Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Fast Lane... Live as it happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think switching gears would have been a mistake. Lesnar-Bryan still has appeal down the line, but I'd rather see them rebuild Bryan first. My bigger problem is that they don't have anyone at Bryan's level for him to face on the show, yet they had a program in reserve for the far less over Randy Orton, who has been on the shelf for months himself. The priorities of this company never cease to amaze.

Bryan should beat Shemaus based on the fact that he is 0-2 against him (they were last 2 in battle royal if I remember right) including an extremely embarrassing loss. But yeah Shemaus losing in his return is ready bad too. which is why Bryan vs Ziggler probably would have made more sense if they didn't make him look like a goof tonight

I think switching gears would have been a mistake. Lesnar-Bryan still has appeal down the line, but I'd rather see them rebuild Bryan first. My bigger problem is that they don't have anyone at Bryan's level for him to face on the show, yet they had a program in reserve for the far less over Randy Orton, who has been on the shelf for months himself. The priorities of this company never cease to amaze.

Randy will always have golden boy status. Bryan will never have that even if he has become something of a made man.

Heels are supposed to cheat so there's nothing wrong with that, however in the context of a company where heels don't really cheat how does that effect the audience reaction?

WWE heels cheat all the time. Excessively IMO. I liked the way that was done because Rusev doesn't need to cheat, it was an even match that he was winning on points, but he heard Lana on the apron and the ref going over, so he kicked Cena in the balls. why not? that's what heels do

I'm really not sure where you're coming from with "in the context of a company where heels don't really cheat" when EVERY heel in WWE cheats. I like it better when it's like Rusev tonight, or Mr. Perfect....where these guys are really good and can beat anyone on any given night (cept for Hogan in Perfect's case).....but they are heels because they don't care about breaking the rules when the going gets tough

Last two matches were good.

Definitely the best Bryan has looked since returning. I thought the match was structured well, with the power vs. speed/wrestling acumen storyline coming across naturally. Loved the flying arm bar (well, almost) from Bryan and the submission attempts. Both guys laid in their stuff hard down the stretch. Reigns looked good and only part of that was Bryan's doing. Very good match and probably the best they were going to have under the circumstances. With better booking leading into the match and a more engaged crowd, that same match could have been great.

They should really run Rusev vs. Bryan at WM. Not only would it have the chance of being excellent, it would be one of the more over matches they could run at this point. Never going to happen since that would leave Cena out in the cold (and Cena should have a major match on the show), but still . . .

Switching gears would have been a mistake because then they would have lost control of ever Royal Rumble from now on. They need to have that thing in Iowa every year.

Switching gears would have been a mistake because then they would have lost control of ever Royal Rumble from now on. They need to have that thing in Iowa every year.

or you know...just...give people what they want maybe

Not once in the last thirteen years has it been about that. It's been about making one person happy, period. He won the war. Two wars. Until he dies that'll be his spoils. On the other hand, it's hard to fault a big corporation to want to present a product that it's most comfortable with. That's sort of the nature of the beast, so I can have it both ways.

The show overall......I thought a lot of the wrestling was good.....but that Memphis crowd sucked. And the commentary sucked. And crowd heat and commentary are very important things to me. You could see a lot of the guys actively trying to pump up the crowd and it just wasn't there.

I actually really liked the opener and the Usos-Kidd/Cesaro match as far as match quality goes....thought both were very good. Cena/Rusev was good. Reigns/Bryan was good but the crowd was taking me out of it a bit. There were points where the crowd was quiet and one guy was yelling "BOOOOOO". Those dudes were put in a tough spot when it came to crowd reactions, didn't help that it was a shitty crowd, but I really liked a lot of the stuff in the match and thought Roman worked his ass off and showed a lot more than he does against Big Show or Kane in singles matches. There was some really noticeable stuff from him that didn't look good, but eh, I expect that.

I hated the finish to that match, and I hated Reigns being the guy who survives the flying knee for the first time. Bryan knocked Cena out with it and won the world title. He beat HHH with it. It's a death move finisher in WWE. Kind of a waste to have Bryan hit it and Reigns kick out IMO. If he goes for it and Reigns catches him in the air and throws him out of the ring......ok....cool. But that was a terrible choice by whoever booked this match.

I'm very curious what the WM plan is for Bryan now. Sheamus returning to fight him would be kinda lame. Ziggler and him would feel shoehorned in. I don't know.

Heels are supposed to cheat so there's nothing wrong with that, however in the context of a company where heels don't really cheat how does that effect the audience reaction?

WWE heels cheat all the time. Excessively IMO. I liked the way that was done because Rusev doesn't need to cheat, it was an even match that he was winning on points, but he heard Lana on the apron and the ref going over, so he kicked Cena in the balls. why not? that's what heels do I'm really not sure where you're coming from with "in the context of a company where heels don't really cheat" when EVERY heel in WWE cheats. I like it better when it's like Rusev tonight, or Mr. Perfect....where these guys are really good and can beat anyone on any given night (cept for Hogan in Perfect's case).....but they are heels because they don't care about breaking the rules when the going gets tough

No they don't. Not by traditional wrestling standards. Heels win cleanly all the time, especially dominantly booked heels in Rusev's position.