Pro Wrestling Only

Global Force Wrestling

Stiva

Russo is not going to be involved in this. Russo pretty much helped put Jeff out of power in TNA, and from some of the things Jim Cornette said about his time there, it seemed like Jeff knew Russo was a mistake but it was too late by that point because Russo was already in with Dixie.

As far as the new promotion goes, I hope it succeeds. I think there is enough talent on the indies to make it work, especially since it seems like most of the TNA guys would want to jump if there was anything to jump to. Think about it for a little bit. There's a lot out there: Chris Masters, AJ Styles, Chris Hero, The Briscoes, Luke Gallows (just re-do the Isiah Cash bit), Trevor Murdoch, Colt Cabana, The Young Bucks, Mike Bennett, Cliff Compton, Adam Cole, Greg Marasciulo, etc. Probably a bunch of other guys that I'm just blanking on. Personally I'd look at Ezekiel Jackson if he was healthy.

There's no other vague mysterious "coming soon" promotions to get interested in except for this one. However, if this becomes a thing and they DON'T give my man Chris Masters regular employment they'll be dead to me. I also offer up my services as a booker seeing as all the guys I listed are guys I use in my TEW game, so obviously I know how to use them and I'll just say I *AM* booking the #1 promotion in the world.

Great Post. However alot of the talents you mentioned are not available. AJ Styles , Young Bucks , Mike Benett, Adam Cole , Briscoes and Luke Gallows are all under with ROH or NJPW . I can't see anyone leaving NJPW/ROH to join the startup Global Force.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Gallows and Styles have NJPW contracts. Young Bucks and Hero have a current working relationship as well. Colt Cabana will most likely not join because he wants his freedom that I am sure JJ will not be able to provide. I feel guys like Carlito and Masters are shoe-ins. Hopefull the same can be said for John Morrison. The remaining roster should contain guys like Brian Cage, Trent?, and other indy guys who are not overly exposed at this point.

Yeah Gallows and Styles have NJPW contracts. Young Bucks and Hero have a current working relationship as well. Colt Cabana will most likely not join because he wants his freedom that I am sure JJ will not be able to provide. I feel guys like Carlito and Masters are shoe-ins. Hopefull the same can be said for John Morrison. The remaining roster should contain guys like Brian Cage, Trent?, and other indy guys who are not overly exposed at this point.

Brian Cage , Willie Mack , Chris Masters, John Morrison , Joey Ryan , Scorpio Sky ,Adam Pearce and Colt Cabana are names that stick out to me. That would be a nice core roster for a startup . I don't think any of these guys are under contract .

The ROH talents are getting around 40 dates year with their home promotion . Now it looks like the top ROH talents are now going to get NJPW tours. Then they fill in their schedule with indy dates and overseas tours . The top ROH guys always seem to have plenty of work. If I 'm in ROH I would only leave for the WWE , not Global Force or even TNA.

I would feel shitty complaining if we got a babyface Masters vs. heel Jarrett match out of this, no matter how bad it more than likely turns out.

I'm usually not this cynical, but I see the roster basically a being a combination of guys with terrible tattoos and ex WWE guys with way too much baggage (Carlito, Zeke Jackson, etc.)

A lot of the "names" that have been mentioned (like AJ Styles) would automatically make me write-off a promotion. There are some guys out there that I like, such as Masters & Carlito (when he's motivate) but for the most part, I'll take the folks in NXT over those on the U.S. Indies.

• 1 month later...

I want to get behind this project, but Jarrett isn't making it easy.

He claims to have a database of 500 wrestlers who could potentially be used yet he's charging people for tryouts already.

Any word on when the next announcement announcing an announcement will be?

He bought the "PWI 500" issue?