Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Fast Lane... Live as it happens

goodhelmet

I'm trailing behind the stream a little bit, but the only part of this PPV I've enjoyed was Cody's post-match beatdown and even that came on the heels of the worst match of the night.

Problem is, they went all out on Bray for months and he really didn't get over. His matches were heat vacuums. You can't exactly say they weren't behind the character, and I certainly don't buy that him losing to John Cena at Wrestlemania took his momentum away. It always seemed forced and phony, and the crowd can sense that.

Yeah, the crowd really sensed how phony he was when they were swaying along with him while he was singing "he's got the whole world in his hands" during the Cena match at Wreslemania.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trailing behind the stream a little bit, but the only part of this PPV I've enjoyed was Cody's post-match beatdown and even that came on the heels of the worst match of the night.

Problem is, they went all out on Bray for months and he really didn't get over. His matches were heat vacuums. You can't exactly say they weren't behind the character, and I certainly don't buy that him losing to John Cena at Wrestlemania took his momentum away. It always seemed forced and phony, and the crowd can sense that.

Yeah, the crowd really sensed how phony he was when they were swaying along with him while he was singing "he's got the whole world in his hands" during the Cena match at Wreslemania.

A quirky catchphrase getting over for a few weeks isn't equivalent to the worker being over. Doesn't mean they bought the gimmick. If you watch most of his matches the crowd are completely silent for the body of them.

Match of the night easy and a contender for best WWE match of the year. GREAT FINISH! That is how a heel should win with a vicious ball shot and then humiliating Cena in the Accolade. Best finish in forever. Rusev was awesome suffocating Cena and Rusev modulating his selling so well. Cena was so urgent. Loved, loved this match!

Really don't see the point in them running Cena vs Rusev now if, as seems obvious, they are doing a rematch at Wrestlemania. Takes away the novelty value, and also takes away any doubt about the outcome as Cena will clearly be getting his win back.

The match itself was alright, unspectacular. Well put together without ever being especially compelling.