Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Except his follow up was that AJ is the best guy on the planet and he'd rather see him in the ring with another full time wrestler instead of a GM not known for his actual wrestling ability. It didn't come across as Raw vs SD in the least. But the real on this is...why would anyone expect a show like that not to reinforce WWE talking points? Like...that's kind of the point, with a bit of blowback on some things to appease the part of the crowd that loves to think people are shooting.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely expect it to reinforce WWE talking points and don't really expect any real "shoot" comments.

It doesn't make it any less cringe-worthy though. The absolute passion and vehemence with which JBL defends anything and everything WWE does...he's basically the Smithers to the WWE's Mr. Burns. My whole point in my original post is that I fully expect JBL to be aggressively bashing anybody who dares criticize the House of Horrors match. I'd like to be wrong about that, but I seriously doubt I will be.

A new Bring It to the Table tonight. The first since the JBL issue. So what is the over/under on the first Mauro wise ass remark or insult. I don't put it past JBL or Rosenburg one bit

They just signed a (presumably) hefty settlement with Mauro that surely included a non-disparagement clause. OTOH, they had one with Warrior and released an entire DVD running him down, so who knows.

On this week's Bring it to the Table, did anyone notice that they shoehorned a random JBL rant about Sami Zayn between two commercials? It wasn't on the list of topics and the positioning felt extremely odd and out of place. JBL spouted some nonsense about how he'd rather be captured by ISIS than listen to Zayn. WTF???

I do wish they'd dump stuff a bit more evenly throughout the month, you feel like you get a ton of stuff one week and then it goes barren for a little while. I mean, sure, you get more than enough to last the whole month, but I think if it was distributed a bit differently it would feel like a constant stream of things coming out.

Anyway, they uploaded Episode 41 of Tuesday Night Titans last night. I don't know if that's a signifier that they'll be finishing off the run or not though, since it's one of three shows that were skipped during the original drop, rather than from the last batch (the final year or so).

EDIT: They've uploaded a pile more TNT, so there's the answer. Although the sequence currently goes "53, 55, 56, 54, 57", with 56 and 54 both listed as November 1st, 1985.

Did the legal wrangling over the old Superstars of Wrestling shows ever get straightened out? It would be neat if that ends up as a content dump at some point.

Not going by the superstars matches featured on prime time wrestling on the network. The blue banner is blurred.Now it could be that the episodes weren't changed post 2012 WWF agreement.

Honestly, at least as it concerns Prime Time I don't mind the blurring as much. Not as bad as when they were blurring Attitude Era stuff, where the scratch logo was pretty much on everything that wasn't nailed down.

I remember trying to watch a dvd with the blurred attitude stuff and the mast was unwatchable. Everything was blurry EVERYWHERE!

Has anyone gone through any of WWF Raw from 2000? Just wondering if there's any major edits apart from the obvious theme music.

The only gripe I have with Raw's from 2000 is no more Attitude Extra segments after the broadcast.

Really wanted to see the Earl Hebner People's Elbow on Vince.

Table for 3 with Jim Cornette, Eric Bischoff, and Michael PS Hayes was the best episode of that show ever, by a country mile. It's just a shame that an obviously much longer conversation got cut down to 19 minutes.

I kinda wish Vince Russo would get back into WWE's good graces, at least as a "talking head," so he can appear on these sorts of things. I know there was new footage of him shot for the Monday Night War series and a couple of other things, but not much.