Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, they did show a few Mid-South matches on Classics on Demand, but not full episodes. I hope they add more Prime Time, TNT, All American, Wrestling Spotlight, and the original Superstars of Wrestling show than ran from 1984-1986. It would be cool if they upload early 1970's WWWF Championship & All Star Wrestling, so we can see stuff like Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody tagging up in a WWWF ring. The JT Rozzero & the gang piece on the WWE Network adventure will be covering more stuff now and going backwards.

Four more 1987/1988 episodes of AWA, including Rockers/Badd Company and Rockers/Nasty Boys. The current list:

- 1/25/87

- 1/24/88

- 2/28/88

- 3/13/88

- 4/10/88

The gradual "leak" of this content is an interesting approach - are they fishing in social media for interest in specific territories?

I think what happened was that Harley ended up shooting on Magnum or something like that at the Omni show, which was the night that episode aired. Harley was let go after that. It was brought up on Wrestling classics a couple days ago.

Edit: Harley was asked to do a 30 second job to Magnum and Harley took liberties on Magnum in the ring. It was at the 1/4/86 Greensboro show.

Well I signed back up. It seems like all the AWA stuff uploaded has Michaels ( Rockers) in it, SMW has Jericho ( Thrillseekers) , WCCW has Warrior and MSW has Duggan in at least 2 of the 3 shows. Hopefully they aren't just showing episodes with what they see as former WWE superstars.

Either way pretty cool and it's nice to actually see some AWA without the ESPN crawl at the bottom.

Easily. You beat the crap out of the opponent in the first fall and then you beat the crap out of him in the 2nd fall. A few times the jobber would get a small bit of offense but nothing like in Crockett.

I know it is early but something tells me we aren't going to get periodic TV from this stuff. it is going to be "let's show best of Shawn Michaels in AWA" or "let's show best of Chris Jericho in SMW". Maybe eventually it will get to all the shows

They will base that on the number of views each episode gets, which is why I have it going in another window on my laptop right now while I do other things.

Yep, doing my part and streaming something on mute all day at work. Can't watch but hopefully they note the numbers.

I'm doing the same thing at work. I have the sound on just so I can here the promos. Nobody has walked into my office today while it was playing, so I didn't have to explain what it was yet.

AWA Superstars 2/28/88 begins with Larry Nelson drunkenly rambling about how uncomfortable his orthopedic chair is. An offscreen female voice yells at him, at which times he realize that the maker of the chair may be a sponsor of the TV show.

One of the most bizarre and nonsensical openings to a wrestling TV show ever, yet I'd still rather have that begin a show than any 20-minute monologue put together by WWE's current creative team.

AWA Superstars 2/28/88 begins with Larry Nelson drunkenly rambling about how uncomfortable his orthopedic chair is. An offscreen female voice yells at him, at which times he realize that the maker of the chair may be a sponsor of the TV show.

One of the most bizarre and nonsensical openings to a wrestling TV show ever, yet I'd still rather have that begin a show than any 20-minute monologue put together by WWE's current creative team.

This is absolutely true. And not because anyone wants some weirdo rambling on their wrestling tv show. We just want something different then the exact same formula that's been used week in and week out for nearly 2 decades now. Creating stars is one thing, but simply changing the television formula -- to practically anything that doesn't resemble the current product outside of the matches -- would help. It almost doesn't matter which direction they take it. Just make it different.