Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I know we all already know this, but you search the WWE Network for Nick Bockwinkel and you get precisely one match, and it's from WCW, and well past his prime. Brilliant.

Yep. Had the same experience last night. What a joke!

Also tells you how bad the search feature is since I am pretty sure they have the AWA documentary on the Network as well. Thought there was plenty of Bockwinkel on it

I watched the Best Vignettes episode of The WWE List. No surprises, other than Kharma (which was unexpected), but still a fun look back at all of the usual suspects - and some outtakes that were absolutely perfect. :)

One thing I don't understand is why WWE uses d-list celebrities for this show. If most of us have never heard of them, they're not real celebrities. For example, who the fuck is Ron Funches? (Nothing against Ron - I'd also pick on the other quasi-celeb lady with the NY/NJ accent, but I can't remember her name.) The only real celeb they used was Melissa Joan Hart, and they should be on their hands and knees thankful she's a fan. This show would be so much better if they used more wrestlers and less/no celebs. The wrestlers they do use are an odd assortment of legends (Jake) and barely-on-TV-yet NXT wrestlers (Elias Samson), so they have the right idea there.

There was one mildly surprising talking head appearance by an older wrestler you wouldn't necessarily have expected, but try as I might, I can't remember who it was now. Hopefully someone else watched the show and can jog my memory. If it comes to me, I'll edit the post.

Edit: Virgil is probably who I was thinking of.

The fact that Ron Funches is on there actually makes we want to watch it now! Dude's pretty funny.

He's on most of the ones I've seen. He may be a funny comedian (I have no idea), but as a talking head, he's about as effective as any random fan would be - not very.

The fact that Ron Funches is on there actually makes we want to watch it now! Dude's pretty funny.

He's on most of the ones I've seen. He may be a funny comedian (I have no idea), but as a talking head, he's about as effective as any random fan would be - not very.

He's a regular on @Midnight with Chris Hardwick, and he's always throwing old-school wrestling references in on that show. Huge fan. He dressed as Ric Flair and did the Flair character for the whole Halloween episode.

He's very funny on that show, I like him.

I am beyond irate that they have been sitting on a Randy Savage-Undertaker match for over 24 years now and have not found a use for it.

Bob Backlund vs. Adrian Adonis MSG February 1982 says "Hello"...

...and probably a bazillion other personal choice Grail-ish matches each of have stashed in our "Please relase the goddamned thing!" pile in our brains...

Okay but marketing Bob Backlund and Adrian Adonis is a tough sell nowadays.

This to be confirms that the WWE's various departments never talk. There is no way someone doing one of the many UT DVD sets or 2 Savage sets would not have jumped at the chance to include this in a release if they knew about it and cared about the quality of the products at all.

I have a feeling Titan Towers should be raided by a group. When the Fink asks "who are you guys ISIS" they reply "No obscure wrestling marks. Now get to copying the tapes Fink or ELSE"

I am kidding btw.

I am beyond irate that they have been sitting on a Randy Savage-Undertaker match for over 24 years now and have not found a use for it. I always assumed the cameras were off for those TV taping main events but I guess not.

How do we know they have it on tape, do they show footage on the Legends show?

Anyone catch the new Breaking Ground after the Survivor Series? Probably the best episode yet.

It made me want to root for Mojo Rawley. His rapport with that one fan who got straight As on his report card was really touching. We also got to see a different side of both Dana Brooke and Zack Ryder through their interactions with Mojo. William Shatner narrating "Hype Bros" makes me smile. :)

The stuff with Jason Jordan and Chad Gable was fantastic too.

Gable: "Do you know what every great tag team has had in common?" Dramatic pause. "They were all best friends." Jordan's facial reactions were priceless.

ZZ, not Josh, continues to be the "star" on this show out of the two Tough Enough contestants. Even though ZZ has cardio and maturity issues (in fairness, he is only 19), he recognizes what he has to work on, and he's nice and humble about it. He "quit" at the end of this week's show, but I hope he turns things around. Man Bun Josh does nothing for me. Unfortunately, I suspect ZZ was only hired to highlight the fact that some people "don't make it" (one of the taglines of this show).

So there's a new series coming soon called "Ride Along", which has two people in a car with a camera. That's actually kind of clever, and Table for 3 has been pretty good, so maybe it will be interesting?

I hope that Bayley and Carmella gets a royalty check because it sounds an awful lot like their Periscope videos that they did about a year or two ago. I am hoping they have new footage because what they showed was clips of Total Divas

I liked this week Breaking Ground but watching Jordan and Gable talk to each really makes you think how worked this show really is. I know that Jordan has very little personality but that speech in the car sounded like two guys reading a script

Rawley seems like a good guy but man I felt sorry Zack Ryder because clearly he doesn't want to deal with a character like him but realizes this is probably his last shot

Yeah, Ryder really felt like an older brother being forced to babysit his hyperactive younger sibling. I can understand why, Mojo came across as a lovely guy, but someone who would drive you mad if you spent a lot of time in their company. It did make me want to see him succeed though, and I've actually thought he's been looking better on recent NXT's.

I actually think ZZ will turn it around. They've already has Devin Taylor released on the show, and the trailer for next week's show doesn't look too promising for Cal Bishop, so they need one guy to actually break through. He also comes across as a nice chap, naive, but honest, so I can see his being the big redemption story of the show.

So there's a new series coming soon called "Ride Along", which has two people in a car with a camera. That's actually kind of clever, and Table for 3 has been pretty good, so maybe it will be interesting?

Robert Llewellyn did it several years ago with Car Pool, and it worked really well as a weekly short-form video podcast, but didn't really translate when UKTV gave him an over-the-air deal. He was also interviewing his passengers in an informed, anecdotal manner, this has the Bella Twins going on a road trip, so fuck that.