Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured it was blanket thing for most long-term subscribers, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. I'm pissed at myself because I accidentally let my subscription expire and had to subscribe again, so I'll probably miss out the next time they do something like that.

I figured it was blanket thing for most long-term subscribers, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. I'm pissed at myself because I accidentally let my subscription expire and had to subscribe again, so I'll probably miss out the next time they do something like that.

I got a free emoji is all...

I half-suspect that it's not a case of intentionally deleting stuff as a policy, but more that they've got caught up in some technical or bureacratic loophole. Two of the shows (an MSG house show and a World Class TV) are still available, but both have been moved to the respective categories. It's surely nop coincidence that these are the only two shows where a relevant category already still exists.

It's utterly ludicrous that they are deleting stuff while still keeping up things like Smackdown preview shows or the Hall of Fame 2014 Red Carper event.

Every time people complain about stuff being removed from the Network, it comes back a couple weeks later. As far as I know they still haven't deleted something permanently from the Network. My guess is that they are pulling it off to one of those cute little flower boxes in the title. Besides since I have lived off of Classics on Demand for about 5 or 6 years, I am used to making sure that I watch things before the end of month. It isn't like they stuff was up in the last week.

I am more upset that they promised every Hall of Fame show and yet no 1994, 1995, and 1996 full show which has never been seen in full.

Quite a bit of the stuff from the 12 Days Of Attitude disappeared and never came back. This isn't the same thing as the two or three days of stuff being down while music edits are made.

Should also add that the files themselves have been removed, so it's not just a case of them sitting there waiting to be added to a new category.

Even leaving aside the fact that they repeatedly promised nothing will be deleted, there's absolutely no reason to remove stuff. There are no licensing issues and server space clearly isn't an issue given what is left off. There's a bunch of stuff I'd have liked to have watched in Black History Month but didn't get time, and the only way I would have done so is if I made a particular point of not watching any contemporary wrestling for a couple of weeks and specifically working my way through the "temporary" stuff. At that point it stops being a useful VOD archive and instead becomes closer to a case of WWE deciding what I have to watch and when.

Also, while I'm absolutely clear this is not WWE's intention in any way, it does look a bit tokenistic to put up a load of stuff featuring black wrestlers and then remove it the moment Black History Month ends.

After just adding one show in the last couple weeks, they just dumped a bunch of 1996 Raws to get them all the way up to September (they were in July before). I guess we'll soon see if my theory was correct and they start adding more Nitros when Raw catches up.

It's kind of sad for me to think about how excited I was about the Network at launch and now I don't even consider re-subscribing. I guess I just thought they would do a lot more with their archive footage. I'm not hurting for wrestling to watch though so I'm not going to just give them my money for something that I was using MAYBE twice a month.