Pro Wrestling Only

Pro-Wrestling Super Show

Grimmas

This will be the mega-thread for the PWSS. Each Wednesday a new episode will be posted here.

Click here to follow the PWSS and the other great shows on the PWO-PTBN Podcast Network on iTunes.

Click here to follow the PWSS and the other great shows on the PWO-PTBN Podcast Network on Soundcloud.

Please leave feedback in this thread or join the PWO-PTBN Podcast Network on facebook.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://placetobenation.com/pro-wrestling-super-show-wwf-tag-team-title-history-part-1/

Pro-Wrestling Super Show – WWF Tag Team Title History, Part 1

bulldogs.png

Host: Steven Graham

Guests: Pete (Titans of Wrestling) & Mike Poulin

On this week’s episode we look at the history of the WWF World Tag Team Titles from March 1979 to 1991. Who worked, who didn’t, we break down the title reigns here.

http://placetobenation.com/pro-wrestling-super-show-variations-on-the-horsemen/

factionsHorsemen.jpg

Guests: Tim Livingston, Charles (Wrestling with the Past) & Will (Good Will Wrestling)

On this week’s episode we explore the variations on the Horsemen. Including giving our own dream Horsemen, Horsewomen, Texan Horsemen, current-day Horsemen and even choose your own adventure Horsemen. Enjoy this discussion on the Horsemen!

Latest edition was one of my favorite PWSS and the 1:45 just blew by. I thought Will's point about modern 4 Horseman and not really knowing wrestler's today true personality was astute. Ziggler seems a lot more genuinely like a good guy than any of the Golden Age Horseman outside of the ring.

Latest edition was one of my favorite PWSS and the 1:45 just blew by. I thought Will's point about modern 4 Horseman and not really knowing wrestler's today true personality was astute. Ziggler seems a lot more genuinely like a good guy than any of the Golden Age Horseman outside of the ring.

Thanks Chad, I think it was one of the strongest episodes in a long time.

Here is a question for everyone, is there any other variations on another group or other variations you would like to hear?

Here is a question for everyone, is there any other variations on another group or other variations you would like to hear?

I thought a Generations Horseman (Peak guy from 70,80,90,00) would be fun.

For the 70's, I have:

70: Buddy Rose (workhorse, cocky heel)

80: Ric Flair (ACE)

90: Brian Pillman ( Shit stir-er)

00: Chris Hero (Barry WIndham Role, tag with Pillman)

Weakness here is no Enforcer type role but I think the interplay in promos between the first three could overcome that.

How about different options for "the third man" in the nWo?

Totally random, but here's the combo I came up with for a (mostly) modernized "Four Horsewomen of Wrestling"...

- Stephanie McMahon as the mouthpiece & figurehead. Yup. Say what you will, but she's a freaking furnace when it comes to generating heat these days. She's better than ever on the mic. She can show ass. And she only competes sporadically, which would lend a more "special" feel to her rare matches & appearances. Maybe some won't like the idea, but I would. Plus, she's got built-in credibility, power, and influence. Only makes sense for her to play mother hen of the whole house.

- Trish Stratus and/or Mickie James. Pick one. Both bring the country twang with their cowgirl hats. I prefer Trish as a heel honestly, but I won't lie. I dig the appeal of Mickie as a take-no-prisoners temptress that plays at these local dives & bars. Very much plays into the seedy, sleazy side of a Horsemen-like party lifestyle.

- Victoria (Tara?) and/or Natalya for the enforcer role. Again, take your pick. Both chicks are tough as nails but still easy enough on the eyes. Also, they both come with an accessory - the boy toy groupie. Natty has Tyson, which doesn't jive as well with the original concept, since it's her husband and all. But I love Kidd's recent work as a heel. Then there's Victoria, who had Jesse Godderz for awhile in TNA. I seriously enjoyed the act they ran there while it lasted. Good stuff.

- Madison Rayne for the fourth & final spot. She could be the "fall guy"... err, gal... for the faction. She's the Tully. The Buddy Jack. The pest that eats defeat more often than the rest of the pack. She did well enough with the whole "beauty queen" gimmick in TNA for awhile, and I think that fits quite nicely. As far as her work goes, she has honestly come A LONG way in terms of improvement. I was pleasantly surprised by her match in Japan against Gail Kim earlier this year, as well as their Steel Cage encounter at the LockDown PPV.

So yeah. Just came here to say I *really* enjoyed this episode & the concept itself, but somehow wound up posting all that. Christ.

http://placetobenation.com/pro-wrestling-super-show-thanksgiving-special/

Thanksgiving2010.jpg

Pro-Wrestling Super Show's Thanksgiving Special

Guests: Kevin Kelly (Kevin Kelly Show), Justin Rozzero (Place to be Nation), Glenn Butler, Jason Mann (Wrestlespective Radio), Parv (Where the Big Boys Play), Chad (Brad & Chad Show), Tim Livingston, Will (Good Will Wrestling), Pete (Titans of Wrestling), & Charles (Wrestling with the Past)

Join us for the epic Thanksgiving Special. A huge assortment of guests give what they are thankful for and recommend a match. A bunch of fun topics are discussed as the Super Show joins the Thanksgiving wrestling tradition.

Flair was damn near sociopathic (PWO Word of the Day) about wanting to be the best. I think Flair was trying to make his entire persona great, whereas Bret was great in the ring and wanted to prove things that way more than anything else. I don't think it was about a degree of motivation so much as it was where they decide to use that motivation.