Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Doesn't the fact they are in their own section indicate that they are going to be taken down? Why do that? Why not just add them to the main Raw section?

Maybe because that has been a constant request that they felt "obligated" to do notify subscribers and users (this month is free) what stuff is considered part of the official Attitude Era.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that they probably think (and rightfully so) that some people wouldn't notice if they were silently uploaded in their folders. It's kind of ridiculous that there's nowhere on the network itself to see what has been uploaded recently. I know that there's a reddit bot and a twitter bot out there... but the latter has got only 3000 subscribers.

For what it's worth, whenever they put up a temporary section and then take it down, the usual deal seems to be that anything that can fit into an existing section (eg World Class TV) gets moved there and everything else gets deleted.

Of course, there's no real reason to delete anything. I get the horrible impression they've set the menu structure up so that there's a limit on how many sections they can have and how many things can be displayed in each section. As I've previously mentioned, there are a few things such as the 1993 and 1994 Hall of Fame that are still up there (and can be accessed if you have the URL) but can't be accessed through any of the menus.

As I've previously mentioned, there are a few things such as the 1993 and 1994 Hall of Fame that are still up there (and can be accessed if you have the URL) but can't be accessed through any of the menus.

Can you give us those URLs or link us to a source that has them?

Complete list in chronological order: http://www.reddit.com/r/wwenetwork/wiki/wwe_network_shows#wiki_1994

Hall of Fame section from a different site, which has stuff in the same sections as the Network itself: http://returntotherunway.com/wwenetwork/getCategory.php?category=Wwe%20Hall%20Of%20Fame

On the latter, you need to click on the eye icon to the left to go to the relevant WWE Network page. For stuff that's been deleted you'll still get a page, with listing, on WWE Network but the video will just bring up an error message.

Note also on the latter you can not only choose 'Wrestlers' to get a list of all the matches a guy has on the network, but you can then go to 'rivals and partners' to get all their matches against a particular person, in date order, including tags, and without spoilers. Why WWE can't do this is another matter...

Decided to watch a 98 Raw while it's up there, popped in the night after KOTR. Some thoughts:

Physically, Regal looks horrible. But even if he was in shape, I don't think there's a chance in hell his style gets over in front of a 1998 WWF crowd.

Everything the DOA gets involved in is terrible.

Ken Shamrock is seriously the most uncoordinated, dangerous looking wrestler of all time. He's trying, but there's such a recklessness to everything he does. It's kind of uncomfortable to watch.

I haven't seen any of the Brawl For All stuff since it aired. I'll admit, I kind of liked it. Some of these match ups are interesting to watch with the proper context. You can tell Steve Blackman is winning his match as diplomatically as possible. IIRC, he dropped out after the first round because he thought it was ridiculous. Such a bizarre experiment.

They DON'T EVEN MENTION Mankind getting tossed off the cell the night before. There's some brief lip service to it in the main event and Foley is in a backstage segment with Kane and Paul Bearer, besides that, nothing. This completely shocked me given how important the incident is in WWE lore.

I have been watching some late 97 and early 98 Raws from the last batch upload, mostly as background noise while I do other things. I had not watched any of these since they aired and they are as horrible as I remembered them being. Undertaker, HHH and Shawn Michaels are so bad at promos that it is embarrassing.

I have been watching some late 97 and early 98 Raws from the last batch upload, mostly as background noise while I do other things. I had not watched any of these since they aired and they are as horrible as I remembered them being. Undertaker, HHH and Shawn Michaels are so bad at promos that it is embarrassing.

Yeah, the Michaels promos from the screwjob onwards are awful, It's weird because, as he settled into a natural heel role through 97, he was great. But his run through November 97-Mania isn't great at all.

Weird situation with King of the Ring where it was kind of announced last night as a flashed logo, only to have the first half of the tournament tonight and the second half live Tuesday on the network. 1st round is:

Dean Ambrose vs. Sheamus

Neville vs. Luke Harper

R-Truth vs. Stardust

Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett

Feels like an obvious win for Barrett as an extension of his character, and an appetite suppressant for lack of an IC title picture right now. Sheamus has already won one of these and none of the other options make sense, unless they want Ambrose to become even more of a comedy goof. Also kind of odd that we've seen so many of the potential finals (Barrett-Ambrose, Barrett-Neville, Ziggler-Sheamus) in recent weeks. For novelty alone I'd be inclined to go heel v. heel in the finals and just have Sheamus and Barrett lariat each other for 10 minutes.