Pro Wrestling Only

Global Force Wrestling

Stiva

Screen_Shot_2014-04-07_at_6.02.11_AM.png

So, Jarrett has made his announcement.

JARRETTS UNVEIL NEW WRESTLING PROMOTION: JOIN THE FORCE!
NASHVILLE -- After weeks of speculation and unprecedented internet buzz surrounding the hashtag #ItsComing ... IT IS HERE!
Legendary performer and third-generation promoter Jeff Jarrett and his wife, Karen, are set to unveil Global Force Wrestling (GlobalForceWrestling.com), which promises to be the most fan-interactive and immersive wrestling experience in history.
"Because of new media, new technology and more ‘in-tune' fans than we've ever had, wrestling is poised for another boom like it experienced in the mid-1980s and late 1990s," Jeff Jarrett said. "What we're going to deliver is a multi-platform, innovative brand that will engage fans in ways they've never experienced. It will provide a fresh perspective inside the business that fans have been clamoring for."
Jarrett, the founder of TNA wrestling and a 12-time world champion who wrestled in WWE, WCW and numerous international promotions, and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January 2014.
"Jeff was born into this business," Karen Jarrett said. "It's his life's passion. He saw a unique opportunity to fill a need in professional wrestling, and he has tirelessly devoted himself physically, mentally and emotionally to doing just that."
Videos of the Jarretts previewing the new promotion attached to the hashtag #ItsComing have garnered more than a million views. Meanwhile, Jeff and Karen have been searching the United States and the international ranks in search of undiscovered talent. The response has been overwhelming, with more than 400 performers from across the globe already in the evolving GFW talent database.
"The reality is we want to build a brand in which fans are watching our wrestlers evolve from day one and are truly invested in the lives of our talent in and out of the ring," Jarrett said.
Global Force Wrestling expects to make several more key announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Jarrett will be on John Arezzi's radio show and Mike Tenay's overnight sports radio show in LA to discuss GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING. What a dated name.

No TV deal, key talent or first show was announced so what an announcement. Awful logo, a website that went down and proof reading issues in their press release and their Twitter header - they place misspelt the link to their website in it.

Guest The Jiz

This lack of self-reflection is already hinting towards a destined failure. There is nothing "Global" about the company whatsoever, and it's dishonest to pass itself off as a company that has a reach at the moment of not even three states. I don't understand what they're trying to do or what's different where it can be a viable alternative to WWE. He is buds with Russo too. He'll be booking within a year tops would be my guess. If he can cut a deal with NJPW, something interesting might form. But the problem in general with a second promotion is the talent pool on the indy league and available star power has no major league feel to it.

That's the problem with the wrestling business generally, that key decision makers are largely uneducated and have questionable judgment. As much as people like Russo are condemned for totally missing the point about x, y, and z, people like Jarrett aren't much better or clever. What makes him think there is even the demand for a second wrestling promotion? - especially now when things might get hot for WWE in the next few years with new stars. It's annoying when executives like that have the attention span of a banana rat and the IQ of a dog's penis.

Guest The Jiz

Banana rat? Dog's penis?

Yep...executives should read publications like the Observer instead of repeating mistake after mistake, year after year, because they choose not to learn from history and to not know how trends work. WWE draws less than 5 million viewers on Monday nights during its best season, and it's not like the company makes enormous profits. What makes Jarrett think there is even the demand in wrestling for another one of his vanity promotions? The demand isn't there.

How do you feel about this venture? What is he going to do? Fight for scraps with TNA? It'd be nice if some new blood with a lot of money tried to start up a new promotion instead of Jarrett. Why not have Bischoff start a promotion too? That would be complete. The business has changed and new faces are on the horizon. No one cares about Jarrett. He ruined his rep a long time ago with TNA.

If Russo is not involved and Jeff goes back to booking from his roots and is not a main on screen star this has a chance. At least a chance I will watch.

There is lots of talent out there, so there is a lot in the air for this. It has potential to be a solid promotion or a complete failure.

JJ is such a con artist. The guy is selling shirts and photos of him and Karen before even selling tickets to an event. This seems like one of those schemes were JJ is going to make money off the merch and then 2-3 months later say "Welp, it didn't work out". Presentation is everything and GFW took the TNA approach to things and if this is any indication of where the company is going then they should be able to gain even less traction than TNA.

Russo is not going to be involved in this. Russo pretty much helped put Jeff out of power in TNA, and from some of the things Jim Cornette said about his time there, it seemed like Jeff knew Russo was a mistake but it was too late by that point because Russo was already in with Dixie.

As far as the new promotion goes, I hope it succeeds. I think there is enough talent on the indies to make it work, especially since it seems like most of the TNA guys would want to jump if there was anything to jump to. Think about it for a little bit. There's a lot out there: Chris Masters, AJ Styles, Chris Hero, The Briscoes, Luke Gallows (just re-do the Isiah Cash bit), Trevor Murdoch, Colt Cabana, The Young Bucks, Mike Bennett, Cliff Compton, Adam Cole, Greg Marasciulo, etc. Probably a bunch of other guys that I'm just blanking on. Personally I'd look at Ezekiel Jackson if he was healthy.

There's no other vague mysterious "coming soon" promotions to get interested in except for this one. However, if this becomes a thing and they DON'T give my man Chris Masters regular employment they'll be dead to me. I also offer up my services as a booker seeing as all the guys I listed are guys I use in my TEW game, so obviously I know how to use them and I'll just say I *AM* booking the #1 promotion in the world.