Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep now they are putting on stuff time to the Blade Runners of Sting & Warrior. Hopefully it shows lots of Sting stuff feuding with Gilbert

Watched the First Look on the Owen documentary and it looked pretty good. Love the story of how Owen took care of the livestock for the Triple H vs Henry Godwin Hog Pen Match and put it in Vince's office first :lol:

There's an empty category up now for Stampede.

We're getting exactly what was in that survey in the link I posted last night.

I don't think this will be the end of the territory stuff, I think it's just going to come in batches like this over the years. Judging by the order stuff from the survey has gone up I'm also guessing these territory shows were the least popular ones of the choices offered since all the other options (except HHH-Era Raw 2000) is already up.

It's funny watching rookie Rob Rechsteiner being referred by his last name constantly in one of the PPW shows and my brain thinking they're saying "Rick Steiner" over and over.

Also, holy shit the Blade Runners were jacked even more than Sting and Warrior would be at any point after.

Also x 2 man does Joel Watts suck on commentary. It's like if David Crockett took a Xanax.

Amazingly while typing that last post Joel just mentioned the Blade Runners' aggression being a "steroid effect" which just confirms my last two points.

Steroids were not illegal until 1990 and weren't really a secret in the territories. Hercules openly referred to doing steroids in at least one promo in Mid-South and Phil Hickerson talked shit about the Blade Runners in their Memphis run saying the only thing they knew how to do was "pull them britches down and put them steroids in that booty"

I realize steroids were legal then, but mentioning them usually not something done by the announcers.

Well Mid-South and Memphis were two territories that tried to present things in a realistic fashion and not insult the fans intelligence (well at least when Jerry Jarrett was booking, Lawler got a little too into his comic book & monster movie fandom at times) so acknowledging that two obviously roided up guys were on steroids fits that mentality. It's not like the fans couldn't tell. I remember Bill Watts himself talking about steroids on the shows at times but I can't remember the exact context like the one of Hercules talking about doing dianabol or Phil Hickerson's promo from Memphis.

Not to rain on the parade because I am also thrilled to see this stuff posted, but doesn't it look like there's going to be very little connection between episodes other than NWA World Championship Wrestling?

Like Mid-South has random episodes featuring future big stars like Warrior and HBK spreading from '82 to '86. Are they going to fill in all those gaps? SMW is all 1994 right now so I guess they may upload that entire year eventually.

This is awesome, but man I wish they'd just do it all in order so we can watch storylines and angles over the course of weeks and months.

Question about the Mid-South shows, do all of the ones uploaded so far feature a match or something else from the DVD released a few years ago? Better yet, are there shows that weren't on it at all?

That's pretty much what I was assuming the deal was on those Mid-South shows, it was stuff they already converted for DVD releases.

Did you ever think you would see even a slice of the Austin vs Chris Adams USWA feud on this Network? Man I hope Austin worked on a couple weeks when the John Tatum angles really went nuts :o

Yea more people need to see when John Tatum picked up a jobber and threw him over the barricade AT the fans. No, not into. At.

Not to rain on the parade because I am also thrilled to see this stuff posted, but doesn't it look like there's going to be very little connection between episodes other than NWA World Championship Wrestling?

Like Mid-South has random episodes featuring future big stars like Warrior and HBK spreading from '82 to '86. Are they going to fill in all those gaps? SMW is all 1994 right now so I guess they may upload that entire year eventually.

This is awesome, but man I wish they'd just do it all in order so we can watch storylines and angles over the course of weeks and months.

This stuff has to get views for more to come, like Loss said. The best way to do that is at first put stuff up featuring guys the average subscriber is familiar with to get their attention. It's actually pretty smart, as apposed to the initial launch with some WCCW shows featuring no one a modern audience is familiar with.