Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about these shows are the promos. I cannot watch a wrestling match in a shitty studio like that (insert TNA joke here). I am not going to lie and pretend I am watching the matches, just the promos for me. Also, what is with Tony's mic? In every episode I've seen thus far (granted its only been four), Dave's mic cover is ON his mic while Tony's is not pulled down all the way. Does anyone know if this was on purpose or did Tony just have weak hands?

Yeah, the promos are such a breath of fresh air. In an era where "enemy of the authority" Roman Reigns is allowed to open the show with full theme music and talk for 20 mins about hating his bosses, seeing Ronnie Garvin take less than 3m to explain why he's dropping the MACW title was so refreshing, and crucially more interesting. It shows how far things have gone when the show from 30 years ago is the one that feels more exciting.

The Tony/David/Tommy Young/Ric Flair segment from the 12/7/85 episode is amazing. Tony and David interview Tommy about the finish of the Starrcade title match, and David sounds like a lawyer doing a cross examination, trying to plead his case for Dusty to be the new champion. Flair comes out and completely rips David apart.

I think Sek nailed it. Someone saw the popularity of NWA Classics, and realized there's a viable market for classic wrestling. I'm hoping to see Memphis and Florida go up next!

It's almost like someone predicted that would happen...

That is why I encourage everyone who wants them to upload more territory footage to subscribe to NWAClassics. I mean the service by itself is fucking awesome and you'll very much enjoy it but if it becomes enough of a success then we all know it's in WWE's petty nature to decide to try and steal it's subscribers by suddenly going crazy uploading Mid-South stuff.