Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched that Flair tag match and it tickled me to think about how if you'd been asked in 1991 to pick a future World Champion out of all the others guys involved, the answer wouldn't have been Scott Hall, Brian Pillman or but Bobby Eaton, but actually the sleazy 30-odd year old guy on the floor in the zebra print jacket who you've never seen have a match in his life. And he'd be a legitimate star, too! Wrestling is great.

I watched the flair clip they have of some of his promos. Jesus he was good. The one in his "house" with David Crockett was brilliant. He didn't yell or scream, and dammit he looked every inch a world champion and I was left in no doubt as to who he was facing, where the match was taking place, and who he was facing in his title match. That's what a good promo does IMO.

Such an odd pairing, Flair with Hall, especially when it could have been either Arn or Barry.

There is a Flair/Arn v. Bobby/partner (I think Big Josh) match from this same time period. I figure they were just switching things up since they were doing so much TV.

According to Pwinsider.com, WWE is moving forward with Bring It To The Table as a monthly series; JBL, Corey Graves and Peter Rosenberg will be the regulars for the series. The latest episode, which debuts Monday after Raw, will feature reaction to the House of Horrors match.

Prepare to see JBL explain how the House of Horrors match was brilliant, and everybody who didn't like it was an idiot.

Interesting point. I know it is supposed to be a panel discussion show, but the first episode with JBL and Heyman really came across as a "WWE is great, really great, or really amazingly great...which do you think is most accurate" type of discussion. No real controversial opinions were expressed, nor did I really expect them to be.

On the next episode, Graves briefly became my hero when he said that he didn't really want to see AJ Styles wrestle Shane McMahon. Then on the Wrestlemania Week episode, he admitted that Shane had pulled him aside to discuss that opinion, but he wouldn't expand on what was said between them. I got the impression it was tense...but that was very likely for dramatic effect.

I'm curious if he'll continue to say whatever is on his mind, or if he was politely told to keep any opinions that didn't toe the company line to himself. Based on Graves actually making not-so-thinly-veiled references to the Tom Phillips’ Sexting Scandal on 205 Live this past week, maybe he will continue to say whatever he wants.

You never know how that kind of thing will go over. I think sometimes Vince thinks it's funny, but if somebody convinces him otherwise...look out. JBL has apparently decided the safest bet is to just blindly and emphatically support whatever WWE does.

Yeah the 205 Live comments were interesting, the awkwardness made it seem like Tom didn't know it was coming. I wonder who produces the announcers, HHH maybe? Or Cole? I can't imagine Vince giving any level of a shit about anything that happens on the show.

On the next episode, Graves briefly became my hero when he said that he didn't really want to see AJ Styles wrestle Shane McMahon.

Except, this was likely pure bullshit too. Maybe he really feels that way, maybe not, but the reason he got to express that "controversial" opinion was because he was a Raw guy showing disinterest in a Smackdown feud - thereby promoting the whole Raw vs. Smackdown rivalry narrative between the two brands.