Pro Wrestling Only

Is Daniel Bryan Nearing The End Of The Road?

Fantastic

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they let Bryan work matches knowing he had a concussion? They make Punk look better all the time.

Would think he was cleared and then symptoms returned.

Well according to Punk being cleared by a WWE doctor pretty much meant you made it to the building under your own power. There doesn't seem to be much short of hospitalization that would prevent getting cleared.

Also, and not to come off as another armchair doctor, it doesn't seem like anyone who's gone in for alternate treatment for neck issues ended up coming out ahead.

I don't know if I really buy that he worked safer in the indies just because he didn't necessarily do a dive or a diving headbutt in all of them. Some of the stuff with headbutts that he and Nigel did were REALLY stupid. I am pretty sure he said he lost count of how many concussions he had on the indies.

I wasn't aware that he had suffered countless concussions in ROH. Seems like I've heard Sapolsky dodge the question when asked about guys working hurt, so if that was a recurring issue, that obviously sucks. My point was that Bryan's smart/talented enough to work much safer matches than he currently does. Cooler offense that would better protect his head and neck. Even from a viewer entertainment perspective, it's stuff I like more than top rope headbutts and headdrop powerbombs. He's not like a Ziggler type with a broken motor who can only work at one 100MPH speed.

So they let Bryan work matches knowing he had a concussion? They make Punk look better all the time.

Would think he was cleared and then symptoms returned.

Well according to Punk being cleared by a WWE doctor pretty much meant you made it to the building under your own power. There doesn't seem to be much short of hospitalization that would prevent getting cleared.

Also, and not to come off as another armchair doctor, it doesn't seem like anyone who's gone in for alternate treatment for neck issues ended up coming out ahead.

The "Muscle Activation Techniques" treatment was for the elbow problem. The neck problem was handled via surgery.

Bryan just needs to adjust his style. He needs to transform himself into a pissed off brawler with a big time chip on his shoulder for being passed over. He needs to FIGHT his way back to the top. Punches and Kicks. Turn Memphis. It would fit his appearance better too. He needs a blood feud for this transformation.

When Bryan was working APW some 13 years ago he told me that he thought he had suffered 8 or 9 concussions. This was in 2002.

I remember reading the WON around late '99 early '00 when Bryan first started out and Dave mentioned something like this, but labeled it as 'bragging' and 'stupid'

Bryan just needs to adjust his style. He needs to transform himself into a pissed off brawler with a big time chip on his shoulder for being passed over. He needs to FIGHT his way back to the top. Punches and Kicks. Turn Memphis. It would fit his appearance better too. He needs a blood feud for this transformation.

there is basically zero opportunity for that sort of thing in WWE, though. When a guy rolls that way (ala Ambrose) they turn it into his whole gimmick and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that because of Ambrose they don't see room for another guy with the same "gimmick".

This probably means very little because Cena wasn't mentioned either but, at work, I heard the radio ads for WWEs next UK tour in November and Bryan wasn't mentioned. They led with Reigns, Orton, Rollins and, of all people, Ambrose as their names. Now, I know shit changes and different guys could be around the top in November but Bryan's name jumped out at me as one you'd advertise if there was no concerns going further.

WWE is rarely secretive when it comes to what injuries guys have so this does seem kind of alarming that they keep pushing back his return without elaborating on what the issue is.

I'm starting to think it's more concussion related than neck problems at this point. I would imagine if Bryan has had so many concussions that he can't get back to a baseline for their concussion testing that they wouldn't really want that getting out.