seen outside of a few clips on Raw or Superstars at the time.

I can't even watch anything right now and it's been this way for a couple days. Just keeps skipping and jumping in and out of HD. Watching on Amazon Fire TV. Netflix and everything else works fine. WWE's website is useless when it comes to troubleshooting. Is there a way to notify them of problems without twitter?

Given that this is a couple of weeks old I'm not sure if you're still having issues, but I got a super quick response from their support account on Twitter (@AskWWENetwork) by making a series of post complaining about the Network not working on 2 different devices and tagging the main Network account (@WWENetwork) in them. They seem to be motivated pretty quickly by potential negative publicity.

I got an incident number from when I called their customer service. I ended up getting through to someone who actually was somewhat helpful, but he never called me back like he said he would and this has been going on for a couple weeks. I've called them a few times and referenced the number and all they can tell me is that it's being looked at by upper management. Apparently they didn't have an amazon fire device in their building so they needed to find one to test.

My live stream works fine outside of the same problems everyone else has. The on demand stuff is where it's really bad. The weird thing is, all the HD stuff works fairly decent. But if I try to watch old ECW or a World Class episode, it can barely play for three seconds without freezing.

Oh, and they play entrance music when you're on hold. I got to hear Jack Swagger's Real American theme while I was on hold. With the Indian Call Center. :)

After not getting the $25 coupon despite being signed up since the beginning, I received an e-mail (kick in the balls) the other day saying my account was about to be unsubscribed. Sure enough, without any action on my part (credit card remains valid and healthy), they unsubscribed me.

Pretty sure they weren't preserved since I don't think they were meant to be seen outside of a few clips on Raw or Superstars at the time.

They were done in hotel ballrooms, and as far as I could tell it they didn't have a paying audience.

This was right before the nostalgia bloom took off, so while they were still putting the older matches on tapes, they probably didn't see any profit being made from making the ceremonies commercially available, or treated as something beyond "this is what happened last week at this public appearance/movie premiere/etc" sort of clipped footage inserted into their programming.

Did James Dudley give an acceptance speech? Poor guy looks like he barely knows where he is.

X Pac told a story a while back on one of his shoots where Dudley had pissed himself backstage and it was a heartbreaking thing to see, and that Vince went to great lengths to protect him. But you're right, seeing him flicking through a magazine during the speeches he didn't look with it.

In the same above shoot, Pac tells a story of Bret Hart giving a great speech and him getting ribbed to lead a standing ovation - but he was the only one standing and just sat down. I really wish they included that.

Plus they're 100% kayfabe-free. Even after Montreal it took awhile for them to get comfortable with that "let's talk about match layouts and spot calling" mode. I'm a bit surprised they taped as much as they did.

Yeah it would have been something to see George Steele giving a normal speech on 1994 WWF TV. It was still kind of jarring when I saw it on WWE 24/7 a couple of years ago.

Plus they're 100% kayfabe-free. Even after Montreal it took awhile for them to get comfortable with that "let's talk about match layouts and spot calling" mode. I'm a bit surprised they taped as much as they did.

Yeah it would have been something to see George Steele giving a normal speech on 1994 WWF TV. It was still kind of jarring when I saw it on WWE 24/7 a couple of years ago.

They showed him speaking on all of the TV highlights in 1994. I remember the magazine and the TV pushing "the animal finally speaks!" at the time.

I watched the 2004 HoF last night. I still love watching Heenan, Race (and Flair introducing him) and Ventura's induction speeches. I still wish they did them in those environments more conducive to more thoughtful speeches. It's not to say there hasn't been more like that since then, but the WWE can't help being the WWE sometimes.

I still wish they did them in those environments more conducive to more thoughtful speeches. It's not to say there hasn't been more like that since then, but the WWE can't help being the WWE sometimes.

Yep. They couldn't even limit themselves to theaters. It's not surprising that anyone wouldn't skip on a huge gate like that, but it sure has become a less interesting, more embarrassing-to-be-a-fan night of television.

I still wish they did them in those environments more conducive to more thoughtful speeches. It's not to say there hasn't been more like that since then, but the WWE can't help being the WWE sometimes.

Yep. They couldn't even limit themselves to theaters. It's not surprising that anyone wouldn't skip on a huge gate like that, but it sure has become a less interesting, more embarrassing-to-be-a-fan night of television.

Watching the 2005 one. You know, Canton has the same setup, essentailly an outdoor stadium, probably college sized, yet why are fans much more civil during speeches at the Pro Football HOF ceremonies?