Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... it's been a year and it is like it is. If you want to watch AWA or Mid South or old Nitros buy DVD's or look at youtube/dailymotion. It may take years for any of that stuff to be available in an episodic format.

So, I was watching that Mid Atlantic episode with Rufus/Pez vs Koloff/Kernodle and there's this tremendous skit where Flair goes to Blackjack's ranch to ask for help to get rid of Wahoo and Blanchard. Mulligan and Dusty and their buddies ("my family") are around a bonfire drinking beer and holding rifles so Flair rips off the top part of his expensive three piece suit to show that he's one of them. Also Mulligan says that he likes heavy set women and offers Flair a beer (which he proceeds to uncap by using his teeth). This was ten stars even if they keep referring to Wahoo "McDaniels", which is a pet peeve of mine.

Yeah... it's been a year and it is like it is. If you want to watch AWA or Mid South or old Nitros buy DVD's or look at youtube/dailymotion. It may take years for any of that stuff to be available in an episodic format.

So, I was watching that Mid Atlantic episode with Rufus/Pez vs Koloff/Kernodle and there's this tremendous skit where Flair goes to Blackjack's ranch to ask for help to get rid of Wahoo and Blanchard. Mulligan and Dusty and their buddies ("my family") are around a bonfire drinking beer and holding rifles so Flair rips off the top part of his expensive three piece suit to show that he's one of them. Also Mulligan says that he likes heavy set women and offers Flair a beer (which he proceeds to uncap by using his teeth). This was ten stars even if they keep referring to Wahoo "McDaniels", which is a pet peeve of mine.

I wish they would've shown the 2nd part of that skit but I think it aired the following week on TV where Mulligan accepts Flair's offer. We have it though and will be on the JCP set

For some reason, I watched that Crazy Love special. It was on the live feed, and I needed something to fall asleep to. Nothing groundbreaking here - just a look at past romance angles, and various WWE and NXT personalities saying which wrestlers they'd date if they could. Renee Young gave every fan hope by picking Mick Foley.

Anyway, the reason this is post-worthy is because Chyna was all over this special.

Edited

They edited out a midget match and Muraco vs Santana even though they refer to the latter in the show description. However Tony Garea vs Jose Luis Rivera was left there in its entirety. That was an odd edit.

There's some other show where one of the devices (Android, I think) mentions a Mil Mascaras vs Moondog King match that isn't there either. Not a big deal but it looks like they are recycling descriptions from 24/7 or something.

Editing out that Tito/Muraco match for the best. What a borefest. Only Muraco could extinguish Tito's eternal flame

Edited

They edited out a midget match and Muraco vs Santana even though they refer to the latter in the show description. However Tony Garea vs Jose Luis Rivera was left there in its entirety. That was an odd edit.

There's some other show where one of the devices (Android, I think) mentions a Mil Mascaras vs Moondog King match that isn't there either. Not a big deal but it looks like they are recycling descriptions from 24/7 or something.

Editing out that Tito/Muraco match for the best. What a borefest. Only Muraco could extinguish Tito's eternal flame

I can't even watch anything right now and it's been this way for a couple days. Just keeps skipping and jumping in and out of HD. Watching on Amazon Fire TV. Netflix and everything else works fine. WWE's website is useless when it comes to troubleshooting. Is there a way to notify them of problems without twitter?

I can't even watch anything right now and it's been this way for a couple days. Just keeps skipping and jumping in and out of HD. Watching on Amazon Fire TV. Netflix and everything else works fine. WWE's website is useless when it comes to troubleshooting. Is there a way to notify them of problems without twitter?

Roku seems to be working absolutely fine.

Roku seems to be working absolutely fine.

Hardly going to help The Chief with his issue, but good to know.

Chief: In the first instance I'd contact support via Amazon to see what they suggest as I doubt you'll get anywhere via WWE channels.

Thanks cheapshot, I'm pretty sure it's not my Fire since all other streaming apps are working just fine. The app is working better now, but I did email their customer support to let them know about the issue. We'll see what they say.

It's odd because I notice the problems are much worse when I'm watching something that's 30 minutes to an hour. Longer shows like PPV's don't give me nearly as much trouble.

They really need to implement some better troubleshooting on their website. It's not easy trying to figure out how to contact someone once I've run through all of their options (is your internet plugged in? is your WiFi transmitting a signal? sigh...). Or at least some kind of 24 hour notifcation system to let you know if they're experiencing problems.

Thanks cheapshot, I'm pretty sure it's not my Fire since all other streaming apps are working just fine. The app is working better now, but I did email their customer support to let them know about the issue. We'll see what they say.

It's odd because I notice the problems are much worse when I'm watching something that's 30 minutes to an hour. Longer shows like PPV's don't give me nearly as much trouble.

They really need to implement some better troubleshooting on their website. It's not easy trying to figure out how to contact someone once I've run through all of their options (is your internet plugged in? is your WiFi transmitting a signal? sigh...). Or at least some kind of 24 hour notifcation system to let you know if they're experiencing problems.

I completely agree with this regarding them having a status page like http://status.last.fm/ for example, as this would help.

I seem to recall hearing, ages ago, that part of the reason to let Austin just be himself had to do with him doing commentary on Raw. The 7/22/96 Raw features Austin on commentary during Marc Mero vs. The Goon, and Austin is a riot. At one point he brings up the Lex Express, and tells Vince that he wants his own tour bus.

So I just found out that as of this coming Wednesday, the 25th of February - the WWE Network will finally be available to those of us in Canada who have Satellite TV through Bell Canada, on channel 1446. I`m not sure if there is any sort of promo offering a free month or something like that, but if there is I will obviously get it so I can get Wrestlemania for free. Otherwise, I am not sure I will bother with it.

So I just found out that as of this coming Wednesday, the 25th of February - the WWE Network will finally be available to those of us in Canada who have Satellite TV through Bell Canada, on channel 1446. I`m not sure if there is any sort of promo offering a free month or something like that, but if there is I will obviously get it so I can get Wrestlemania for free. Otherwise, I am not sure I will bother with it.

I'll be curious as to how the On-Demand stuff is presented as this is apparently an issue with satellite providers, as opposed to cable-based ones.

The Network is almost a year old now. It's a shame the vast majority of archive content hasn't changed much since launch on reflection.

Yeah, I assumed it would be something more like COD but with a permanent library + the current product. Silly me.

I think if they didn't have to make so many budget cuts, many related to The Network, in order to not lose as much money, the library would be far more expanded. I remember either Bix or Mike Johnson wrote about how much of a pain it is to digitize everything AND add closed captioning for everything. They probably don't have the man power to do it. Sucks.